PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Xena for Congress?

M.Fillmore
05-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Gerard Gibert (husband of XenaReb) posted on Facebook that he is considering a run for Congress should Greg Harper step down. Apparently there are some rumors that Harper might move on to something else.

Gerard Gibert: "If he vacates the seat, I would strongly consider pursuing it."

I'm doubtful of Harper stepping down. I am no fan of Harper, but he has a safe seat in Congress for the next 40 years.

PassInterference
05-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Xena destroyed MSU football for a decade. So yeah run for office and see how that turns out.

bobcat91
05-12-2016, 02:41 AM
Gerard Gibert (husband of XenaReb) posted on Facebook that he is considering a run for Congress should Greg Harper step down. Apparently there are some rumors that Harper might move on to something else.

Gerard Gibert: "If he vacates the seat, I would strongly consider pursuing it."

I'm doubtful of Harper stepping down. I am no fan of Harper, but he has a safe seat in Congress for the next 40 years.

Harper is about a year away from finishing Thad Cochran's Senate seat and being there for the next 30 years.

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 04:07 AM
Harper is about a year away from finishing Thad Cochran's Senate seat and being there for the next 30 years.

I thought that was the plan...

coastdoglover
05-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Johanningmeir will be campaign manager

beretta
05-12-2016, 08:52 AM

that aint happening if Stacey Pickering wants the seat......he sat out the last time out of respect to Thad.....he is by far and away the best politician Miss has......the only question now is if Stacey Pickering wants that seat, or wants to be governor (which i hope he wants the gov position cause at this point, tate reeves is going to get MS a democrat as governor as long as its not a truck driver)....

sorry for the politicks .....but i wouldn't vote for MR Xena simply bc of who his wife is....

starkvegasdawg
05-12-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm sure Xena will go down and work hard for every vote for her husband.

Johnson85
05-12-2016, 09:19 AM
that aint happening if Stacey Pickering wants the seat......he sat out the last time out of respect to Thad.....he is by far and away the best politician Miss has......the only question now is if Stacey Pickering wants that seat, or wants to be governor (which i hope he wants the gov position cause at this point, tate reeves is going to get MS a democrat as governor as long as its not a truck driver)....

sorry for the politicks .....but i wouldn't vote for MR Xena simply bc of who his wife is....

Same here. And nothing to do with MSU loyalty. If it had been the other way around, I still wouldn't vote for him.

Taog Redloh
05-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Xena destroyed MSU football for a decade. So yeah run for office and see how that turns out.

Let's not give her this credit. Had we not been dirty it wouldn't have mattered.

BeastMan
05-12-2016, 09:47 AM
I really don't want any part of this convo but I have heard he's a pretty good guy. He got drug through the mud because of that drama with his wife. I've never met him but that is what I was told (by a MSU guy).

Political Hack
05-12-2016, 11:09 AM
He'll put an "R" beside his name and everyone will forgive them for attacking State.

If any bulldog votes for that ass hat they should be forced to burn their diploma.

bobcat91
05-12-2016, 02:41 PM

Stacy has no say in this. Harper will be appointed by the Governor to fill out Thads term and will be the incumbent. Just how politics works.

Johnson85
05-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Stacy has no say in this. Harper will be appointed by the Governor to fill out Thads term and will be the incumbent. Just how politics works.

Harper being in the seat for a few months isn't going to assure him getting out of a primary. It will help, but Pickering probalby has an advantage over Harper as far as name recognition state-wide. Even if in normal times he might would get some flack for trying to primary someone picked by a relatively popular governor, any damage done by a perceived slight to the governor and his pick will be offset by the enthusiasm of Reeves and his allies at the chance to slight the governor.

Bully13
05-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Let's not give her this credit. Had we not been dirty it wouldn't have mattered.

17 that