PDA

View Full Version : The Network- Part 2

Coach34
05-10-2016, 11:46 PM
OM's new recruiting tool under Freezus is that they have a draft plan for top recruits they recruit. It's pretty damn sweet to be honest. Freezus tells kids they are gonna sign them, OM boosters are going to take care of them and their families while they spend their 3 years in Oxford, then they will be 1st round draft picks in the NFL draft after playing SEC Football. The trick is- they ask that OM people represent them after their time at OM so they recoup their money. This is what happened with Tunsil and it went wrong

OM made their pledge to Tunsil and his family. After signing day- They left their 40K house in Florida (which was an absolute shithole) and moved to Oxford, Miss where they suddenly lived in a 150K plus house. They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years- where that Booster was promised he would recoup a million plus once Tunsil signed his NFl contract. He would represent Laremy once he left OM. He was basically investing in Laremy to pay off in 3 years.

Until Jimmy Sexton swooped in. He ****ed everything up. So when the person posted they saw Sexton, Bdork, and Freezus walking into the famous law offices the other day- they were actually going into another office there to hash out an agreement with the guy that had been ****ed over. That guy had shown them and the entire world that he wasn't going to be played for a chump- and OM plus Sexton had to pay the Piper.

How is OM getting top recruits? They are setting them up with booster agents as HS seniors to pay them and their family's way while in college- and these booster agents are getting their cut once these guys get drafted. OM and FreeZeus tried to **** one over- and they now regret it.

This is what is happening in today's college football. Shoe companies supplement kids and families in college basketball- OM is being progressive by copying this model in college football. Be their agent when they are Sr's in HS, pump the money to them for 3 years in college, get them to the NFL draft- then the bennies return when they get drafted. That's how Hugh Freezus is recruiting on a national level folks.

662dawg
05-10-2016, 11:56 PM
That's how Hugh Freezus WAS recruiting on a national level folks.

Fixed it for ya, Coach.

CadaverDawg
05-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Incredible. Imagine if the brain power being put into their excessive cheating, was used for the greater good.

Over/Under on number of views this thread gets by Monday of next week? I'm guessing Over 10k

Well done Coach. Thanks for unveiling more of the Reverend Beaver's sins.

Corn Bread
05-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Hammer to Nail.

BossDawg
05-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Any new chatter on their troubles? "Shirley" if the public knows how this system was operated, the NCAA knows, too.

cheewgumm
05-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Wow

JoseBrown
05-11-2016, 12:24 AM
So, with the new found media exposure since draft day shenanigans, will the rest of the story(The Network- Part 2) be picked up in the press?

Irondawg
05-11-2016, 06:32 AM
So who are RK and Treadwells agents?

RocketDawg
05-11-2016, 06:47 AM
If all that's true, you have to give them credit for being quite creative. One problem though is that it depends on several people keeping quiet, which you would think would be reasonable since everyone has something invested, and expects a really good return. But if someone lets something slip ....

TStationDawg
05-11-2016, 07:31 AM
So who are RK and Treadwells agents?

Interesting question I also had. Found some conflicting info on quick google search. Dated fairly close to each other. What changed? http://sportsagentblog.com/2016/01/06/ole-miss-wr-laquon-treadwell-signs-with-relativity/

http://insideolemisssports.com/2016/02/22/agent-nkemdiche-100-percent-confident-heading-into-combine/

TrapGame
05-11-2016, 07:58 AM
How much of this is known by the NCAA?

Coach34
05-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Don't forget you have the lawyer/business manager angles there also. I'm sure there is a whole plethora of things out there most of us have no idea as to what is going on behind the scenes

Coach34
05-11-2016, 08:00 AM
How much of this is known by the NCAA?

depends how much The stepdad told them

Todd4State
05-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Sounds similar to MLB where a player has an "advisor" so they can play college baseball.

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 08:32 AM
So, with the new found media exposure since draft day shenanigans, will the rest of the story(The Network- Part 2) be picked up in the press?

It's unlikely. They don't know the name of the other person involved and given the potential civil liabilities I doubt he's going to push things much further. Also, it would probably destroy his business.

Pure speculation, but I have a feeling that meeting referenced above was an explanation to him thats he's just going to have to eat a crap sandwich and like it. They may have let him out some sugar on top of the crap sandwich but it was still a crap sandwich.

coastratdog
05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
It's unlikely. They don't know the name of the other person involved and given the potential civil liabilities I doubt he's going to push things much further. Also, it would probably destroy his business.

Pure speculation, but I have a feeling that meeting referenced above was an explanation to him thats he's just going to have to eat a crap sandwich and like it. They may have let him out some sugar on top of the crap sandwich but it was still a crap sandwich.

Not really buying any of this theory, but if true and this guy had to eat that sandwich, what moron would sign up for this in the future knowing they could get screwed in 3 years?

BB30
05-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Rather creative. The question is will it have been worth it. If the NCAA knows about this then I do not see how they don't get hammered. If Ole Miss slides by on this one with a wrist slap that is going to open the flood gates and college football will not be the same ever again. If all of this is true this is in my opinion extremely bad for college football and we will be on the short track to paying college players not just a stipend but possible contracts etc. I also think if nothing happens and all of this is true it could very well be the final nail in the NCAA's coffin.

Bubb Rubb
05-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Question: How did Sexton sweeping in screw up the network planning? I don't believe for one second that Freeze had nothing to do with that. Why would he sabotage his own process?

Mjoelner34
05-11-2016, 08:52 AM
It's unlikely. They don't know the name of the other person involved....

This depends on who exactly Freezus and company were meeting with the other day doesn't it? The name of a former player was mentioned on here. Were they meeting with him or was he representing the party they were meeting with?

Jack Lambert
05-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Rather creative. The question is will it have been worth it. If the NCAA knows about this then I do not see how they don't get hammered. If Ole Miss slides by on this one with a wrist slap that is going to open the flood gates and college football will not be the same ever again. If all of this is true this is in my opinion extremely bad for college football and we will be on the short track to paying college players not just a stipend but possible contracts etc. I also think if nothing happens and all of this is true it could very well be the final nail in the NCAA's coffin.

Watching that 30 on 30 about USC those folks say it was all worth it and would do it again. So now we have to ask the question does Ole Miss fans feel getting hammered for a few year worth going to the Sugar bowl one year.

Mjoelner34
05-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Watching that 30 on 30 about USC those folks say it was all worth it and would do it again. So now we have to ask the question does Ole Miss fans feel getting hammered for a few year worth going to the Sugar bowl one year.

They would say it was worth it if they only won 1 game. That's just how they are which is why they should be put out of everybody's misery.

Coach34
05-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Orgeron and USC basically did the same things with their players. And Bush screwed over one of the guys to get caught. Let's don't act like that was a once in a lifetime thing that happened

Bubb Rubb
05-11-2016, 09:00 AM

I saw that too, but the situations aren't the same (although the punishments may end up being very similar). USC had almost ten years of unprecedented success. They played in 7 BCS bowls, played for a national championship, and had a Heisman trophy winner. Ole Miss? Three years of success - Birmingham Bowl, Peach Bowl, and one BCS-level bowl (Sugar) in a year that they lost to Memphis and Arkansas and didn't win their division. I don't think Ole Miss has accomplished anything that would make it "worth it." I don't see them being as good this year as they were last year, either.

cheewgumm
05-11-2016, 09:01 AM
If true, the best part to me is the poor guy putting up the money and "advising" Tunsil for 3 years, ONLY to have Freeze's own agent swoop in an reap all the rewards at the end. It's beautiful.

What a screwing that guy took!!

I can hear Freeze telling Sexton :"Look, you don't have to get involved in the dirt. You don't have to mixed up in NCAA violations, if it happens, nothing like that. We'll get some patsy to do that...so we can we get this great player on campus. That guy is on the hook if things go wrong, but if things work out, you get to represent the best players in the draft."

If I'm the patsy, I'm singing to the NCAA, or at least anonymously leaking it.

Hey, maybe this is C34's source.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Not really buying any of this theory, but if true and this guy had to eat that sandwich, what moron would sign up for this in the future knowing they could get screwed in 3 years?

Ill tell you who...an OM person that knows Hugh and is close to the program. Think about it.........every thing Hugh has touched has turned gold...so far. The man found a kid on the street that he wanted to be a lineman at his school. Freeze convinced a school and a sponsor family to take this kid in. When the kid had terrible grades, no parents and shown no interest in continuing with school or football. Freeze made all that happen and turned that load of BS into a damn movie.

I believe every damn bit of it. It is a genius plan actually. Because there is the promise of the payback. I believe Freeze could sell that fan base an empty 55 gallon drum, tell them that payoff on investment in the drum is 100% and every damn one of them would empty their bank account.

Tbonewannabe
05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Does Oregon and Maryland use Nike and Under Armor sponsorship deals similar? If you are a high rated recruit, the coach can almost guarantee a Nike deal once your eligibility is up? I recently saw where Coach K recruits that Duke alumni will take care of you for the rest of your life. I am guessing he means job connections but who knows.

Liverpooldawg
05-11-2016, 09:18 AM

USC is my second team, they have been since I was a little kid back in the days of Anthony Davis. In all honesty I don't think it was worth it. It was fun at the time sure, a lot of fun. But what makes those things fun over the long haul are the memories. Those are tarnished forever.

Mjoelner34
05-11-2016, 09:22 AM
In all honesty I don't think it was worth it. It was fun at the time sure, a lot of fun. But what makes those things fun over the long haul are the memories. Those are tarnished forever.

Exactly! I would feel the same way. W* does not equal W no matter how much they try to convince themselves.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Question: How did Sexton sweeping in screw up the network planning? I don't believe for one second that Freeze had nothing to do with that. Why would he sabotage his own process?

Good point. But we do know what ignited the whole Tunsil situation is a disagreement between step dad and Tunsil over an agent. Now I.don't know if switching to sexton from the network plan would piss off step dad but we do know Tunsil took a different plan with his agent at some point and that set the whole thing off.

Taog Redloh
05-11-2016, 09:30 AM
No, in the case of Ole Miss. It's only worth it if you actually win something of note. I guess you could argue the Sugar Bowl, but I'd want the SEC or national championship for it to be truly worth it.

Tbonewannabe
05-11-2016, 09:38 AM
No, in the case of Ole Miss. It's only worth it if you actually win something of note. I guess you could argue the Sugar Bowl, but I'd want the SEC or national championship for it to be truly worth it.

At the end of the day only the fans that went to the game or really keep up with the team will know about the Sugar Bowl win. After it gets stripped then UM is prevented from having any type of banner or mention in their program. It isn't like they can hang a banner with an * at the end.

Jarius
05-11-2016, 09:38 AM
It all depends on their punishment to determine whether or not it was worth it. I don't think they are going to end up thinking it was worth it when they get their sanctions, but we will see.

confucius say
05-11-2016, 09:39 AM
Orgeron and USC basically did the same things with their players. And Bush screwed over one of the guys to get caught. Let's don't act like that was a once in a lifetime thing that happened

That is what happened with Reggie, interesting. May be on to smn.

Pinto
05-11-2016, 09:40 AM
They still tout 3 national championships they never won, what would stop them from touting a bogus sugar bowl win?

DawgPoundLazer
05-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Wow, I didn't realize the "financial advisor" who was Big Softie's agent in school was an Ole Miss booster.....but that makes sense. Can't believe Freezus and Sexton would try to cross a booster. Why has this not been publicized?

TrapGame
05-11-2016, 09:52 AM
I wonder if the screwed over booster is one of ones getting disassociated from the university too? That would double suck for him. But, he may be a glutton for punishment.

blacklistedbully
05-11-2016, 09:53 AM
OM's new recruiting tool under Freezus is that they have a draft plan for top recruits they recruit. It's pretty damn sweet to be honest. Freezus tells kids they are gonna sign them, OM boosters are going to take care of them and their families while they spend their 3 years in Oxford, then they will be 1st round draft picks in the NFL draft after playing SEC Football. The trick is- they ask that OM people represent them after their time at OM so they recoup their money. This is what happened with Tunsil and it went wrong

OM made their pledge to Tunsil and his family. After signing day- They left their 40K house in Florida (which was an absolute shithole) and moved to Oxford, Miss where they suddenly lived in a 150K plus house. They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years- where that Booster was promised he would recoup a million plus once Tunsil signed his NFl contract. He would represent Laremy once he left OM. He was basically investing in Laremy to pay off in 3 years.

Until Jimmy Sexton swooped in. He ****ed everything up. So when the person posted they saw Sexton, Bdork, and Freezus walking into the famous law offices the other day- they were actually going into another office there to hash out an agreement with the guy that had been ****ed over. That guy had shown them and the entire world that he wasn't going to be played for a chump- and OM plus Sexton had to pay the Piper.

How is OM getting top recruits? They are setting them up with booster agents as HS seniors to pay them and their family's way while in college- and these booster agents are getting their cut once these guys get drafted. OM and FreeZeus tried to **** one over- and they now regret it.

This is what is happening in today's college football. Shoe companies supplement kids and families in college basketball- OM is being progressive by copying this model in college football. Be their agent when they are Sr's in HS, pump the money to them for 3 years in college, get them to the NFL draft- then the bennies return when they get drafted. That's how Hugh Freezus is recruiting on a national level folks.

Coach, wouldn't there be a way to track this? Is there a way to look into which OM athletes have been represented by OM alum?

HoopsDawg
05-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Wow, I didn't realize the "financial advisor" who was Big Softie's agent in school was an Ole Miss booster.....but that makes sense. Can't believe Freezus and Sexton would try to cross a booster. Why has this not been publicized?

Definitely makes sense. No one would post those pictures and texts of Tunsil 10 minutes before the draft as a joke. You only do that if you have a serious vendetta. Someone got screwed over and had to take revenge.

ScoobaDawg
05-11-2016, 10:00 AM

Jack check your PM.

HSVDawg
05-11-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm struggling a little bit with this one. First, my understanding is that sports agents must be licensed and certified. I think it would be pretty transparent if a bunch of random lawyers with known connections to OM suddenly got involved in the sports agency business and started representing OM players. Secondly, pretty much all these kids who are elite players want to sign with the best of the best (like a Sexton, Boras, or Rosenhaus), not some greenhorn who just fronted them some dough while they were in college. To me, it just seems too risky for both the player (potential loss of future income from signing with a guy with less negotiating experience in the business) as well as the booster (player could get injured, not pan out, or just decide not to honor the agreement like Tunsil allegedly did). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a stretch to say this is what they do with all of their top prospects. I also think it would be interesting to know who is representing Nkemdiche and Treadwell as that would potentially shed more light on the situation.

DawgPoundLazer
05-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Per a Google search:

Robert Nkemdiche - Tony Fleming of Impact Sports Management
Laquon Treadwell - Tory Dandy and Eugene Parker of Relativity Sports

No idea what their connections might be to TSUN

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 10:09 AM

I have a feeling he's done as long as Freeze is around. So he'll likely be back in by 2017/2018.

HoopsDawg
I'm struggling a little bit with this one. First, my understanding is that sports agents must be licensed and certified. I think it would be pretty transparent if a bunch of random lawyers with known connections to OM suddenly got involved in the sports agency business and started representing OM players. Secondly, pretty much all these kids who are elite players want to sign with the best of the best (like a Sexton, Boras, or Rosenhaus), not some greenhorn who just fronted them some dough while they were in college. To me, it just seems too risky for both the player (potential loss of future income from signing with a guy with less negotiating experience in the business) as well as the booster (player could get injured, not pan out, or just decide not to honor the agreement like Tunsil allegedly did). I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a stretch to say this is what they do with all of their top prospects. I also think it would be interesting to know who is representing Nkemdiche and Treadwell as that would potentially shed more light on the situation.

doesn't have to just be an agent. these guys need personal lawyer's, financial advisor's, and business managers.

billbulldogs
Im also a bit confused here because if these agents are giving out this much money, then why are there texts of tunsil asking for 305 bucks? I mean why not just go straight to the agent?

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Per a Google search:

Robert Nkemdiche - Tony Fleming of Impact Sports Management
Laquon Treadwell - Tory Dandy and Eugene Parker of Relativity Sports

No idea what their connections might be to TSUN

I think this is potentially more limited to Tunsil to be honest. All speculation of course, but an interesting perspective given the dots that are being connected.

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Im also a bit confused here because if these agents are giving out this much money, then why are there texts of tunsil asking for 305 bucks? I mean why not just go straight to the agent?

A 150k house is nice and all but you don't bother that guy for a happy meal.

Jack Lambert
05-11-2016, 10:15 AM
That is what happened with Reggie, interesting. May be on to smn.

Freeze was quoted as saying he learned a lot form coach O when it comes to recruiting.

HSVDawg
05-11-2016, 10:16 AM
doesn't have to just be an agent. these guys need a personal lawyer's, financial advisor's, and business managers.

I understand that but if he wasn't going to be the agent then how did Jimmy Sexton swooping in mess everything up? He could have always used Sexton as his agent and whatever financial advisor or lawyer he chose. Sexton coming into play would have had zero effect there.

billbulldogs
05-11-2016, 10:16 AM
A 150k house is nice and all but you don't bother that guy for a happy meal.

"They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years-" you mustve missed that part

Again if theres 200k gettin thrown around why the texts to a coach over a measly 300 bucks?

MSUDawg99
05-11-2016, 10:17 AM

Wait is this "financial advisor" the one who leaked the Tunsil vid's on draft night? The speculation is that someone that Tunsil fired before the draft that was NOT a licensed financial advisor is the one they think may have had reason to leak the vid's since he was fired. Who knows what they ever found out about that but very interesting.

HoopsDawg
05-11-2016, 10:20 AM
I understand that but if he wasn't going to be the agent then how did Jimmy Sexton swooping in mess everything up? He could have always used Sexton as his agent and whatever financial advisor or lawyer he chose. Sexton coming into play would have had zero effect there.

Sexton messed everything up if someone else was supposed to be his agent-true. Wannabe agents are desperate. It's a hard business to break into. Maybe the guy was na?ve enough to believe Tunsil would honor the deal.

Coach34
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM
"They had an OM Booster and former player sponsor them for 3 years- spending 200K plus over 3 years-" you mustve missed that part

Again if theres 200k gettin thrown around why the texts to a coach over a measly 300 bucks?

that was not a one-time payment. Plus Momma bought a ride, furniture gets bought, diamond earrings cost money, Rolex watch- money gets spent quick

Bully13
05-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Our enforcement is starting to resemble Obama's border policy.

shoeless joe
05-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Remember that you're talking about folks that have never had access to any serious amount money at all. Looking at future expenses and budgeting doesn't creep into the thought process just cuz you got a wad of cash when those things have never had to be worried about before.

I could easily see a family of a star player receiving a huge amount of cash at some point and them needing help covering a bill or three.

Taog Redloh
05-11-2016, 10:27 AM

They aren't out there dropping off bags of cash, troll. That's not how it works, even with the mythical term 'bagman'. 150K house and couple of cars = 200K.

Taog Redloh
05-11-2016, 10:28 AM

Not surprising that an OM troll would feign confusion over such accusations.

billbulldogs
05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Not surprising that an OM troll would feign confusion over such accusations.

screw you dude! Im not a ****ing troll! Im sorry im not like everybody else and just goes with everything thats put on this board, its a legit ****ing question

gtowndawg
05-11-2016, 10:42 AM

So Orgeron helps implement this at USC back in the day. Orgeron ends up at Ole Miss and recruits a O-lineman from Memphis but has to give the loser coach a job in order to do so. Said loser coach (Freeze) learns the system under Orgeron, leaves, comes back and wah-la. It wasn't his idea...he just copied the idea and put it on steriods.

ckDOG
05-11-2016, 10:43 AM

Agree with all of this - had the same thoughts. Plus, if benefits are as common as many suggest, wouldn't the athlete just go where benefits with no strings attached are offered?

That said, if a recruit / booster did buy into this arrangement, there are dumbasses involved. 1) a dumbass investor expecting a return based on loyalty from a stranger or 2) the arrangement has a contract backing it up. LOL at booster in #1. LOL at OM in #2. Please let #2 have happened.

Not buying this though. Just doesn't seem practical even for those with intentions of skirting rules. People are dumb though. Always a chance....

maroonmania
05-11-2016, 10:45 AM

There is a ton of OM boosters that would do this even with a guarantee of NO RETURN just for the self satisfaction of helping the cause and having a winning program. The main reason OM fans get so wound up over recruiting, seemingly even moreso than actual football games, is that a lot of them apparently have a direct hand in the success of that aspect of the program. So while their fans can't get directly involved in the coaching aspect they apparently regularly get directly involved in the recruiting aspect.

billbulldogs
05-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Be careful to those who God forbid actually ask a question about some of this.....youll get labeled as a troll by Tag (since he has no rational thoughts of his own)

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2016, 10:58 AM

My theory.....

No way in hell Freeze would cross the booster. Tunsil would. Sexton wasn't privy to under the table recruitment of Tunsil and therefore didn't know a previous deal existed.

The network got to Miller during the recruitment of Tunsil. Miller and the booster had a financial agreement. Miller delivers Tunsil to Oxford but is in debt to the booster to make sure Tunsil follows through with the agreement (Tunsil plays at OM and repays the booster with a portion of his NFL contract). A golden plan for Miller as he gets a house, car and a totally new life with the town of Oxford at his feet. The problem is the NFL contract and future belongs to Tunsil, not Miller. Tunsil says to hell with that. That's your deal, not mine. Im making a new deal with a proven agent that has years of experience and can get me a higher draft pick and more money.

Look who benefited from all this? Miller! Tunsil didn't go to school where he wanted. Anybody that has raised kids knows, kids don't understand or appreciate a new house or the parent driving a nice car. Tunsil was looking out for Tunsil. Which screwed up the plan of Miller and the booster. Miller knew this and it all came to a head when Tunsil switched agents.

Call me crazy......I don't care.

Bubb Rubb
05-11-2016, 11:06 AM
My theory.....

No way in hell Freeze would cross the booster. Tunsil would. Sexton wasn't privy to under the table recruitment of Tunsil and therefore didn't know a previous deal existed.

The network got to Miller during the recruitment of Tunsil. Miller and the booster had a financial agreement. Miller delivers Tunsil to Oxford but is in debt to the booster to make sure Tunsil follows through with the agreement (Tunsil plays at OM and repays the booster with a portion of his NFL contract). A golden plan for Miller as he gets a house, car and a totally new life with the town of Oxford at his feet. The problem is the NFL contract and future belongs to Tunsil, not Miller. Tunsil says to hell with that. That's your deal, not mine. Im making a new deal with a proven agent that has years of experience and can get me a higher draft pick and more money.

Look who benefited from all this? Miller! Tunsil didn't go to school where he wanted. Anybody that has raised kids knows, kids don't understand or appreciate a new house or the parent driving a nice car. Tunsil was looking out for Tunsil. Which screwed up the plan of Miller and the booster. Miller knew this and it all came to a head when Tunsil switched agents.

I think this is probably closer to the truth than anything else I've seen. A couple of gaps, though:

Wouldn't it stand to reason that UM would want to keep Miller happy?
Wouldn't it stand to reason that Tunsil keep his mouth shut and play ball until after the draft?

You can certainly see why Miller turned state's evidence with the NCAA - when Freeze labeled him a wife beater, he burned that bridge. Sexton stepping in ignited the fuse on draft night, and you know Freeze had to be in the middle of that, too. Talk about rookie mistakes by people supposedly experts at playing the game!

sandwolf
05-11-2016, 11:08 AM
It all depends on their punishment to determine whether or not it was worth it.

This. If the sanctions aren't severe enough to cripple their program for a substantial length of time, then they will feel like it was well worth it.

BHildreth3
05-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Also - There is a reason the fans/boosters raise over a million each year at a party.

GTHOM
05-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Doesnt matter now their time is up

TrapGame
05-11-2016, 11:15 AM
This. If the sanctions aren't severe enough to cripple their program for a substantial length of time, then they will feel like it was well worth it.

Absolutely. If Miller laid out just a few dots the NCAA could connect on the whole Network set-up then sanctions must be severe enough to take them back to square one. You can't let the Network stay in place or the NCAA will be right back in Oxford for another game of hide and seek.

messageboardsuperhero
05-11-2016, 11:16 AM
If you have any proof of violations send it to compliance@olemiss.edu so that they can promptly be deleted if not pls stop slandering these fine young men and our honest boosters and coaches.

Thks.

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 11:18 AM

You missed the point. You don't bother the guy who is shelling out money for a house for a $300 power bill. It's like asking Bill Gates to buy you a happy meal after he just bought you a house.

JoseBrown
05-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Since Tunsil apparently had an agent/financial advisor till sometime in October when he double-crossed the dude with Sexton, that would make him an ineligible player. Since we lost the Egg Bowl to a team playing an ineligible player, that team can't claim victory any longer. If this doesn't formally happen when NCAA punishment is handed out I'm gonna be pissed!

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 11:21 AM
My theory.....

Not crazy.

Jack Lambert
05-11-2016, 11:22 AM
that was not a one-time payment. Plus Momma bought a ride, furniture gets bought, diamond earrings cost money, Rolex watch- money gets spent quick

So what you are saying two years after he leaves the NFL he will be broke?

JoseBrown
05-11-2016, 11:22 AM
You missed the point. You don't bother the guy who is shelling out money for a house for a $300 power bill. It's like asking Bill Gates to buy you a happy meal after he just bought you a house.

This, and I imagine the system is set-up in a way to where some people are responsible for handling certain payments, and other people are responsible for other expenses.

Tbonewannabe
05-11-2016, 11:23 AM
They still tout 3 national championships they never won, what would stop them from touting a bogus sugar bowl win?

I think in this case it would be an NCAA violation if they are told to vacate those wins. UM does what Bama does, claim fake national titles. Bama's famous 16 or so titles are half made up so it doesn't matter if the Oxford Gazette gave them a National Title. It is the same that they can claim a SEC West title but didn't get to play in the title game. It is technically true. If the NCAA says that part of their punishment is voiding games then they can't claim them because it is part of the "punishment".

Coach34
05-11-2016, 11:38 AM
screw you dude! Im not a ****ing troll! Im sorry im not like everybody else and just goes with everything thats put on this board, its a legit ****ing question

Thats such a Bafoom response. Every post you have made since joining has been contrarian. No support in game thread- no banter in any type of thread- strict contrarian. So just know- you aren't fooling anybody. If you are going to pretend to be a Dawg- you need to post in other threads too so you can blend

lastmajordog
05-11-2016, 11:39 AM
If you have any proof of violations send it to compliance@olemiss.edu so that they can promptly be deleted if not pls stop slandering these fine young men and our honest boosters and coaches.

Thks.
AWESOME...."Now THAT'S COMEDY!!!"

joedog
05-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Looking at who players eventually sign as an agent does not give a clear picture of what could be truly going on.

Just because Jesse Mitchel may have been Tunsil's "finacial advisor" or "bagman" does not mean Jesse would become his agent down the road. What if Jesse just had Tunsil in is pocket and could deliver him to an agent for a referral fee. That's how he would get his ROI. Having OM players hire just OM agents would be a dead giveaway something fishy was going on.

Invest 200k for 3 years to gain a players trust and be able to deliver him to agent "X" for a referral fee of 500k. Player gets paid while in college and the booster gets his money back plus some down the road. Works like a well oiled machine.

Unless the player is dumb enough to go against his "financial advisor" and sign with a different agent where the "financial advisor" does not get his referral fee. And player is also dumb enough to give the "financial advisor" access to incriminating video and texts that he makes public due to him losing out on his referral fee.

Coach34
05-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Looking at who players eventually sign as an agent does not give a clear picture of what could be truly going on.

Just because Jesse Mitchel may have been Tunsil's "finacial advisor" or "bagman" does not mean Jesse would become his agent down the road. What if Jesse just had Tunsil in is pocket and could deliver him to an agent for a referral fee. That's how he would get his ROI. Having OM players hire just OM agents would be a dead giveaway something fishy was going on.

Invest 200k for 3 years to gain a players trust and be able to deliver him to agent "X" for a referral fee of 500k. Player gets paid while in college and the booster gets his money back plus some down the road. Works like a well oiled machine.

Unless the player is dumb enough to go against his "financial advisor" and sign with a different agent where the "financial advisor" does not get his referral fee. And player is also dumb enough to give the "financial advisor" access to incriminating video and texts that he makes public due to him losing out on his referral fee.

exactly my man

Coach34
05-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Just paying Tunsil's family rent for 3 years is 50K. That doesn't even include utilities, direct TV, internet, and much more more. Money adds up quick

MaroonFlounder
05-11-2016, 12:13 PM
When the smoke clears on all this, it will be the most popular 30 for 30 ever. This needs to make it to the big screen to help me forget about that unm puff piece called "the Blind side". Let Laremy play himself to stick it to them further. Riley Blevins needs to play himself as well. He needs to get paid for being disgraced by a bunch of stuck-up maggots. Miller too, for being branded a woman-beater.

maroonmania
05-11-2016, 12:16 PM
I think this is probably closer to the truth than anything else I've seen. A couple of gaps, though:

Wouldn't it stand to reason that Tunsil keep his mouth shut and play ball until after the draft?

You can certainly see why Miller turned state's evidence with the NCAA - when Freeze labeled him a wife beater, he burned that bridge. Sexton stepping in ignited the fuse on draft night, and you know Freeze had to be in the middle of that, too. Talk about rookie mistakes by people supposedly experts at playing the game!

I don't know but all of these UNM under the table recruiting shenanigans have more intrigue than a Robert Ludlum novel.

Political Hack
05-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Having people involved that are greedy and looking out only for themselves is the problem. It's always the 3rd party guys that sink the ship. Not the kids. Not the families. Not the coaches. Not the boosters. It's the "advisers," former coaches, and other leaches that blackmail folks in the end. Not saying that's 100% what happened here, but I'll tell you with 100% certainty that it's happened before.

ckDOG
05-11-2016, 12:37 PM

That makes a little more sense than the way originally described. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this was occurring and not just at OM.

BulldogBacker
05-11-2016, 12:42 PM
One of the between the lines, but important quotes in Miller's Ole Miss bio is that he is also a "fund raiser." Keep that in mind. That would tend to support the notion that he is the "official" bagman connection between recruits, players, and families.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Interesting Joe.

Thanks for the info.

RougeDawg
05-11-2016, 12:59 PM

Unless the player is dumb enough to go against his "financial advisor" and sign with a different agent where the "financial advisor" does not get his referral fee. And player is also dumb enough to give the "financial advisor" access to incriminating video and texts that he makes public due to him losing out on his referral fee.And the icing on the cake is said player being dumb enough to admit to the payments on national television.

FIFY

RougeDawg
05-11-2016, 01:09 PM
What we have here stems from a deep rooted issue with the way OM and Bucky have been recruiting these high rated players. Reasons why they should not attempt to recruit the way they have been the last few years.

Tunsil never even had OM on his radar until the 11th hour. He had been a lifelong UGA fan and committed to them for a couple years (maybe not verbally) but he was dead set on playing football for Marl Richt. Then swoops in The Beav and OM wirh their money. They buy away a player who had no ties to the university or program. OM boosters believe they can buy someone's love and passion for a program. Their arrogance and delusion prevent them from seeing the "rented mule" is only loyal to you while you are paying them and until they are finished with you.

A lifelong OM fan who gets cash to play for them will rarely ever roll on them. Their arrogance and delusions of "how amazing" Oxford and UMN are, will lead to their own undoing and demise.

HSVDawg
05-11-2016, 01:30 PM

I still don't buy the motives for either party. I know you threw out that $500k number somewhat arbitrarily, but lets look at the actual numbers. Jameis Winston's rookie contract (as the #1 pick in 2015) is worth $4.6 million per year over 5 years. Agents typically get about 10%, so that's $460,000 that Winston's agent made off him in a year. Andrus Peak, as the #13 pick in 2015 (same pick as Tunsil this year), is only making about $2,000,000 per year over that same time period (so, $200,000 per year for his agent). So, you're saying an agent agreed to a finders fee amount for a client that would exceed a year's worth of income off that client in an absolute best case scenario, or possibly more than 2 years worth of income from that client in a slightly sub-optimal draft situation? There is no way any agent would agree to give up that kind of loot just on a finders fee. If there was such a fee, it would likely be in the $100k to $200k range, max.

Now lets flash forward to the booster. You're saying that the booster threw $200k at Tunsil with hopes of recouping the money down the road and then some through some type of agent agreement. You are saying the guy tied up 6 figures worth of dough in the chance that Tunsil might be a 1st round pick, he might not get hurt, might not get upset and transfer out of OM, and, above all, might use the agent that his stepdad told you he would use. All in the hopes that down the road you would get a finders fee that would probably be roughly equal or slightly less than what you put in. That's just entirely too much risk for a very small reward. Hell, even if the $500k was a realistic number, the odds of getting there are probably no better than if you just went to Tunica and put down $200k on black at the roulette table. And it doesn't take 3 years to spin that wheel, either. People that have $200,000 worth of money to just throw around are typically much smarter than that.

Let me be perfectly clear. I totally agree that some booster or collection of boosters put together a very large benefit package in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for Tunsil and his family. I just don't think that they expected anything in return for their efforts unless both the booster and the agent were extraordinarily stupid. But seeing as how much this has blown up in everyone's face, that may be the case.

Eric Nies Grind Time
05-11-2016, 01:42 PM
I still don't buy the motives for either party. I know you threw out that $500k number somewhat arbitrarily, but lets look at the actual numbers. Jameis Winston's rookie contract (as the #1 pick in 2015) is worth $4.6 million per year over 5 years. Agents typically get about 10%, so that's $460,000 that Winston's agent made off him in a year. Andrus Peak, as the #13 pick in 2015 (same pick as Tunsil this year), is only making about $2,000,000 per year over that same time period (so, $200,000 per year for his agent). So, you're saying an agent agreed to a finders fee amount for a client that would exceed a year's worth of income off that client in an absolute best case scenario, or possibly more than 2 years worth of income from that client in a slightly sub-optimal draft situation? There is no way any agent would agree to give up that kind of loot just on a finders fee. If there was such a fee, it would likely be in the $100k to $200k range, max.

Now lets flash forward to the booster. You're saying that the booster threw $200k at Tunsil with hopes of recouping the money down the road and then some through some type of agent agreement. You are saying the guy tied up 6 figures worth of dough in the chance that Tunsil might be a 1st round pick, he might not get hurt, might not get upset and transfer out of OM, and, above all, might use the agent that his stepdad told you he would use. All in the hopes that down the road you would get a finders fee that would probably be roughly equal or slightly less than what you put in. That's just entirely too much risk for a very small reward. Hell, even if the $500k was a realistic number, the odds of getting there are probably no better than if you just went to Tunica and put down $200k on black at the roulette table. And it doesn't take 3 years to spin that wheel, either. People that have $200,000 worth of money to just throw around are typically much smarter than that.

Let me be perfectly clear. I totally agree that some booster or collection of boosters put together a very large benefit package in the hundreds of thousands of dollars for Tunsil and his family. I just don't think that they expected anything in return for their efforts unless both the booster and the agent were extraordinarily stupid. But seeing as how much this has blown up in everyone's face, that may be the case.

Do agents get 10% of the signing bonus? In Winston's case that would be about 1.7 million.

joedog
05-11-2016, 02:08 PM

Yes those numbers (200k and 500k) were just pulled out of the air for examples. However, you are not counting other deals such as endorsements that the agent will be getting his commission for. There is also a signing bonus as well. My example was to show how the process works not how the math adds up. For example, a 150k house has been mentioned several times. Who actually owns the house or is it rented by the "financial advisor" for the players family. We will never know the exact dollar amounts but the process is easy to see.

Mjoelner34
05-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Over/Under on number of views this thread gets by Monday of next week? I'm guessing Over 10k.

It may get there today. it was at 750 when I got to work this morning at 7:30. That number was at 7891 when I started this post.

ScreenCaptureThis
05-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Just reread the post. Point of clarification: If the agent receives the %, would that not be all up front? So if the booster becomes the agent, that could be big $$ right away. If a "finders fee", could it not be that the individual booster makes a deal that they would get a portion of the contract on top of the agent's fee? Just a thought.

BossDawg
05-11-2016, 03:07 PM
It may get there today. it was at 750 when I got to work this morning at 7:30. That number was at 7891 when I started this post.

I wish I knew how many of those views were UM fans. You know they have to be foaming at the mouth wishing they could reply.

"Them stoopid MOO U LEGHUMPERS! Lookit what them dum trakter drivin redneks from MOO U er sayin bouts us! (Continue incoherent rant for 45 minutes)..stoopid leghumpers! But I don't care 'cause LSU is arr REAL rival!!!"

DancingRabbit
05-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Incredible. Imagine if the brain power being put into their excessive cheating, was used for the greater good.

Over/Under on number of views this thread gets by Monday of next week? I'm guessing Over 10k

Well done Coach. Thanks for unveiling more of the Reverend Beaver's sins.

With 8600+ views in less than 16 hours, I think you've under-estimated the number of lurkers.

Percho
05-11-2016, 03:42 PM
"I am not a crook!"

DancingRabbit
05-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Do agents get 10% of the signing bonus? In Winston's case that would be about 1.7 million.

I think most agent deals are 3-5% of salary. The NFL limits agent payment to 3% of salaries.

Endorsements percentages are usually 10-20%.

HSVDawg
05-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Yes those numbers (200k and 500k) were just pulled out of the air for examples. However, you are not counting other deals such as endorsements that the agent will be getting his commission for. There is also a signing bonus as well. My example was to show how the process works not how the math adds up. For example, a 150k house has been mentioned several times. Who actually owns the house or is it rented by the "financial advisor" for the players family. We will never know the exact dollar amounts but the process is easy to see.

I get what you are saying and I didn't consider the endorsements. However, I still think that whoever blew the lid on this whole thing was a spurned agent out to get Sexton. First video was released to hurt Tunsil's stock and therefore reduce Sexton's payday. Then the instagram photo of the texts was designed as a hit on Sexton's other boy Freeze. If you think about it, Sexton lost a million dollars plus underermined signing bonus money when the gas mask video leaked. Then he possibly loses $500k per year plus endorsement money if Freeze gets shitcanned. I don't think he was affiliated with Ole Miss, or he wouldn't have released the photo of the text messages.

notsofarawaydawg
05-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Be careful to those who God forbid actually ask a question about some of this.....youll get labeled as a troll by Tag (since he has no rational thoughts of his own)

If you are not a ****ing troll, then leave it alone and ignore it. Quit adding to the fuel. Just post and go on. You yourself are making you look like a troll if you keep it up.

1bigdawg
05-11-2016, 04:44 PM
It all makes sense to me. In October, after Miller blew the whistle, the "financial advisor" was ex-communicated (not the official term) from UNM athletics and from Tunsil. Now he is pissed and has NOTHING to LOSE. He cannot even go to games anymore. He is mad at Tunsil and, importantly, mad at UNM for not having his back. So he blows the whole thing up publicly at the draft.

This all gives credence to Coach 34's original post.

Central Pork
05-11-2016, 04:59 PM
If what Coach34 reports is true, it is very similar to what SMU was doing when they got the DP. They went after several players each year that were NFL ready. Enough to give them a shot at winning. They made sure they got those players with an offer they could not refuse.

But, they got caught cheating.

Ole Miss is caught.

Gutter Cobreh
05-11-2016, 05:03 PM
I don't know but all of these UNM under the table recruiting shenanigans have more intrigue than a Robert Ludlum novel.

You just described how Freezus will make a living after coaching....the book simply writes itself at this point. He would make a killing off telling this story!!!!!! Then he can get residuals from the movie.

Now that I think about it, he has as much talent developing films as Spielberg. "The Blind Side" and "The Crooked Side". He may even get Oscar nominated for the 2nd one.....

I seen it dawg
05-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Just an elitedawgs conspiracy

RocketDawg
05-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Does Oregon and Maryland use Nike and Under Armor sponsorship deals similar? If you are a high rated recruit, the coach can almost guarantee a Nike deal once your eligibility is up? I recently saw where Coach K recruits that Duke alumni will take care of you for the rest of your life. I am guessing he means job connections but who knows.

And what he's telling them is most likely true too. A Duke degree is worth a lot more than one from Ole Miss, and I suspect that, while their basketball players probably aren't the normal smart kids that the university requires, still don't represent much of an academic risk and have no trouble qualifying. I read somewhere where they have a program for basketball players where they can get a degree in 3 years (with intensive study). They know a lot of them will leave after their junior year.

ILOATHEBears
05-11-2016, 06:54 PM

And to "clean" the money trail you log the $500k down as billable hours in your firm and boom!

HawgDawg
05-11-2016, 07:36 PM
This thread changed me from lurker into poster, because I think you guys are on to something, but are missing a few points.

Here's my hypothesis:

Let's just assume for the moment that the "Network" operates by finding booster "sponsors" for elite recruits. Obviously, what the sponsors are willing to put out depends upon the talent of the individual recruit and how badly UNM needs them. The biggest fish require the best bait. So, you have at least three huge fish in the 2013 class. These big time boosters are on the hook for a lot here. Just imagine for a minute that two of them might be in a financial position where supporting these high-priced five stars is comfortable and one is maybe reaching a little bit beyond what's comfortable because he's been an UNM football fan all his life and he thinks this new plan is a good one and possibly the best chance he'll ever have at seeing his old school compete for a natty.

Besides, he has a plan that just might make this all work. (I think for this to make the most sense, we have to assume that the "agent" plan isn't a built-in feature of 'The Network', but rather one rogue, dipshit booster's brainchild). For the sake of clarity, let's refer to dipshit Booster as 'Booster X'. Maybe Booster X is a former player who thinks he'd make a great sports agent, maybe he's just a good-ole boy businessman with connections to upstart sports agents willing to pay a larger-than-average finders in return for a desperately needed, make-or-break big name client. In any event, Booster X has been watching football all his life and realizes that LT is the closest thing to a sure bet he's ever seen, so he signs on to sponsor him, but doesn't inform the rest of the network (or Freeze) about his intentions. Perhaps he fears that Freeze and co. will see his investment plan as too great a risk for the program and might try to shut down his good thing, perhaps he's just a gentlemanly good ole boy who doesn't discuss the unpleasantries of how one makes one's money, perhaps he's afraid that other boosters finding out about his brilliant scheme might make it harder for him to pluck the sure bets for himself in the future. Anyway, he doesn't let everyone else know what's going on. Besides, this is a deal between him and stepfather, right? The fewer people in on the deal, the easier everything works, the greater the deniability.

So, Booster X pays rent on a big home, leases on the family's cars, he gets them the phones and perks that they need, little by little, never in a giant lump sum. That protects him against greater loss in case of an injury or an unforeseeable (and unimaginable) bust. But this guy keeps things up to date. LT gets the rides he wants, everything paid for. When a new Phone comes out, he just takes his old one to Booster X and they swap the sim card into the new one right there.

LT joins up and becomes the big deal that Booster X always knew he would be. His satisfaction in his own brilliance and anticipation of his coming payday grow by the hour. But, the spotlight and all of the talk about "#1 draft pick" creates complications in the plan.

Maybe Freeze, without knowing about Booster X's arrangement, and wanting to ensure that his top recruits make the biggest splash in the NFL draft, thus bringing the biggest media return to his developing program, starts putting ideas in LT's head about Jimmy Sexton. He's the best sports agent in the business. He'll make sure you wind up where you need to be and you get the best deal you can possibly get out of it. LT tells whoever - Freeze, network intermediary - well, yeah, that sounds great but I'm supposed to sign with Agent Y. This is when the Network finds out about Booster X's plan, and they go crazy. Perhaps they underestimate how much Booster X really needs/has anticipated this payday and say "Look, I hate to bust your bubble, but you can't do this." Either a) having an agent that's a former UNM player just smacks of impropriety and we've already got the NCAA breathing down our necks or b) involving uncontrollable outside agents in the Network is just asking for disaster. Also, this plan isn't in the best interest of either the player or the program at large.

Fortunately, they carefully designed their system so that nobody was really supposed to have any incriminating evidence, so Booster X is frozen out of the program for his dumb idea and LT goes with Jimmy Sexton. Booster X is furious, but there's not a lot he can do about it (yet...). The Network thinks it's dodged a bullet by handling this so cleanly.

However, the timing of this situation is a bit awkward for the Network. All of the big time 'sponsors' are tied up at the moment, working on the 2016 class, and now LT is left without anyone to pay for all of the stuff that Booster X was covering. But, they'll manage to work something out and the important thing is that the Network is protected.

I firmly believe that the texts released on Instagram were from the awkward period of transition after Booster X was cut loose. They're trying to clean up a messy situation and could only come up with a really awkward, dangerous (but hopefully very temporary) 'quick fix'.

So LT has to cut back. Where before everything was all expenses paid, now he's having to have people scrape up the rent payments and enough to cover mama's light bill. Maybe after a couple of months the squeeze finally gets to stepdad and he decides to have it out with LT for fouling up his sweet deal that he had with Booster X.

What the Network & co. didn't realize is that LT was such a dummy that he didn't wipe his phone before he traded it into Booster X for a new one, and that an old device with passwords to access the cloud was making the frozen-out Booster X privy to all that awkward shit that LT was discussing through that very same cloud on his new device.

Game. Set. Match.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2016, 08:32 PM
And to "clean" the money trail you log the $500k down as billable hours in your firm and boom!

Ill say again. There had to be some money laundering going on. You don't move that much under the table money in plain sight.

ILOATHEBears
05-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Just remember, former OM guy that was at under armour now works for sexton.

Gutter Cobreh
05-11-2016, 08:58 PM
HawgDawg - nice spin on the hypothesis, but it doesn't follow logic. With the news Freeze doesn't want to testify under oath, then why would he have any reason to hide? This wasn't some rogue booster thinking he's hit the jackpot. This was a well-oiled, thought out plan that would have kept working had they not gotten sloppy and if Tunsil wasn't so mentally challenged.

NO ONE could have scripted how Draft Night was going to go down. The timing and pieces clicked in a way that it has painted the OM faithful into a corner that even the football brass can't talk their way out of. You want to know why - Tunsil told the truth that night and they're going to get absolutely hammered.

Gundawg
05-11-2016, 09:01 PM
From one lurker to another... Read less and post more. Interesting theory.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
05-11-2016, 09:03 PM
There is a ton of OM boosters that would do this even with a guarantee of NO RETURN just for the self satisfaction of helping the cause and having a winning program. The main reason OM fans get so wound up over recruiting, seemingly even moreso than actual football games, is that a lot of them apparently have a direct hand in the success of that aspect of the program. So while their fans can't get directly involved in the coaching aspect they apparently regularly get directly involved .
So basically, the average Ole Miss booster is the middle-aged dude in a bar with the semi-hot wife he knows he can't satisfy yet doesn't mind buying drinks for guys hoping one will come home with them to do what he can't do while he watches?

Gundawg
05-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Because the coaches were theoretically left to cobble together the funds during the transition. Hence the texts messages asking for utility money. I like the theory.

HawgDawg
05-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Because the coaches were theoretically left to cobble together the funds during the transition. Hence the texts messages asking for utility money. I like the theory.

Exactly, and thanks Gundawg.

Gutter Cobreh,

I agree that UNM is running a corrupt program and that most of the coaches likely know how it works. But, I also think that in order to get a system like this running in a large-scale, operational capacity, it would need to have some built in deniability (optimally). That kind of deniability doesn't usually include someone in the Athletic department covering rent and light bills. That's just messy, and the kind of thing that's bound to get somebody caught. What we do know from the Instagram messages is that on Feb 14. 2015, Tunsil apparently reached out to John Miller for help paying rent and that he contacted him again on April 7th for help with mom's light bill.

You would think, if a system had been in place and running since Tunsil arrived on campus in 2013, they'd have it running smoothly enough that LT wouldn't have to text his coach out of the blue to ask for rent. What's more, Miller's response to the second request suggests someone who's kinda new at handling this and is a little stressed about these new developments. "I thought we'd all agreed on an amount." "I have no way of handling these surprise amounts." We also know that on June 26th, 2015, Tunsil and Stepdad got in a fight.

It seems to me that the tweets make sense if Tunsil is used to having his rent taken care of, and just doesn't know who else to reach out to in Feb. when he's needing the money. I assume that Miller, Barney, et. al worked something out. We know that someone has manage the Network, and losing a big time backer and source of funds for a major player is bound to leave someone scrambling. Maybe they had everyone pitch in a little and make up the difference by committee - you pay this this month, I'll get that the other month, etc. But if you have a number of people taking up responsibilities that they aren't used to, and no dedicated point man for such things as there used to be, it's inevitable that somebody's going to drop a ball at some point and leave LT in the awkward position of having to go back to coach to get help on a $305 dollar light bill.

This theory explains the awkwardness of all of that.

It also explains how LT would have 'accidentally' let out a phone with such incriminating messages on it - he simply didn't realize that an old device logged into his cloud/account could see everything that was currently being done on that account via a new device. It also explains why said financial advisor didn't use that incriminating information as leverage to keep Tunsil from switching agents - he didn't have it at the time. It was only later that Tunsil unwittingly gave him the noose to hang them with.

As far as Freeze not wanting to testify, the motive is simple. After "successfully" freezing out a former booster who "had nothing", they thought they were in the clear.

Until the very public fight between LT and step-dad. Let's assume that the fight was over LT screwing up the deal with Booster X. Maybe stepdad doesn't like having to deal with having less money all of a sudden, maybe Booster X is in his ear, telling stepdad that he'll get a commission if he can get Laremy to come back. Whatever. The fight is about, in some way or other, impermissable benefits and Freeze and Co. need a cover story for the press and the NCAA. So, Laremy and Freeze settle on throwing stepdad under the bus, because, from their perspective, it diminished the credibility of the most powerful ally of former Booster X in the Tunsil household and strengthened their position. Stepdad might be able to lead the NCAA to some loaner cars and small stuff, but he didn't have access to anything that might bring about a storm they couldn't weather. Best to cut ties and move on with life.

So Freeze goes to the public and the NCAA with the "protecting mama" story and claims he and his staff have no knowledge of anything to do with the loaner cars or this or that. Who knows what he told them.

It seems to work...until draft night, when Booster X exacts his revenge.

Now lets assume that Lindsay Miller has basically spilled the beans (aka the story as laid out in my theory) to both the NCAA and his lawyers. If these leaked text messages strongly corroborate Miller's story and flatly contradict something in Freeze's official account to the NCAA, there's no wonder he doesn't want to testify. If forced give testimony under oath and penalty of perjury, and having to do so without knowing what evidence exists to further support Miller's side of the story, he takes the risk of either fabricating information that the Miller's team can possibly disprove, or give testimony that would prove that he willfully misled the NCAA. Either way, he would be finished.

MaroonState
05-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Post more read less HawgDawg. And if we ever set up a network, I nominate you to build it.

RougeDawg
05-12-2016, 12:25 AM
This thread changed me from lurker into poster, because I think you guys are on to something, but are missing a few points.

Here's my hypothesis:

Let's just assume for the moment that the "Network" operates by finding booster "sponsors" for elite recruits. Obviously, what the sponsors are willing to put out depends upon the talent of the individual recruit and how badly UNM needs them. The biggest fish require the best bait. So, you have at least three huge fish in the 2013 class. These big time boosters are on the hook for a lot here. Just imagine for a minute that two of them might be in a financial position where supporting these high-priced five stars is comfortable and one is maybe reaching a little bit beyond what's comfortable because he's been an UNM football fan all his life and he thinks this new plan is a good one and possibly the best chance he'll ever have at seeing his old school compete for a natty.

Besides, he has a plan that just might make this all work. (I think for this to make the most sense, we have to assume that the "agent" plan isn't a built-in feature of 'The Network', but rather one rogue, dipshit booster's brainchild). For the sake of clarity, let's refer to dipshit Booster as 'Booster X'. Maybe Booster X is a former player who thinks he'd make a great sports agent, maybe he's just a good-ole boy businessman with connections to upstart sports agents willing to pay a larger-than-average finders in return for a desperately needed, make-or-break big name client. In any event, Booster X has been watching football all his life and realizes that LT is the closest thing to a sure bet he's ever seen, so he signs on to sponsor him, but doesn't inform the rest of the network (or Freeze) about his intentions. Perhaps he fears that Freeze and co. will see his investment plan as too great a risk for the program and might try to shut down his good thing, perhaps he's just a gentlemanly good ole boy who doesn't discuss the unpleasantries of how one makes one's money, perhaps he's afraid that other boosters finding out about his brilliant scheme might make it harder for him to pluck the sure bets for himself in the future. Anyway, he doesn't let everyone else know what's going on. Besides, this is a deal between him and stepfather, right? The fewer people in on the deal, the easier everything works, the greater the deniability.

So, Booster X pays rent on a big home, leases on the family's cars, he gets them the phones and perks that they need, little by little, never in a giant lump sum. That protects him against greater loss in case of an injury or an unforeseeable (and unimaginable) bust. But this guy keeps things up to date. LT gets the rides he wants, everything paid for. When a new Phone comes out, he just takes his old one to Booster X and they swap the sim card into the new one right there.

LT joins up and becomes the big deal that Booster X always knew he would be. His satisfaction in his own brilliance and anticipation of his coming payday grow by the hour. But, the spotlight and all of the talk about "#1 draft pick" creates complications in the plan.

Maybe Freeze, without knowing about Booster X's arrangement, and wanting to ensure that his top recruits make the biggest splash in the NFL draft, thus bringing the biggest media return to his developing program, starts putting ideas in LT's head about Jimmy Sexton. He's the best sports agent in the business. He'll make sure you wind up where you need to be and you get the best deal you can possibly get out of it. LT tells whoever - Freeze, network intermediary - well, yeah, that sounds great but I'm supposed to sign with Agent Y. This is when the Network finds out about Booster X's plan, and they go crazy. Perhaps they underestimate how much Booster X really needs/has anticipated this payday and say "Look, I hate to bust your bubble, but you can't do this." Either a) having an agent that's a former UNM player just smacks of impropriety and we've already got the NCAA breathing down our necks or b) involving uncontrollable outside agents in the Network is just asking for disaster. Also, this plan isn't in the best interest of either the player or the program at large.

Fortunately, they carefully designed their system so that nobody was really supposed to have any incriminating evidence, so Booster X is frozen out of the program for his dumb idea and LT goes with Jimmy Sexton. Booster X is furious, but there's not a lot he can do about it (yet...). The Network thinks it's dodged a bullet by handling this so cleanly.

However, the timing of this situation is a bit awkward for the Network. All of the big time 'sponsors' are tied up at the moment, working on the 2016 class, and now LT is left without anyone to pay for all of the stuff that Booster X was covering. But, they'll manage to work something out and the important thing is that the Network is protected.

I firmly believe that the texts released on Instagram were from the awkward period of transition after Booster X was cut loose. They're trying to clean up a messy situation and could only come up with a really awkward, dangerous (but hopefully very temporary) 'quick fix'.

So LT has to cut back. Where before everything was all expenses paid, now he's having to have people scrape up the rent payments and enough to cover mama's light bill. Maybe after a couple of months the squeeze finally gets to stepdad and he decides to have it out with LT for fouling up his sweet deal that he had with Booster X.

What the Network & co. didn't realize is that LT was such a dummy that he didn't wipe his phone before he traded it into Booster X for a new one, and that an old device with passwords to access the cloud was making the frozen-out Booster X privy to all that awkward shit that LT was discussing through that very same cloud on his new device.

Game. Set. Match.

Hold up one mothe f*cking GD minute. Beside the short story you so eloquently pecked out on your Microsoft Surface Pro, you have some explaining to do before you are outed as a bearshart troll.

You wrote that Dipshit X went out on his own, as you suggest others do, to bring in these highly touted players, WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF THE LORD AND SAVIOR BUCKY CHRIST?!?!

Bucky was involved with the crooked Coach O dealings going all the way back to Derek Pegues. He promotes your so called "investment plans" and would never dissolve such dealings.

Elite Enforcer I believe this "long time lurker" is just that and has outed himself because he didn't cover all tracks. Nice try, but your law jargon attempt to cloak your agenda, doesn't slip past this ole boy. I have an efficient bullsh*t meter and it almost melted when I read your post. I called Bucky a beaver from day one and am calling you for the bearshart you are.

Those who have questions, please read his post again.

CadaverDawg
05-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Over 12,000 views already. Damn

Gundawg
05-12-2016, 06:06 AM
Holy frijoles man. I'm a state grad. 1995. Have enforcer look all he wants. Hawgdawg's point is that in this theory Bucky May not have known about the arrangement that Booster X had with an outside entity to steer LT to them. It is a theory. Freeze gets involved unwittingly or his arrogance takes over and he purposely screws Booster X to help out Tunsil but more likely to strengthen his personal relationship with Sexton. At no point does this theory as it has been presented vindicate Freeze in any fashion. As a matter of fact it ensures a show cause for Freeze and likely the entire staff.

We all bitch that the NCAA does not have subpoena powers but to offset this, they have a very powerful weapon if the are prepared to use it... They have a much lower standard of proof than criminal prosecutors. From what I have read, they work much like a federal administrative misconduct case. And it gets even better for the NCAA. They do not have to prove why someone did something. Motive is not a factor. Hence things like a set of tires being used to put a school on probation. They only have to convince an infractions committee on whether the preponderance of the evidence substantiates the infraction occurred. Remember, any action they take will likely cost their members millions of dollars. My point there is that there actions have substantial implications.

If UM has such a system in place and the wheels on the bus fell off because of actions within the network, Freeze would have to know. Which is why he wants nothing to do with this deposition. If it takes place, and he tells the truth, and a fraction of this speculation is accurate, he and the UM athletic department are done. If the other coaches are deposed, UM can not control the message and people are likely done.

Maybe Hawgdawg's is a troll but man people love to throw that around quickly.

Enforcer- PM me if you want to... I'll send you a picture of my diploma next to my cowbell.

Gutter Cobreh
05-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Hawgdawg,

For your theory to be remotely true, then Miller would have responded in a different manner when Tunsil texted him. The reason he didn't was because he felt like whatever device and whatever system they had going was bulletproof.

I think your giving Tunsil too much credit here. The guy is a freak of an athlete, no doubt, but he has no loyalty to Ole Miss. If he did, then why wouldn't he have recanted his statement the following day instead of repeating over and over "I'm looking forward to being a Dolphin". His main objective was to get drafted as high as possible and he got hit with a question in the press conference when everything was going down where he couldn't tell a lie. He didn't know what else the hacker could release, so at that point it is better to be honest and start removing yourself from the situation.

The Network got caught with their pants down on what should have been their greatest night (having 3 players go in the 1st round). Everyone around Tunsil that night should have told him to shut down his social media pages as soon as the video was released. Hell for all we know, Tunsil had his buddy in the green room post the text conversation to instagram to "flip the bird" back at the situation and Network that just resulted in him dropping like a rock.

There is NO WAY Freezus or Bdork aren't complicit in the recruiting scheme. Absolutely, no way!!!

JoseBrown
05-12-2016, 09:00 AM
There is no way, absolutely zero percentage that Freeze didn't know that LT was being recruited by 'The Network' with whatever enticements were thought of, in mind, planned on or given to the player and/or his family. He is the one that wanted To recruit LT, and allow 'booster X' or 'bagman' or 'handler' or 'bundler' or whatever he's to be referred to to begin the process...and I'm a simple nobody....but for all variations and theories or any of them to work Freeze at the least has to point someone in LT's direction.

Boodawg
05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Several posts too long to read in this thread...

Central Pork
05-12-2016, 10:48 AM
There is no way, absolutely zero percentage that Freeze didn't know that LT was being recruited by 'The Network' with whatever enticements were thought of, in mind, planned on or given to the player and/or his family. He is the one that wanted To recruit LT, and allow 'booster X' or 'bagman' or 'handler' or 'bundler' or whatever he's to be referred to to begin the process...and I'm a simple nobody....but for all variations and theories or any of them to work Freeze at the least has to point someone in LT's direction.

Good post. It sorta looks like Ole Miss is trying to use the "he didn't know" tactic that Auburn used with Cam and Cecil. That sucked, but this is different. Cam and Cecil were World Class Liars. Bucky is an amateur.

Westdawg
02-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Bump - I found this and about to find the other. Because, THIS IS "IT" !!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Bump - I found this and about to find the other. Because, THIS IS "IT" !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8SSdyflGN4

t45fixer
02-24-2017, 09:21 AM
This is how they got B. Jones. Clark oil has had him on the payroll since high school. Never worked a day for them his whole life. He's too fxxking lazy to work, however picked up that paycheck every Friday after school.

I seen it dawg
07-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Thought a bump was appropriate....

Ari Gold
07-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Thought a bump was appropriate....

If there is Hump Wednesday .
This should be Bump Friday.. and there will be a lot of them

lamont
07-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Bump

I seen it dawg