05-10-2016, 08:29 PM
Jacksonville upsets #5 Florida State- 6-2

#6 Louisville defeats #11 Vandy- 8-5

#19 Georgia Tech defeats Savannah State- 21-3

Portland upsets #24 Oregon State- 7-5

Others postponed due to bad weather.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Texas Tech, who is widely considered the main team to get a National Seed outside the SEC and ACC, is in a battle with Abilene Christian. Going to the top of the 8th tied 2-2. A win by Abilene would greatly hinder their chances as Abilene has an RPI of 216. Go Wildcat's!

State82
05-10-2016, 09:31 PM
And just like that, TT drops 5 on AC to go up 7-2 in 9th. Dang, woulda been sweet for that one to go our way.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-10-2016, 09:47 PM
And just like that, TT drops 5 on AC to go up 7-2 in 9th. Dang, woulda been sweet for that one to go our way.

Ha. I knew I'd jinx it. Should have kept my mouth shut.

Todd4State
05-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Not a good night for us. Vandy beating Louisville would have helped the SEC. Kentucky lost to Indiana. LSU needs to sweep Notre Dame on the road tomorrow.

Also of note- Auburn beat Troy and Troy had to use three pitchers. They are throwing a RHP with an ERA of 2.72 at us.

djaymsu5
05-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Not a good night for us. Vandy beating Louisville would have helped the SEC. Kentucky lost to Indiana. LSU needs to sweep Notre Dame on the road tomorrow.

Also of note- Auburn beat Troy and Troy had to use three pitchers. They are throwing a RHP with an ERA of 2.72 at us.

Well that's good news! Still think it's weird we are going on the road to play them

State82
05-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Well that's good news! Still think it's weird we are going on the road to play them

It's actually a really good setup. Not far from AU so we just stop by on the way to the Plains. They are well within the Top 100 and its on the road. We just HAVE to win.

djaymsu5
05-11-2016, 08:30 AM
It's actually a really good setup. Not far from AU so we just stop by on the way to the Plains. They are well within the Top 100 and its on the road. We just HAVE to win.

Yea I'm just really worried about that game!

State82
05-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Yea I'm just really worried about that game!

Out of these final seven regular season games this one tonight is the best one from an RPI standpoint. I worry about all seven because of our thin margin for error. Win all of them and we are a high national seed. Win six we should still be ok. Win five and we are flirting with it dangerously.

Edited to add: RPI down to 13 today

djaymsu5
05-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Out of these final seven regular season games this one tonight is the best one from an RPI standpoint. I worry about all seven because of our thin margin for error. Win all of them and we are a high national seed. Win six we should still be ok. Win five and we are flirting with it dangerously.

Edited to add: RPI down to 13 today

Yea I'm worried myself on all of them. We need to finish 7-0 on the regular season. Auburn can hit but their fielding is atrocious and their pitching is nothing spectacular, Arkansas is better in my opinion but they seem to choke. They were up 9-1 on LSU the other day in Baton Rouge and shit the bed to lose that game 10-9. It's going to be a grind but this team needs to finish. We need to finish at the very least 6-1. This is the time of the year when you want to be hot as a team. This will determine if we have home field advantage going to Omaha or not.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2016, 11:36 AM
We finish 5-2 or better we're a national seed.

djaymsu5
05-11-2016, 11:39 AM
We finish 5-2 or better we're a national seed.

We should be. Just don't know if the voters will agree. They should but win and eliminate all doubts

Ifyouonlyknew
05-11-2016, 11:41 AM
We should be. Just don't know if the voters will agree. They should but win and eliminate all doubts

A year long top 3 team with our resume will be a national seed. Rpi in the top 16 or not.

djaymsu5
05-11-2016, 11:47 AM
A year long top 3 team with our resume will be a national seed. Rpi in the top 16 or not.

Would be nice to get to 40 regular season wins. Wouldn't you agree? Especially after the year we had last year. We don't HAVE to finish 7-0 but we need to.