PDA

View Full Version : SOFTBALL - SECT thread - Calling all Bulldogs

BulldogBear
05-10-2016, 03:21 PM
We play tomorrow night at 6:30pm (ish) and I would like to ask anybody that can reasonable be there to come out. Tickets will be $7 per session for GA. The reason ask this (beyond the obvious) is that this could be the very last game of the season and our opponent (Alabama) is just down the road and averaging over 3,000 per game in attendance. It would really suck for the Gumps to come over and take over our new stadium.

IF WE CAN AT ALL, LET'S SHOW AND HELP OUR GIRLS PLAY THIS LIKE A HOME GAME, NOT A ROAD OR NEUTRAL GAME.

Thanks

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Gameday bump

TheRef
05-11-2016, 08:29 AM
I'll be there working the SEC Network setup in the outfield.

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 09:22 AM
I'll be there working the SEC Network setup in the outfield.

It was cloudy the whole way up but I only caught one small drizzle. Scooba said should be clear today. Anything changed?

Tbonewannabe
05-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Good luck Bulldogs. Pulling for the upset from Atlanta.

mparkerfd20
05-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Fully expect to be done after today, but good luck girls. Prove me wrong.

ScoobaDawg
05-11-2016, 11:29 AM
It was cloudy the whole way up but I only caught one small drizzle. Scooba said should be clear today. Anything changed?

From the trusty wunderground... partly cloudy all day. Chance of thunderstorm at 11pm. Should be a pretty day with temps climbing to mid 80s

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 01:31 PM
One game down. Trailing 4-0 to Mizzou in T7, USCe scores 4 runs to stay alive, then 3 more in T8 to win it! Exciting finish. I wish I felt we were capable of such a feat against an SEC team. Seems like we're trying to win all our games 1-0 and 2-1 and the like. We gotta bring in more hitters. If you can hit you have a puncher's chance against anybody.

And I'm already out of Powerade.

TheRef
05-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Forecast is good for today's slate of games. Tomorrow is where we get testy on the forecast. Rain chances vary throughout the day tomorrow so pitching will have to be amazing tomorrow in inclimate weather.

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 01:58 PM
I have to say that this is a great venue and combined with the tennis courts this is a heckuva facility!

They have already run out if hot dogs after one game though. L.O.L.

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Another good finish. Down 4-2 in B7, LSU scores 3 to win 5-4.

ScoobaDawg
05-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I have to say that this is a great venue and combined with the tennis courts this is a heckuva facility!

They have already run out if hot dogs after one game though. L.O.L.

Damnit Scott... didn't learn your lesson... not the first time that happened...

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Ole Miss just beat UGA 4-2. Bulldog defense was a crap show...pure keystone cops.

In other news I'm just about out of battery power so won't be giving updates till I get plugged in after game.... well, may one or two.

Portents of DOOM for Tide: all higher seeds have gone down today. Sic' em Dawgs!

mparkerfd20
05-11-2016, 08:06 PM
2-0 Dogs heading to bottom of the 1st on a MacKenzie Toler HR to CF. Only her 2nd of the Year.

mparkerfd20
05-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Bama answers with a 3R shot after a walk and error by Silkwood. Still no outs

mparkerfd20
05-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm done. Not going to give updates for this shitshow. Walks, errors, 5-2 now Bama. Still in 1st

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:00 PM
5-4 btm 3 now.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:03 PM
And since I flipped to the game we've dropped a pop up and had a passed ball.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:04 PM
And add a misplayed ground ball. Bama had first and third with one out.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Holy shit. Now we dropped a pop up. At least we get a force at second. Do we practice fielding?

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:06 PM
6-4 now after rbi double.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:08 PM
BB to load the bases.

starkvegasdawg
05-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Get out of it without further damage.

mparkerfd20
05-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Game over. 2B lost game for us with 3 errors

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 11:18 PM

Errors killed us. Defensive breakdowns are what have been sinking us all year, but the real problem is hitting. Tonight was great though. We killed ourselves in the 3rd or 5th with comedic infield play. We would've gotten out without them scoring. Once again we made a couple baserunning mistakes that ultimately cost us two runs.

But in spite of all of the above, they played hard and we actually got hosed by the officiating crew. We had two innings killed by our safe runner being called out and Alabama scored 2, maybe 3, in B1 that were after an out at 1B should've ended it. Our pitchers were also not given anything close to the room Tide pitchers were given. They gave Silkwood nothing in the first and she had to be pulled.

BulldogBear
05-11-2016, 11:19 PM

1B screwed up a bunt and missed a routine infield fly....didn't even get the glove on it. The ones by the 2B were at least just not fielded cleanly.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 01:30 PM
Day 2, Game 1 (5)

Tennessee defeats USCe 5-1, no come back today

In other news....

"The weather outside today is hot and shitty with continued hot and shitty for this afternoon..."

Thank you Walter Cronkite, but I will say you can feel the breeze a lot more today!

Thanks to all those that gave me suggestions and the like for places to grab grub on this week of only eating at places I haven't been to. I already got to pull a bonus one more than planned. As we are out of the SECT now, I'm probably going to start a second thread for food since I'm sure SECT interest is not as high with no Dawgs involved.

Tbonewannabe
05-12-2016, 02:34 PM
What do you think about the team next year? Do we have a lot coming back or are we going to suffer through another year of single digit SEC wins? I actually stayed up and watched the game last night, it sucks that we were so close but lost it. I watch very little softball but is a .300 hitter tough to come by? We more people closer to the Mendoza line than .300. Do we have any impact freshmen coming in next year?

Sorry to pelt you with questions but you seem like the resident expert on our team.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 04:42 PM
What do you think about the team next year? Do we have a lot coming back or are we going to suffer through another year of single digit SEC wins? I actually stayed up and watched the game last night, it sucks that we were so close but lost it. I watch very little softball but is a .300 hitter tough to come by? We more people closer to the Mendoza line than .300. Do we have any impact freshmen coming in next year?

Sorry to pelt you with questions but you seem like the resident expert on our team.

Kentucky just lost to LSU 3-1and will face Tennessee tomorrow in the semis. My spot is shady now.

All right Tbone, no a .300 hitter is not some rarity. I don't know who we're recruiting but right now I don't care as long as she can hit. It seems in softball that it is better to err on the side if offense. If you can score you have a puncher's chance against anybody. I would be looking at the top 100 or so hitters (prospects) in the nation and doing whatever it takes (disclaimer: I don't mean that in the way an Ole Miss fan would be thinking) to get any 3 if them to sign with MSU, regardless of what position they play. I don't care if they're all catchers. We've suffered badly from some defensive breakdowns but THAT is not what is crippling us. It's lack of offense. Most teams give up some runs on defensive errors. Last night we had five. Our problem is we don't have the offense to punch back. Good teams do. Now, as to returning folks. Yes, we return a lot...all but two. We only graduate two seniors and one of them was very much a contributor but did not start more than much more than 30 games. We are young. We have good arms up and coming I believe. I think we will be better next year but double digit wins....we'll see. 8-9 would be good for us right now! We did play the toughest SEC schedule. It has to get easier next year.

BulldogBear
05-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Ole Miss-Florida is about to resume. Apparently the Auburn-Alabama game is postponed until 11:00am tomorrow.

They're 17ing with my lunch plans!

BulldogBear
05-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Final: Florida 1, UMISS 0

Goin' to bed...

BulldogBear
05-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Auburn defeats Bama 6-4 and will play Florida after the LSU-Tennessee game.

BulldogBear
05-13-2016, 04:47 PM
LSU beats Tennessee 3-1 to advance to tomorrow's championship game against the winner of the upcoming Florida-Auburn game.

So, I have to listen to these insufferable Corndogs for another day. They're just as bad as the baseball fans.

BulldogBear
05-13-2016, 07:52 PM
Auburn wins a good one, 2-1, and will play LSU tomorrow for the championship. Now on to some food.

BulldogBear
05-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Auburn wins the championship game 7-1