PDA

View Full Version : OT: Weather Guys

MSUDawg13
05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
I noticed that TVNweather shut down their storm chasing live streams. Anyone with some inside info know why? I used both their website and app on the reg to follow storms in our area. It was a great resource for those of us who are interested in weather but don't obtain the knowledge or guts to get out and chase these storms. Are there any other websites to follow live streams?

Mods, feel free to move this to OT Discussion if needed.

starkvegasdawg
05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
I think he's going to have them back but he's aligned with a company called weather aware. There are independent chasers that stream live and Brett Adaire with live storm media is going to be launching a streaming similar to tvn sooner rather than later I'm willing to bet.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-09-2016, 08:13 PM
http://www.severestudios.com/livechase/

TheRef
05-09-2016, 08:57 PM
I noticed that TVNweather shut down their storm chasing live streams. Anyone with some inside info know why? I used both their website and app on the reg to follow storms in our area. It was a great resource for those of us who are interested in weather but don't obtain the knowledge or guts to get out and chase these storms. Are there any other websites to follow live streams?

Mods, feel free to move this to OT Discussion if needed.

They also weren't making enough money to sustain the site. Their official statement said something to the effect of "We weren't able to provide the quality that we expected during the years that TVN was live. Therefore, we have decided to no longer offer streaming of TVN, and to shut down the site. We apologize for any inconvenience."

biscuit
05-10-2016, 12:42 PM
Memphis area "weathermen", How is the rest of this week looking? Got a big party to throw on the river

BulldogBear
05-10-2016, 03:23 PM
I think he's going to have them back but he's aligned with a company called weather aware. There are independent chasers that stream live and Brett Adaire with live storm media is going to be launching a streaming similar to tvn sooner rather than later I'm willing to bet.

They also weren't making enough money to sustain the site. Their official statement said something to the effect of "We weren't able to provide the quality that we expected during the years that TVN was live. Therefore, we have decided to no longer offer streaming of TVN, and to shut down the site. We apologize for any inconvenience."

vegas and Ref (and others), I just put up a thread for the SECT (Softball) in Starkville this week. I will be attending all 11 games. Can somebody do the weather for the SECT?

ScoobaDawg
05-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I'll let Ref give details but wunderground shows every day clear except Thursday which has a chance of rain from 8am -10pm as of now.