PDA

View Full Version : The Saints cut.....

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Vic Ballard.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Vic Ballard.

I had hopes for Vic, but got nervous for him when the Saints drafted an RB late in the draft.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Hate to be the one to say it, but Vic is done. Too many knee injuries.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 09:37 PM

Whats the average time in the NFL for a running back and did he beat the average?

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Whats the average time in the NFL for a running back and did he beat the average?

I can't remember exactly, but I know that it's easily the shortest of any position. I think the average NFL career is just three years. Doubt Vic beat the average.

BeardoMSU
05-09-2016, 09:57 PM
I can't remember exactly, but I know that it's easily the shortest of any position. I think the average NFL career is just three years. Doubt Vic beat the average.
He's a sharp dude, so I can definitely see Vick get into coaching if indeed his playing career is over.

Speaking of RB lifetime, of all the guys out there, Boobie is still going strong. The lack of reps running the ball I think will allow him to have a long career playing special teams, and being a locker room guy and fan fav.

deltadawg99
05-09-2016, 10:00 PM
I'd love for Vic to come back and join the staff in some capacity if he is indeed done. He was dealt a bad hand with injuries in the pros.

Has Bobbie or Jrob been picked up by anybody?

BeardoMSU
05-09-2016, 10:03 PM
I'd love for Vic to come back and join the staff in some capacity if he is indeed done. He was dealt a bad hand with injuries in the pros.

I believe AD is with Miama. Not sure about Jrob.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Jrob and dixon are my favorite all time. I see Dixon in the air port a bunch when I am traveling and he always speaks when you talk to him. Good guy.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2016, 11:15 PM

I'm guessing Vic would be a HUGE upgrade over Knox. Would kill to get him, Rod Gibson, or Zo Miller on staff.

Dawgfan77
05-10-2016, 05:35 AM
I'm guessing Vic would be a HUGE upgrade over Knox. Would kill to get him, Rod Gibson, or Zo Miller on staff.

Gibson is on staff

Reason2succeed
05-10-2016, 06:11 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Knox. He has a lot of experience and has done some great things with RBs. Last year was an aberration.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2016, 08:11 AM

I think he blew out his ACL and then his Achilles ruptured in practice when he came back from the knee. He is such a hard worker and great guy the Colts just put him on IR instead of cutting him. They didn't cut him until after the season I think.

thf24
05-10-2016, 08:22 AM
I think he blew out his ACL and then his Achilles ruptured in practice when he came back from the knee. He is such a hard worker and great guy the Colts just put him on IR instead of cutting him. They didn't cut him until after the season I think.

The ACL isn't a big deal these days other than the time out, but that Achilles seems like a sure career ender. It's gotten Vick, and neither Whitley, Hughes, nor Market should have been playing in the SEC after returning from it.

BiscuitEater
05-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Achilles seems like a sure career ender. It's gotten Vick, and neither Whitley, Hughes, nor Market should have been playing in the SEC after returning from it.

Agree that none were the same after the injury BUT we don't win the 2013 Egg Bowl without Whitley in the game. Fact.

Dawg61
05-10-2016, 09:42 AM

This is the start of his 4th year so I believe he did beat it.

War Machine Dawg
05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Gibson is on staff

He's not on the field. That's where he'd be most useful.

somebodyshotmypaw
05-10-2016, 09:51 PM
The ACL isn't a big deal these days other than the time out, but that Achilles seems like a sure career ender.

I agree. I tore my Achilles and it ended my NFL aspirations.