PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

Dawgfan77
05-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Let discuss a little QB. What's the story in his leadership skills. Talent is talent but what separates the true great ones is that leadership abilities.

BrunswickDawg
05-09-2016, 08:19 AM
During Fitz Sr year in HS school, the local sports talk radio station did their show from a tailgate at the Richmond Hill v. Glynn Academy game here in Brunswick and they interviewed his coach, Lyman Guy. Coach Guy sounded just like CDM talking about Dak. Fitz was the guy everyone on the team flocked to. He said that before he was even QB he was the one that most of the team looked to to see how to work. He was first on the field/last off type guy and had "IT".

Having watched that team play that night - he was the team. They really had very little talent around him (they have since gone 2-8 & 3-7 since his 10-2 Sr. year), but it was damn obvious from the stands that he was the force behind that offense.

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 09:47 AM
He's not a rah rah guy like Dak. Tiano is more of that mold from what I understand, but his talent level is close to that of Alex Smith IMO. I think CDM could use him very similarly to Smith. His legs are like there trunks and he's bigger and probably stronger than Dak in the run game.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 09:53 AM
He's not a rah rah guy like Dak. Tiano is more of that mold from what I understand, but his talent level is close to that of Alex Smith IMO. I think CDM could use him very similarly to Smith. His legs are like there trunks and he's bigger and probably stronger than Dak in the run game.

Talking to a former MSU QB thats what he said. He did go on to say that Fitz will get the go next season.

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Talking to a former MSU QB thats what he said. He did go on to say that Fitz will get the go next season.

Yep, would love to see some of the Relf offense back. Lead back, 4-wide, power I run against 6 in the box.

DownwardDawg
05-09-2016, 09:58 AM
From what we've seen so far, I think Fitz will give us a better running game than Dak. He looks faster and seems to make that run/don't run decision quicker than Dak. I think we will miss Dak's decision making in the passing game until Fitz grows up a little more.

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Agree Downward. We'll miss Dak in a million different ways, but Fitz will be effective in the run game if he stays healthy. I'm actually really excited about watching the offense work with him. Staley is more a pocket guy even though he has incredible measurables and good speed. He's just too upright and has a higher risk of taking shots in the legs IMO. I worry some about running with him for that reason. He's got every tool you'd want in the pocket though. I think he can throw the ball to Atlanta from David Wade.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Agree Downward. We'll miss Dak in a million different ways, but Fitz will be effective in the run game if he stays healthy. I'm actually really excited about watching the offense work with him. Staley is more a pocket guy even though he has incredible measurables and good speed. He's just too upright and has a higher risk of taking shots in the legs IMO. I worry some about running with him for that reason. He's got every tool you'd want in the pocket though. I think he can throw the ball to Atlanta from David Wade.

I just hope Dan picks one and sticks with him and not play one this half and another the next half. If the one he picks fails then send in another.

tcdog70
05-09-2016, 10:11 AM
this is not the NFL--in the SEC I want a QB that will take off at the first chance if he is a runner. I think Dak was more dangerous his Jr. year when he took off.

Tbonewannabe
05-09-2016, 10:23 AM
From what we've seen so far, I think Fitz will give us a better running game than Dak. He looks faster and seems to make that run/don't run decision quicker than Dak. I think we will miss Dak's decision making in the passing game until Fitz grows up a little more.

Dak helped mask how bad the Oline was. Fitz hopefully masks it by having a better RB behind him and his ability to run which Dak hesitated to do last year. I sure hope Clayborn turns into a roadgrader that Fitz can run behind.

Johnson85
05-09-2016, 10:29 AM
this is not the NFL--in the SEC I want a QB that will take off at the first chance if he is a runner. I think Dak was more dangerous his Jr. year when he took off.

Huge difference scrambling after your OLine has held their blocks for a little while, which they actually did some in 2014. Not to say Dak wasn't more hesitant to run; I think he was and I think it's a good thing as I don't think he would have made it the season if he had looked to run whenever his protection broke down rather than throwing the ball away or checking down a lot. But even if he had tried to run, he didn't have the speed to be that dangerous without his OL giving him a little bit of time.

bulldawg28
05-09-2016, 03:14 PM

Which Qb is bigger and stronger than Dak?

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Which Qb is bigger and stronger than Dak?

Both IMO. Fitz looks like an NFL TE and Staley is a giant.

Dak is only 5'11" though. Tops.

Johnson85
05-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Is that sarcasm? I remember the argument somebody was making about Dak being short, but they don't inflate measurables at the NFL combine do they, where he is 6'2"?

ScoobaDawg
05-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Would that be this one...

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/722034074324492288/QwP8Wcq5.jpg

https://twitter.com/davidwade?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7 Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This one
https://flashbackdallas.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/david-wade_dining-with_cover.jpg?w=500

or this one2308

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/General_David_Wade_091002-F-JZ029-024.JPG

Tbonewannabe
05-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Is that sarcasm? I remember the argument somebody was making about Dak being short, but they don't inflate measurables at the NFL combine do they, where he is 6'2"?

I think he forgot his ****

tcdog70
05-09-2016, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=Johnson85;551072]Huge difference scrambling after your OLine has held their blocks for a little while, which they actually did some in 2014. Not to say Dak wasn't more hesitant to run; I think he was and I think it's a good thing as I don't think he would have made it the season if he had looked to run whenever his protection broke down rather than throwing the ball away or checking down a lot. But even if he had tried to run, he didn't have the speed to be that dangerous without his OL giving him a little bit of time.[/QUOT

I think Dak got killed holding the ball--thus being the nail. By running He became the Hammer. Or He could have just slid. By running he had D-backs hitting Him but by getting sacked in the pocket time and again he had the big boys nailing Him. If your QB can run then He needs to haul ass.

HoopsDawg
05-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Huge difference scrambling after your OLine has held their blocks for a little while, which they actually did some in 2014. Not to say Dak wasn't more hesitant to run; I think he was and I think it's a good thing as I don't think he would have made it the season if he had looked to run whenever his protection broke down rather than throwing the ball away or checking down a lot. But even if he had tried to run, he didn't have the speed to be that dangerous without his OL giving him a little bit of time.

I think we are all going to realize how good Dak truly was during this season.

spiral
05-09-2016, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling Dan is purposely going to run the starting quarterback more than he did with Dak and probably even more than he did with Relf, if the situation calls for it. He has a luxury that we have not had before and that is a stable of quarterbacks who can run and get the job done (hopefully). It will be interesting to see if every play in the run game is always on the table.

preachermatt83
05-09-2016, 05:28 PM

Please, not again with this

drunkernhelldawg
05-09-2016, 05:51 PM
I'm happy with what we've got physically at qb. With good ball distribution and decision making, I'm not convinced that we'll see a huge drop off from Dak. I'm kind of more worried about the receivers. Wondering if the rb's and o line can step up to make up for the loss of Bear and Fred Brown.

BB30
05-10-2016, 08:36 AM
It is going to come down to O line play plain and simple. As others have said Dak masked a lot of our deficiencies on the line last year and even the year before. His decision making under pressure last year was pretty good. I think we will know just what we have as early as the USC game as far as the line goes. If we look good in that game we have a chance to get to 8 wins. We never really saw Fitz have to make some decisions under constant pressure last year. I hope I am wrong but I think the LSU games will really show how thin we are on the Line. It doesn't matter if we have Adrian Peterson and Mike Vick back there if our line can't block anyone.