PDA

View Full Version : McCready

JDog13
05-09-2016, 07:27 AM
Is he getting das Blevins?

msstate7
05-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Matthew 13V13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not

Coach34
05-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Something is certainly brewing there. He ****ed up and told the truth.

msstate7
05-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Something is certainly brewing there. He ****ed up and told the truth.

What's he saying?

Reason2succeed
05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
I hope they get together and sue the CL out of business if this is true.

Also, it is important to remember that the right to free speech and free press is very important. If the CL is censuring journalist over their reporting on OM that would not be a good look with everything else going on.

Coach34
05-09-2016, 07:52 AM
Neal started talking about them getting hit harder than the spin and how the Tunsil story was a problem for them. Now hearing he doesn't even follow Freezus and others on Twitter anymore.

Coach34
05-09-2016, 07:53 AM

Also, it is important to remember that the right to free speech and free press is very important. If the CL is censuring journalist over their reporting on OM that would not be a good look with everything else going on.

McReady is an OM fan site writer and tater log podcast guy

maroonmania
05-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Who is going to sue? Reporters have to have a paper or someone to write for or they don't have a job. So yes, I have no doubt that the CL brass have been censuring journalist from doing any hard hitting articles on UNM but I'm not sure who would do anything about it. Riley Blevins just followed and reported on the incident between Tunsil and Miller and the NCAA implications that might fall out and he was tarred, feathered and run out of town by his bosses. After seeing that example, why would ANY CL reporter do anything but toe the line?

SnoopDawg
05-09-2016, 10:24 AM
I didn't think Neal worked for the Clarion Ledger. I thought he was on one of the TSUN paid sites.

jb1020
05-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Where are yall seeing this? I heard Steve on Bo this morning talking about some of the Oxford media guys being fed up with how things are going there, but haven't seen anyting from McCready directly.

McCready has always seemed like a bit of a loose cannon.

maroonmania
05-09-2016, 12:04 PM
I didn't think Neal worked for the Clarion Ledger. I thought he was on one of the TSUN paid sites.

True, and given his business is even more dependent on OM fans than the CL, he is that much more likely to be blackballed by the Rebel spin machine.

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 12:07 PM
True, and given his business is even more dependent on OM fans than the CL, he is that much more likely to be blackballed by the Rebel spin machine.

There's a significant chance that he will outlast the people that would cutt his access. Also, his readers will forgive him when he's right.

JDog13
05-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Where are yall seeing this? I heard Steve on Bo this morning talking about some of the Oxford media guys being fed up with how things are going there, but haven't seen anyting from McCready directly.

"Sources"

maroonmania
05-09-2016, 12:29 PM
There's a significant chance that he will outlast the people that would cutt his access. Also, his readers will forgive him when he's right.

Well, Steve Robertson survived the Will Redmond mess even though he did things much worse from an MSU fan perspective than McCready has done from an UNM fan perspective. However, MSU fans are generally much more forgiving and much less vindictive than most Bear fans.

Reason2succeed
05-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Who is going to sue? Reporters have to have a paper or someone to write for or they don't have a job. So yes, I have no doubt that the CL brass have been censuring journalist from doing any hard hitting articles on UNM but I'm not sure who would do anything about it. Riley Blevins just followed and reported on the incident between Tunsil and Miller and the NCAA implications that might fall out and he was tarred, feathered and run out of town by his bosses. After seeing that example, why would ANY CL reporter do anything but toe the line?

My bad. I thought Neal worked for the CL too. Blevins may have a wrongful termination suit. He's assigned to cover OM and is canned for accurately covering OM.

Bubb Rubb
05-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Think about this: You are McReady, or Yancy, or Chuck, or whoever. Your job and livelihood is tied to Ole Miss news and providing info and updates to the paying fanbase. You keep getting spoonfed BS by the administration and you distribute it among the sheep, only for it to be proven as lies over and over again. You reach the point that you continue being the mouthpiece and go down with the ship, or you turn on them to try and salvage some semblance of a reputation. I think this is the point where Neal is, and I would suspect others will be joining him soon.

BulldogDX55
05-09-2016, 01:19 PM
My bad. I thought Neal worked for the CL too. Blevins may have a wrongful termination suit. He's assigned to cover OM and is canned for accurately covering OM.

Right to Work state. He has no grounds.

archdog
05-09-2016, 04:23 PM

Who was that, that kept reporting the MSU/pony gate stuff a few years ago, Kyle Veazey? We need that guy to start covering UM. Dude never let anything go.

archdog
05-09-2016, 04:23 PM

He was discriminated against. Not enough of a Douchebag for those guys.

Spiderman
05-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Think about this: You are McReady, or Yancy, or Chuck, or whoever. Your job and livelihood is tied to Ole Miss news and providing info and updates to the paying fanbase. You keep getting spoonfed BS by the administration and you distribute it among the sheep, only for it to be proven as lies over and over again. You reach the point that you continue being the mouthpiece and go down with the ship, or you turn on them to try and salvage some semblance of a reputation. I think this is the point where Neal is, and I would suspect others will be joining him soon.

If you think Yancy or Chuck will ever turn on Ole Miss, you would be terribly wrong.

Be like Billy Graham denying God.

Bubb Rubb
05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
If you think Yancy or Chuck will ever turn on Ole Miss, you would be terribly wrong.

Be like Billy Graham denying God.

Turn on Ole Miss? Of course not. Turn on Freeze/Bjork? Absolutely. I think it's a matter of time. One of them is already going around telling people how pissed he is.

MidTNDawg
05-09-2016, 08:20 PM

Are you sure of what you said? I do not think you are correct if the circumstances noted are factual.

tireddawg
05-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Turn on Ole Miss? Of course not. Turn on Freeze/Bjork? Absolutely. I think it's a matter of time. One of them is already going around telling people how pissed he is.

What's he saying & who's he telling?

confucius say
05-09-2016, 08:50 PM
Are you sure of what you said? I do not think you are correct if the circumstances noted are factual.

He is correct. You can be fired or any reason or no reason, just not an unlawful reason (based on sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, or refusal to commit a criminal act/reporting of a criminal act). Perfectly legal to fire someone for doing their job well if you don't like it.

maroonmania
05-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Who was that, that kept reporting the MSU/pony gate stuff a few years ago, Kyle Veazey? We need that guy to start covering UM. Dude never let anything go.

Doesn't take any intestinal fortitude to report negatively on MSU. Lots of reporters in the state do that all the time. Heck, ol' Hugh Fatburger got the CL sports editor's job doing that and pumping UNM. I'm not aware that Veazey has ever done any negative reporting on UNM and I was even thinking he went to school there.

Bullsy
05-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Mcreedy: "So Laremy, did you take money from coaches (wink, wink and back stage high fives later after you tell the world you obviously 'would NEVER do such a thing'"

Tunsil: "i would have to say yeah"

Mcreedy: (oh shit dumbass... You were supposed to say NO!!)

hahahahaha

Reason2succeed
05-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Mcreedy: "So Laremy, did you take money from coaches (wink, wink and back stage high fives later after you tell the world you obviously 'would NEVER do such a thing'"

Tunsil: "i would have to say yeah"

Mcreedy: (oh shit dumbass... You were supposed to say NO!!)

hahahahaha

The downside of using academic fraud to get players to your school is that you aren't getting the sharpest individuals.