PDA

View Full Version : If I'm reading this correctly

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2016, 10:56 PM
we need to win 6 of our last 7 to remain within the top 16 in RPI. This was taken from Boyd's World.
I feel confident we will do this, but it shows how bad our remaining schedule stacks up in the RPI. We won 3 games this past week, only top 5 team to win every game played, and we dropped 1 spot in the RPI.

I don't think this will matter in the National Seed conversation however. Just wish it would have looked better on paper.

Mississippi State

Remaining: 3 home, 4 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 11
ROWP: 0.455

Top 45:

No more wins needed.

Top 32:

0 home wins, 1 road wins
1 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

2 home wins, 4 road wins
3 home wins, 3 road wins

Top 8:

No way to reach the threshold.

ScoobaDawg
05-08-2016, 11:08 PM
We did not drop in RPI...we have been 11 ALL WEEK since Clemson jumped us playing FSU.

We will be fine as long as we go at least 4-2.
No way we don't host.

We haven't been able to reach top 8 since he started putting out the RPI Needs..no biggie

Todd4State
05-08-2016, 11:09 PM
The thing to remember about Boyd's stuff is that the numbers are fluid. It can change based on results around the country. Like Kentucky beating South Carolina might change some things.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2016, 11:39 PM
We did not drop in RPI...we have been 11 ALL WEEK since Clemson jumped us playing FSU.

We will be fine as long as we go at least 4-2.
No way we don't host.

We haven't been able to reach top 8 since he started putting out the RPI Needs..no biggie

We're currently 12th. And I agree, we've done enough with winning those road series that nobody else can claim to be in great shape to be a National Seed. Just have to keep winning.

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2016, 02:05 AM
Once aGAIN, y'all are overthinking the hell out of this. Almost every creditable source for college baseball has us as a national seed as it stands. We're a consensus Top 3 team. As long as we take care of our business, we're a national seed. Period. End of discussion. We aren't some random mid-major that destroyed weak competition and everyone knows is a joke. We're an SEC team that will have won all but 1 SEC series, including road series wins at Vandy, Florida, and LSU. RPI be damned with that resume. It's a factor, not the factor. Literally everything else is in our favor.

dickiedawg
05-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Once aGAIN, y'all are overthinking the hell out of this. Almost every creditable source for college baseball has us as a national seed as it stands. We're a consensus Top 3 team. As long as we take care of our business, we're a national seed. Period. End of discussion. We aren't some random mid-major that destroyed weak competition and everyone knows is a joke. We're an SEC team that will have won all but 1 SEC series, including road series wins at Vandy, Florida, and LSU. RPI be damned with that resume. It's a factor, not the factor. Literally everything else is in our favor.

This is all true. But to me it's relevant to show how little our margin for error is. We have to win 6 more games, out of 7, just to stay in the top 16. That probably means we arent moving up at all.
We're already 4th in the pecking order, and folks already have doubts the committee would give the SEC 4 national seeds. If our RPI is outside the top 16, that certainly wont help, and if we give the impression of faltering down the stretch that's another mark against us.
We've got a great resume with some tough series victories, especially on the road. We're in great shape to do some things the program has never done (win the west, earn a national seed). The team has shown some real moxie and has the talent to win the whole darn thing. But the hay is not in the barn yet. Got to finish strong.

State82
05-09-2016, 08:17 AM
I don't think a national seed has had an RPI worse than 13 in the last 5 or 6 years. For whatever that's worth.

GreenheadDawg
05-09-2016, 08:25 AM
If we don't get a national seed after the year we have had then i will lose all faith in humanity. There is NO TEAM in the country that has the resume we do. **** RPI, we won 3 series against top 10 teams on the road.

BB30
05-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Yea, if we don't get a national seed assuming we finish like we should even going 4-2 the system has some flaws. There is no way they can keep us out of a national seed due to RPI. I think we will take care of business anyway but RPI seems like it should be irrelevant in some cases. Either way we have a very good team that can beat anyone on any given day. This team is extremely exciting to watch.

ScoobaDawg
05-09-2016, 10:36 AM
We're currently 12th. And I agree, we've done enough with winning those road series that nobody else can claim to be in great shape to be a National Seed. Just have to keep winning.

Not on boyds world... still #11 in rpi
http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 10:45 AM
We play in the toughest conference. We have only lost one series, We are ranked number 3 or 4. We are good to go. I do think the Troy game is a big one for us. We have to win that one.

HSVDawg
05-09-2016, 11:10 AM
My biggest worry is still geography. If the committee practices fairness, then there will be 4 teams apiece selected from the SEC and ACC as the national seeds. But if there is a Texas Tech hanging out there with 42 or 43 wins and a Top 10 RPI, then they may well be inclined to throw them a bone. In that case somebody would be getting screwed.

ScoobaDawg
05-09-2016, 11:40 AM
and I see now on the official NCAA rpi we have dropped to 12. Time to crunch some data