PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Baseball

Pinto
05-08-2016, 09:09 PM
I just had to turn it off. The woman they have on there is annoying and kills the broadcast. She adds nothing and sounds like the SNL Schweddy Balls skit.

msstate7
05-08-2016, 09:17 PM
I can't watch it either. I have no problem with a woman calling a game. I do have a problem with her bc he's terrible

Bullsy
05-08-2016, 09:53 PM
Agreed. They are shoving women broadcasters down our throats. It just doesn't work.

shoeless joe
05-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Obviously she's great cuz ESPN has her on their premier broadcast...and of course a woman who's never played the game at any level knows way more then all the qualified males out there. I for one am just gonna sit here and enjoy her key analysis on who David Ortiz' favorite rock band is. Maybe they'll have derek jeter on to give his thoughts on the best tampon brand.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Obviously she's great cuz ESPN has her on their premier broadcast...and of course a woman who's never played the game at any level knows way more then all the qualified males out there. I for one am just gonna sit here and enjoy her key analysis on who David Ortiz' favorite rock band is. Maybe they'll have derek jeter on to give his thoughts on the best tampon brand.

Now that was funny! Bravo,Sir!

Todd4State
05-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Agreed. They are shoving women broadcasters down our throats. It just doesn't work.

My problem is they are trying to shove down everyone's throats that fastpitch softball is the equivalent to MLB. It's not. And while it's similar, it's not quite the same. You have different pitches in both and pitching staffs are handled much differently. Those may be subtle differences but when I'm watching a baseball game I would rather listen to someone that has the experience of being in MLB situations and has dealt with that compared to Olympic fast pitch softball. And if I was being tortured by Al-Queda and had to watch softball I'd probably rather listen to someone that has played and coached fastpitch softball.

shoeless joe
05-08-2016, 10:13 PM
My problem is they are trying to shove down everyone's throats that fastpitch softball is the equivalent to MLB. It's not. And while it's similar, it's not quite the same. You have different pitches in both and pitching staffs are handled much differently. Those may be subtle differences but when I'm watching a baseball game I would rather listen to someone that has the experience of being in MLB situations and has dealt with that compared to Olympic fast pitch softball. And if I was being tortured by Al-Queda and had to watch softball I'd probably rather listen to someone that has played and coached fastpitch softball.

You are correct. I actually appreciate softball and even womens basketball for what they are. But they are not equivalent to the men's versions of those sports. The over hyping of these is what turns folks off of them.

Todd4State
05-08-2016, 11:15 PM
You are correct. I actually appreciate softball and even womens basketball for what they are. But they are not equivalent to the men's versions of those sports. The over hyping of these is what turns folks off of them.

Me too. I gave fastpitch softball a fair shot when I went to see the USA Olympic softball team play in Ridgeland MS, and I kept an open mind about it. I've also seen a lot of MLB games through the years and I can tell you that personally for me the fastpitch softball stuff just doesn't do it for me from a skill/viewing it from a fan standpoint. But I do respect that the women that play on the Olympic softball team are the best in the world at it and I respect that a lot.

Dawg61
05-08-2016, 11:38 PM
ESPN sucks

It_Could_Happen
05-09-2016, 12:11 AM
ESPN sucks

FS1 is slowing catching them in ratings because ESPN has become the most PC brand on the market. FS1 is willing to let people like cowherd, Clay Travis, and Whitlock say what they want and people watch it and enjoy it.