PDA

View Full Version : Bear Wilson

msstate7
05-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Stolen from uncle ruckus on sps...

From ESPN
There was some confusion on the Patriots-based status of undrafted Mississippi State receiver/tight end De'Runnya Wilson, an intriguing prospect from a traits perspective (6-foot-4 ⅝, 224 pounds, 80.5-inch wingspan). Wilson had posted the Patriots? logo on Instagram with his picture, and the Clarion-Ledger reported he was joining New England. But there was a breakdown somewhere along the way, and when I reached out to Wilson?s agent, Rodney Edwards, on Saturday, he said Wilson is not with the club.

Reason2succeed
05-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Okay, Bear needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Whoever his people are, they are dropping the ball.

maroonmania
05-08-2016, 07:30 PM
So he hasn't signed a free agent deal with anyone at this point?

msstate7
05-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Okay, Bear needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Whoever his people are, they are dropping the ball.

I really feel sorry for him. He left school to take care of his children and now he's unemployed with no college degree. I really don't see how anyone can say he made a good decision.

drummerdawg
05-08-2016, 07:35 PM
I bet he could do well in the arena league.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2016, 07:36 PM
New England invited him to rookie camp but he hasn't signed a free agent deal.

Steakonastick
05-08-2016, 07:36 PM
I thought he got a camp invite to try and gain a contract. He might be better off training for a whole year and trying to put on 20-25 pounds.

Reason2succeed
05-08-2016, 07:43 PM
New England invited him to rookie camp but he hasn't signed a free agent deal.

Why hasn't he signed the deal? Rookie minicamp has already started. He should be out there winning a job not out on the streets.

Dawgology
05-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Man I hate to hear that. He was a project player for the NFL but I thought he would at least get a look.

tireddawg
05-08-2016, 08:36 PM
I thought he got a camp invite to try and gain a contract. He might be better off training for a whole year and trying to put on 20-25 pounds.

Is he even capable of putting on that much?

SDDawg
05-08-2016, 08:40 PM
That pisses me off- if he had proper representation he would be in a camp somewhere. Damn shame.

gtowndawg
05-08-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm afraid this will go down as a tragic decision. Sad.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Afraid he made a terrible mistake. Bad advice, bad decision. Really hope he lands on his feet.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2016, 10:00 PM
Anyone saying he made the right decision in coming out is being stupid. Period. He should've stayed in school. Another year would've made a world of difference for him. Also, a prime example of one should keep one's dick in his pants. Actions have consequences. But I'm not supposed to say that.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Mullen needs to step in and do whatever is needed to get him in a camp someplace. Some may say Mullen has nothing to do with him any longer, but it will look better for our program if Bear ends up with someone playing ball at least on a practice squad if nothing else instead of being out on the streets. You could tell by his combine numbers that he was on his own and didn't get any help in training for the combine. Dak went and worked out with these QB guru's to help elevate his game. Bear looked like he spent his time on the couch eating cheeto's.

This is a prime example of why something needs to be put in place where these marginal players have an option of some sort to go back to college if they are not drafted. I don't know the answer, but of the 96 juniors who declared this year, 34 or so did NOT get drafted. That is not good for anybody involved.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Why hasn't he signed the deal? Rookie minicamp has already started. He should be out there winning a job not out on the streets.

He is/was at rookie camp he just hasn't signed a free agent deal.

Corn Bread
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM

Question to the experts. Would Wilson be better of going the Canada route as of now? His representation is nothing short of a CF.

SDDawg
05-08-2016, 10:47 PM

This article explains it: http://www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2016/5/7/11615624/patriots-official-sign-8-of-9-draft-picks-8-undrafted-free-agents. Sounds like there is still a chance for him to sign in the coming days.

thf24
05-09-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't think he'd get much interest from either the CFL or arena league. Most of those teams run quick-hitting air raid offenses where speed and agility is more important than size.

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2016, 08:30 AM
Mullen needs to step in and do whatever is needed to get him in a camp someplace. Some may say Mullen has nothing to do with him any longer, but it will look better for our program if Bear ends up with someone playing ball at least on a practice squad if nothing else instead of being out on the streets. You could tell by his combine numbers that he was on his own and didn't get any help in training for the combine. Dak went and worked out with these QB guru's to help elevate his game. Bear looked like he spent his time on the couch eating cheeto's.

This is a prime example of why something needs to be put in place where these marginal players have an option of some sort to go back to college if they are not drafted. I don't know the answer, but of the 96 juniors who declared this year, 34 or so did NOT get drafted. That is not good for anybody involved.
How exactly is Mullen supposed to "step in?" There isn't a whole lot he can do here. Wilson made a bad choice. It sucks but it is what it is.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-09-2016, 08:50 AM
This article explains it: http://www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2016/5/7/11615624/patriots-official-sign-8-of-9-draft-picks-8-undrafted-free-agents. Sounds like there is still a chance for him to sign in the coming days.

Thanks for the link.

Political Hack
05-09-2016, 09:37 AM
C34 owes me a bar tab at the veranda if he doesn't catch an NFL pass next season.

Coach34
05-09-2016, 09:41 AM
He has damn sure been disappointing. Makes no sense to leave early and then screw off and not work hard to help yourself

Tbonewannabe
05-09-2016, 10:17 AM
He has damn sure been disappointing. Makes no sense to leave early and then screw off and not work hard to help yourself

He has to have some toxic people around him giving him horrible advice. I don't see how his agent doesn't get him with a good trainer. He wasn't going to blow away the combine but neither did Treadwell. He should have being mentioned as a big body who could make the tough catches and block his ass off instead they just harped on how bad his numbers were. I don't know if he just didn't work out at all and thought he could get by or if he is just limited athletically but running that bad of a 40 shows he didn't put in the work.

I think that is the biggest thing against him is it looks like he didn't work hard to prepare for the combine. It is like if you went into an interview in a Tshirt, shorts, and sandals. Even if your resume is good, you are going to have a hard time getting a job because it looks like you don't care if you get the job or not. If Bear isn't going to prepare for the combine then what is the chances he is going to put in the work during the summer to prepare for the season. Getting with the Patriots might be the best thing for him. Tom Brady/Belichek demands effort. If nothing else maybe he can get on with the Patriots and this was a wake up call. Hoping for the best.

Jack Lambert
05-09-2016, 10:20 AM
There just might be some info we don't know about that the NFL investigators found.

Taog Redloh
05-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Bear is going to be a steal. The Patriots will see his talent and they will sign him. Belichek knows what he is doing.

Taog Redloh
05-09-2016, 10:48 AM

How the hell do you know this? Prime example of you spouting stuff to spare your ego. Why say that about the guy, you don't know what he's done.

Coach34
05-09-2016, 11:00 AM
How the hell do you know this? Prime example of you spouting stuff to spare your ego. Why say that about the guy, you don't know what he's done.

because people associated with the football program told me this. I'm not sure why I have to keep telling you this over and over. When I'm guessing or speculating at something- I say that. Bear didn't put the work in between January in the draft

DanDority
05-09-2016, 11:11 AM
Anyone saying he made the right decision in coming out is being stupid. Period. He should've stayed in school. Another year would've made a world of difference for him. Also, a prime example of one should keep one's dick in his pants. Actions have consequences. But I'm not supposed to say that.

WMD, always coming with facts! Whomever advised him to come out is an IDIOT. Don't tell me that he needed to think about his family, how is he going to take care of his with a burger flipping job? He doesn't have his degree, nor did he get drafted to play in the NFL this year.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-09-2016, 11:51 AM
a social media pic of a large order of hooters wings & the caption "17 this diet" came to mind when i saw his 40 time

JoseBrown
05-09-2016, 01:46 PM
In all fairness Bear's pecker should've flopped out, then he'd have an excuse.****

BB30
05-09-2016, 02:12 PM
It was a lot of fun watching bear and there was always some potential there but he was far far from polished. He is extremely raw and the only advantage he had was his size. His lack of speed killed him and I also didn't think he did a great job of playing the ball. He caught almost everything with his body and didn't use his hands very much. NFL DBs are longer and more physical. I think the negatives with him just simply outweighed the positives. He would struggle at the next level creating separation combine that with catching the ball with his body and most DBs would be able to jump with him. He didn't run very crisp routes. Just a lot I think he could have improved on with another year at the college level. Hopefully he will make a practice squad and continue to work on those things. Would have been nice to have him back to help transition from Dak to Fitz for sure.