PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
05-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Fredi is on the clock. Lotta speculation that he could be let go tomorrow on the off day. While I don't think this team should be competing, 1-15 at home is just not acceptable. Please send Fredi packing... He earned it when the braves were a decent team with his September collapses and not using Kimbrel vs Dodgers.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Yep he burned me with the late season collapses and all the dumb crap he does. I was in his camp to begin with , but it didn't last long. He's a dead man walking. Sometimes it looks like he's making stupid decisions so they will fire him. Either way he sucks.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2016, 04:36 PM
I want the braves to hire somebody with passion. Somebody that approaches the game with a red ass.

msstate7
05-08-2016, 04:39 PM
I want the braves to hire somebody with passion. Somebody that approaches the game with a red ass.
I want them to hire someone who realizes that AJ is a horrible pitch framer and pitch caller. Fredi shouldn't be using AJ with our young pitchers bc Aj seems to get them destroyed most the time while they look much better with flowers. I also want a manager that knows how to manage a bullpen

parabrave
05-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Announce attendance for today was 17 thousand. Subtract ten thou and you have about the butts in seats amount. This is the only thing will get liberty medias attention. I think they keep Fredi at least till the all star break. If there is no major improvement or season ticket sales stall or drop he will be gone just to spur some excitement for next year. However he is gone at the end of the season no matter what happens..

shoeless joe
05-08-2016, 05:48 PM
Fredi has gotten the leash he has because he was Bobby's pick to replace him...and that has held up to this point. I'm not sure what it is but something is missing with him in a managerial spot. I'm not as down on him as much BUT I do think it's time for a change and to move in a different direction.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I want them to hire someone who realizes that AJ is a horrible pitch framer and pitch caller. Fredi shouldn't be using AJ with our young pitchers bc Aj seems to get them destroyed most the time while they look much better with flowers. I also want a manager that knows how to manage a bullpen

Fredi bullpen management borders on abusive. He's putrid with his handling of the pen. Agree on AJ.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2016, 10:05 PM
Lots of talk that Bud Black is the top choice as a replacement. Although the latest word is we may but Pendleton in charge for the rest of the season in an interim capacity. I'd actually be in favor of that. There's been a lot of good buzz surrounding TP the last several years. Give him a chance for the rest of the season and see what happens.

Bud Black just does little or nothing for me. He'd be an upgrade, but he brings zero excitement or hope for the future with him. Could just be me, though. Personally, if we don't wind up going with TP long term, I'd rather gamble on a guy like Big Mac than go with a retread like Black.

shoeless joe
05-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Lots of talk that Bud Black is the top choice as a replacement. Although the latest word is we may but Pendleton in charge for the rest of the season in an interim capacity. I'd actually be in favor of that. There's been a lot of good buzz surrounding TP the last several years. Give him a chance for the rest of the season and see what happens.

Bud Black just does little or nothing for me. He'd be an upgrade, but he brings zero excitement or hope for the future with him. Could just be me, though. Personally, if we don't wind up going with TP long term, I'd rather gamble on a guy like Big Mac than go with a retread like Black.

I am in the same boat about black not being a splash hire...but I wonder if the Yankees thought that about torre or the giants about bochy. So I'm torn on that choice.

If the braves brass think he is the man then he him in now. No reason to go interim IMO.

War Machine Dawg
05-08-2016, 10:25 PM
I am in the same boat about black not being a splash hire...but I wonder if the Yankees thought that about torre or the giants about bochy. So I'm torn on that choice.

If the braves brass think he is the man then he him in now. No reason to go interim IMO.

Well, the reasoning is that TP has a lot of internal support. And he is highly regarded in baseball circles. Not to mention that we all know the Braves tend to be very much a promote-from-within organization. Players love TP, too. So you give him the interim gig as an extended interview. Plus, there will be a much better slate of candidates during the offseason to choose from if we decide to go external than there is right now.