PDA

View Full Version : Nothing unusual needs to happen for State to win the SEC

AlmostPositive
05-08-2016, 02:23 PM
USC plays A&M and Alabama...counting their game today with UK they could easily lose 4 or more and finish 20-10 or lower.

Florida is not likely to finish any higher than that with series against Vandy and LSU (they would need to win 5 out of 6 to end up with 20 wins, but they lost a game so percentages would come into play.)

A&M has UM and South Carolina so they could easily drop three of those.

One sweep and one series win for MSU (20-10) could very easily do it for us.

You could say two or three or slightly unlikely things need to line up; just looking at as objectively as possible I would put it at around a 20 per cent chance or higher to at least tie.

CadaverDawg
05-08-2016, 02:26 PM
I agree. We're sitting in a great spot if we can just take care of bidness

missouridawg
05-08-2016, 02:52 PM
The only thing that concerns me is that we need to pass USC and aTm... And since they play each other, one of them will be getting 2 or 3 wins this next weekend.

AlmostPositive
05-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Good point... I believe A&M is the better team but they are unlikely to sweep either USC or OM.

DancingRabbit
05-08-2016, 04:41 PM
Warren Nolan predicted final conference record for the top 10 SEC teams.

South Carolina 21 - 8

Florida 20 - 9

Mississippi State 20 - 10

Texas A&M 19 - 11

Ole Miss 18 - 12

Vanderbilt 17 - 13

LSU 18 - 13

Alabama 15 - 15

Kentucky 15 - 15

Georgia 12 - 18

M.Fillmore
05-08-2016, 06:16 PM
It just got a little easier. Kentucky just won the series 2-1 vs South Carolina. The game between USC and Florida that got cancelled may play into our hands. We are 1.5 games back with six games left and the most favorable schedule of all teams concerned.

BulldogBear
05-08-2016, 06:27 PM
The only thing that concerns me is that we need to pass USC and aTm... And since they play each other, one of them will be getting 2 or 3 wins this next weekend.

No matter what, we don't want either of them to sweep

USC plays A&M and Alabama...counting their game today with UK they could easily lose 4 or more and finish 20-10 or lower.

Florida is not likely to finish any higher than that with series against Vandy and LSU (they would need to win 5 out of 6 to end up with 20 wins, but they lost a game so percentages would come into play.)

A&M has UM and South Carolina so they could easily drop three of those.

One sweep and one series win for MSU (20-10) could very easily do it for us.

You could say two or three or slightly unlikely things need to line up; just looking at as objectively as possible I would put it at around a 20 per cent chance or higher to at least tie.

We need to finish 5-1 (20-10)

Gators have Vandy, then @ LSU....hopefully go 3-3 so they end up 19-10. If they go 4-2, they'll beat us with a record of 20-9

USCe has TAMU, then @ Bama...again we are looking for 3-3. See above. If they win 2 against A&M, we'll need 'em to drop 2 at Bama. That's a lot to ask. If TAMU beats them twice, we'll need the Bears (gasp!) to win 2 over Aggies

TAMU has @ USCe, then home to UMiss...once again we are looking for 3-3, which would put them 19-11. If they win 4, we'd both be 20-10 and they would very much have the tiebreaker. I'm with starkvegasdawg, that wouldn't be as great as an outright.

UMiss hosts UK, then plays at A&M...they're very unlikely to 6-0 so we wouldn't have to worry about them.

What would be the tits would be for USCe to go 1-2 against TAMU, then 2-1 @ Bama. Follow that with TAMU and Ole Miss splitting 1-1 and getting rained out! Do your rain dance fellers!!

Todd4State
05-08-2016, 07:11 PM
No matter what, we don't want either of them to sweep

We need to finish 5-1 (20-10)

Gators have Vandy, then @ LSU....hopefully go 3-3 so they end up 19-10. If they go 4-2, they'll beat us with a record of 20-9

USCe has TAMU, then @ Bama...again we are looking for 3-3. See above. If they win 2 against A&M, we'll need 'em to drop 2 at Bama. That's a lot to ask. If TAMU beats them twice, we'll need the Bears (gasp!) to win 2 over Aggies

TAMU has @ USCe, then home to UMiss...once again we are looking for 3-3, which would put them 19-11. If they win 4, we'd both be 20-10 and they would very much have the tiebreaker. I'm with starkvegasdawg, that wouldn't be as great as an outright.

UMiss hosts UK, then plays at A&M...they're very unlikely to 6-0 so we wouldn't have to worry about them.

What would be the tits would be for USCe to go 1-2 against TAMU, then 2-1 @ Bama. Follow that with TAMU and Ole Miss splitting 1-1 and getting rained out! Do your rain dance fellers!!

Even better would be if we just went 6-0. It will be tough because Auburn hasn't been swept at home this year.

smootness
05-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Even better would be if we just went 6-0. It will be tough because Auburn hasn't been swept at home this year.

This is probably what we need to do. I just don't think SC is going to finish with fewer than 20 wins.

DAWGS1
05-08-2016, 07:44 PM
That 2nd game at uat and not taking at least one game from A&M is killing us right now

Jack Lambert
05-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Good point... I believe A&M is the better team but they are unlikely to sweep either USC or OM.

I just don't think anyone is going to sweep A&M and they will not lose a series to Ole Miss.