PDA

View Full Version : Bama CB popped for DUI this morning....

TUSK
08-18-2013, 10:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9578894/alabama-crimson-tide-corner-geno-smith-arrested-dui

Coach34
08-18-2013, 11:01 AM
damn- all the guys in the great state of Alabammy can't act right before kickoff gets here

TUSK
08-18-2013, 11:16 AM
I may have missed it, but I think this is the only arrest for us this off season... we have had a couple of suspensions though... a LB & TE I think...

damn- all the guys in the great state of Alabammy can't act right before kickoff gets here

Coach34
08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm sure we will have a couple of suspensions for Ok State- we always do.

And no, Mullen doesnt talk about suspensions either

Bark
08-18-2013, 12:54 PM

The guys from the great state of Alabammy sure can play football though.

TUSK
08-18-2013, 01:28 PM
oops, I forgot about these jackasses, Coach... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130227/nick-saban-alabama-arrested-players-dismissed.ap/

I'm sure we will have a couple of suspensions for Ok State- we always do.

And no, Mullen doesnt talk about suspensions either

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Bama could lose anyone on them team besides AJ and be just fine.

TUSK
08-18-2013, 03:12 PM
CJ Mosely is another...

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to suggest that I know Bama better than you, because I don't... but I can't see losing a LB really hurting Bama all that much. He's a beast and key to the defense, but y'all have a Sr behind him too... and you damn sure have the athletes.

TUSK
08-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Saban's D is very complex and Mosley is effectively the QB of the Defense... we were very fortunate he didn't go pro...

If we lost him, Depriest would likely make the calls and Tana Patrick would fill in and is a 5* SR LB that hasn't really panned out, mostly due to talent and depth.

I'll agree with you though that losing AJ would be a MUCH bigger deal... He's arguably the greatest QB we've ever had and has a chance to leave the Capstone with 4 rings...

I'm not going to suggest that I know Bama better than you, because I don't... but I can't see losing a LB really hurting Bama all that much. He's a beast and key to the defense, but y'all have a Sr behind him too... and you damn sure have the athletes.

whosyourdawgy
08-18-2013, 07:46 PM

:cool: oops. Yeldon.

jennaswift
08-20-2013, 01:29 AM
I've heard that there is no word on what disciplinary action will be taken against him, well if there would be aside from the $1000 he paid.

HIGHDOG
08-20-2013, 06:19 AM
what's the big deal??...nobody got hurt...it shoulda happened to me a thousand times...tom

starkvegasdawg
08-20-2013, 07:16 AM
I've heard that there is no word on what disciplinary action will be taken against him, well if there would be aside from the $1000 he paid.

Since he is a projected starter he will have to run stadium steps three times next week. Maybe a first half suspension if they open up against the Helen Keller School of the Blind.

mikethomas
03-14-2014, 03:35 AM
Eventhough no one got hurt they should still be punished just like how ordinary people gets punished for a DUI charge. Would we still wait for someone to get hurt when such incident happens again?

msstate7
03-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Eventhough no one got hurt they should still be punished just like how ordinary people gets punished for a DUI charge. Would we still wait for someone to get hurt when such incident happens again?

Mike, you waited a while to comment on this thread didnt you?

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 07:18 AM
Mike, you waited a while to comment on this thread didnt you?

hahaha. with the quick rebuttal.

mk1984
03-14-2014, 11:01 AM
He was thinking out his reply very carefully

smootness
03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Freaking impressive to join the site and search back 7 months to find a thread in which to make your first comment.

However, yes, HIGHDOG's response was ridiculous. DUI's should be treated more harshly, not less. I don't care how many times you did it; every time you did, you put everyone else's life in serious danger.

slickdawg
03-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Freaking impressive to join the site and search back 7 months to find a thread in which to make your first comment.

However, yes, HIGHDOG's response was ridiculous. DUI's should be treated more harshly, not less. I don't care how many times you did it; every time you did, you put everyone else's life in serious danger.

Couldn't agree more. I'm for upgrading it to attempted manslaughter/murder. I'm sick of innocent people being injured/killed by damned drunk drivers.

DownwardDawg
03-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Couldn't agree more. I'm for upgrading it to attempted manslaughter/murder. I'm sick of innocent people being injured/killed by damned drunk drivers.

Not until something is done about texting and driving. It is far more dangerous and every freakin kid is doing it, along with millions of adults. I can't drive anywhere without seeing multiple people texting and driving. I'm not seeing drunk drivers very often.

slickdawg
03-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Not until something is done about texting and driving. It is far more dangerous and every freakin kid is doing it, along with millions of adults. I can't drive anywhere without seeing multiple people texting and driving. I'm not seeing drunk drivers very often.

Oh, I'm all for that too. More and more cities here in North Texas are banning any texting/messaging while driving.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 12:16 PM
stiffer penalties would be fine by me, but they need to raise the legal limit. it's a little ridiculous right now. two beers and you drive = manslaughter? that's absurd. if a person is truly intoxicated, then yes. But lots of people can be well past the legal limit and be just fine on the road.

so, either keep the penalty the same with a lower limit or raise the limit and stiffen the penalty.

Political Hack
03-14-2014, 12:21 PM
went and looked up the death rate per year and it's dropped tremendously.

As Bo Dirt says, keep on keepin' on.

TUSK
03-14-2014, 04:10 PM
I think you should be allowed to drink during your driving test... at the point you can no longer operate the vehicle in a manner that is "reasonably" safe, you get certified at that BAC....

the same BAC for everyone is arbitrary and unfair! Drunks, UNITE!

RougeDawg
03-14-2014, 04:55 PM
stiffer penalties would be fine by me, but they need to raise the legal limit. it's a little ridiculous right now. two beers and you drive = manslaughter? that's absurd. if a person is truly intoxicated, then yes. But lots of people can be well past the legal limit and be just fine on the road.

so, either keep the penalty the same with a lower limit or raise the limit and stiffen the penalty.

Hack. You are looking at this all wrong.** No way they will raise the limit and stiffen the penalties. There's no money in that. DUIs fund a good chunk of change to everyone from law enforcement to attourneys. No way they are going to cut that. But remember, they pass and set all of these laws because they care about our well being. Just like the seatbelt and texting laws. Only to make $$. They don't truly care about safety, even though that's how the pass it off. If safety was the main issue and concern, all activities other than driving would be banned: eating, drinking, putting on makeup, reading newspaper, etc. People doing all of those activities pose the same amount of risk and hazards on the road, if not more.

caribento
04-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Stiffer penalties? That sounds great but I think it wold be impossible, isn't it disappointing on how athletes and stars are given special treatment on such cases.

BulldogDX55
04-30-2014, 09:51 AM
You don't need to do anything similar to raising the penalty to attempted murder/manslaughter or anything close to those charges while jackass cops still have DUI quotas and massive egos. I know too many people who have been hit with DUIs after 0-2 drinks that don't need to be in jail for years.

Johnson85
04-30-2014, 09:54 AM

They should raise the limit regardless of what they do with the penalty. Having a legal limit below the level of impairment raises revenue for cities, but it also lessens the stigma of a DUI. People that drive when impaired are putting people in danger and there should be serious social consequences for doing so. Lumping those drivers in with regular social drinkers that drive with a .1 BAC means you don't know who is really endangering people and who is basically contributing more to the local tax base.

Political Hack
04-30-2014, 10:39 AM
this thread's timeline is hilarious. by my count, Bama has 3 DBs now popped for DUI.

I agree 85. If they're going to hand out cupcake DUI's, it should be a cupcake penalty.