PDA

View Full Version : Did y'all see the possum stop play at Alex Box just now?

CadaverDawg
05-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Haha, only in Louisiana or Mississippi does a possum get loose during a baseball game. Awesome

CadaverDawg
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch5w4p3WkAAe-yi?format=jpg&name=large

Skydawg1
05-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Yeah, someones dinner escaped.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2016, 10:10 PM

Yep, escaped from a stewpot in the tailgate area.

Gotta love Ben McDonald saying on National TV that he's eaten possum before. I like McDonald

Todd4State
05-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Yep, escaped from a stewpot in the tailgate area.

Gotta love Ben McDonald saying on National TV that he's eaten possum before. I like McDonald

Followed up with how he has also eaten a raccoon as well.

jbjones
05-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Followed up with how he has also eaten a raccoon as well.

Coon is good, man, seriously. Just make sure a paw is on the carcass, and you're good go go!

oPossum? Nosir. Not even trying that.

Skydawg1
05-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Followed up with how he has also eaten a raccoon as well.A few games ago he was talking about going to see grandma and found some chicken feet in the gravy. I live in Central MS and do see chicken feet in some of the grocery stores. They have lots of flavor, so I hear.

MSUDawg13
05-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Haha, only in Louisiana or Mississippi does a possum get loose during a baseball game. Awesome

Little known factoid, the North American marsupial is actually opossum. However, the possum does exist as well hailing from Australia.

I'll show myself out, thanks.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:25 PM
A few games ago he was talking about going to see grandma and found some chicken feet in the gravy. I live in Central MS and do see chicken feet in some of the grocery stores. They have lots of flavor, so I hear.

It's amazing to me what some people will eat. Might be some sort of genetic holdover from Colonial times when they had to eat just about anything to survive. You even still see what appears to be pickled eggs in some small country stores, along with other disgusting things. But regarding eating a possum or squirrel ... I'd just as soon eat a rat.

CadaverDawg
05-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Little known factoid, the North American marsupial is actually opossum. However, the possum does exist as well hailing from Australia.

Haha, thanks. I knew the proper spelling was opossum, but as a Mississippi boy that has seen many "possums" in his day, and pronounces it "possum"...I just can't bring myself to spell it with an O at the beginning.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:26 PM

I knew it was opossum (or actually o'possum, isn't it?) but didn't know there's an actual animal legitimately named "possum".

DancingRabbit
05-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Maybe this guy lost one of his pets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chj_rNyVEAAKBeu.jpg

War Machine Dawg
05-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Haha, thanks. I knew the proper spelling was opossum, but as a Mississippi boy that has seen many "possums" in his day, and pronounces it "possum"...I just can't bring myself to spell it with an O at the beginning.

I just always assumed it was your typical Mississippi shortening of a word. Ya know, like "Missippi."

War Machine Dawg
05-07-2016, 10:35 PM
It's amazing to me what some people will eat. Might be some sort of genetic holdover from Colonial times when they had to eat just about anything to survive. You even still see what appears to be pickled eggs in some small country stores, along with other disgusting things. But regarding eating a possum or squirrel ... I'd just as soon eat a rat.

Squirrel is damn fine eating. Squirrel and dumplings is the tits.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:37 PM

I would politely decline an offer to partake.

MSUDawg13
05-07-2016, 10:38 PM
I knew it was opossum (or actually o'possum, isn't it?) but didn't know there's an actual animal legitimately named "possum".

http://writingexplained.org/opossum-vs-possum-difference

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Maybe this guy lost one of his pets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chj_rNyVEAAKBeu.jpg

He didn't exactly dress up for the game, huh? They must not have a dress code. Looks like maybe he hasn't had his monthly bath either, and his jeans have a few miles on them. And that could be a purple wife beater he's wearing. I'll bet that gal next to him in the red is a real beauty too ... got her sleeves rolled under to fully show off her flabby arms. Probably a pack of Camels under the left sleeve.

jbjones
05-07-2016, 10:43 PM
He didn't exactly dress up for the game, huh? They must not have a dress code. Looks like maybe he hasn't had his monthly bath either, and his jeans have a few miles on them. And that could be a purple wife beater he's wearing. I'll bet that gal next to him in the red is a real beauty too ... got her sleeves rolled under to fully show off her flabby arms. Probably a pack of Camels under the left sleeve.

No kidding...and she didn't shave either...I thought Northern Miss fans had some sort of a dress code?

MSUDawg13
05-07-2016, 10:44 PM

Pretty awesome neard he/she is sporting there too.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:47 PM
http://writingexplained.org/opossum-vs-possum-difference

Interesting. I suppose, given the highly educated and scientific makeup of members of this forum, we should from now on refer to the thing by its correct name, the "opossum". It doesn't make the animal any more attractive, but it does lend a hint of sophistication to any discussions thereof. I wonder which term the boys from UMiss use ... since they're essentially "Harvard' educated ....

the59dawg
05-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Tis good. Can't find it anymore. A litle coon in those dumplins ain't so bad either. Good flovor.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:50 PM
No kidding...and she didn't shave either...I thought Northern Miss fans had some sort of a dress code?

Ha. You're right ... "she" didn't shave. Or maybe its a shadow. Or could be he identifies as a she under the new laws .... Regardless, he/she is ugly as hell.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 11:08 PM
LSU is about to win the game in the bottom of the 9th.

Percho
05-07-2016, 11:08 PM
You could smell a skunk outside Dudy Noble today.

DownwardDawg
05-08-2016, 07:21 AM
I would politely decline an offer to partake.

Do you eat deer or rabbit? Squirrel is the best wild game you will ever eat. I'll eat squirrel over deer or rabbit any day!!!!

starkvegasdawg
05-08-2016, 08:24 AM

He's in a corn dog now.

dawgoneyall
05-08-2016, 10:13 AM

I can hear Mainieri saying today "This gumbo tastes different. What did you do?"

BTW...I have eaten possum. Once.

dawgoneyall
05-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Both marsupials but name is about the only thing they have in common. With a degree in Zoology I call it opossum just to differentiate and prevent confusing anyone thinking I am talking about George Jones.

trob115
05-08-2016, 12:53 PM

Fried is good too.

starkvegasdawg
05-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Squirrel gravy on some homemade biscuits.

Bully13
05-08-2016, 01:17 PM
I want no part of possum, squirrel or coon. I prefer to just let those animals be.

BulldogBear
05-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Squirrel gravy on some homemade biscuits.

I still like my tree rat battered and fried

DancingRabbit
05-08-2016, 04:27 PM
When I was a kid a buddy and I were out exploring and came upon a dead cow. We tapped the carcass with a stick and out comes a possum from the cow's ass area.

BTW, I've never eaten possum.

Eaten coon once or twice at a deer camp cook-out. Squirrel, rabbit and venison lots of times.

dawgoneyall
05-08-2016, 05:48 PM

They do....picture doesn't show the pink socks.

Duckdog
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM

Hell yes! Squirrel brains and grits for the win. Anybody trying to dog on pickled quail eggs isn't a man.