PDA

View Full Version : Ok- 2 weeks left for a run at the West title

Coach34
05-07-2016, 08:30 PM
State- Auburn and UPig....We have to go 5-1...gets us to 20-10 and assures a national seed. We still get a national seed with 4-2 making us 19-11 in the SEC- but it would be better not to give the Committee any ammunition to take a team over us because of SEC complaints from the rest of the country. 3-3 with some more bad losses and we got problems

A&M- leads by a game and a half- so we have to pick up 2 games. @SC and home to Ole Missus. 3-3 gives us the West. Them losing 2 at SC and then 1 to OM is entirely possible

Ole Missus- @Georgia, Kentucky, @A&M- they lose the tiebreak to us- so with our 5-1 it would take 7-0 to finish for them. Not gonna happen. We need them to beat A&M once though.

Taog Redloh
05-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Would rather OM lose. Eff the SEC title of we are a national seed.

IMissJack
05-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Better not take Arkansas lightly either. They are sneaky good.

beretta
05-07-2016, 08:51 PM

amen to that. sneaky good like bama. don't take them lightly.

smootness
05-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I get that we would have to finish ahead of A&M to get the higher SECT seed, but in reality, we still share the West title if we tie them.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 09:38 PM
State- Auburn and UPig....We have to go 5-1...gets us to 20-10 and assures a national seed. We still get a national seed with 4-2 making us 19-11 in the SEC- but it would be better not to give the Committee any ammunition to take a team over us because of SEC complaints from the rest of the country. 3-3 with some more bad losses and we got problems

A&M- leads by a game and a half- so we have to pick up 2 games. @SC and home to Ole Missus. 3-3 gives us the West. Them losing 2 at SC and then 1 to OM is entirely possible

Ole Missus- @Georgia, Kentucky, @A&M- they lose the tiebreak to us- so with our 5-1 it would take 7-0 to finish for them. Not gonna happen. We need them to beat A&M once though.

Would it be better if they take two from A&M? Or would that put them in contention too? Certainly don't want that to happen.

nsvltndog
05-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Top 4 SEC teams get a bye in the tourney. Winner of East, Winner of West + next 2 best. 3 teams from 1 division can get byes. If season ended today we would be #4 seed.

Todd4State
05-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Would it be better if they take two from A&M? Or would that put them in contention too? Certainly don't want that to happen.

IMO- it would be better and it's probably more likely for South Carolina to take two from them. I say that because Ole Miss plays them in College Station.

I can't see Ole Miss winning that series even though they are hot right now. They are a different team on the road compared to Oxford even though they have played well at UGA this weekend.

I would have to say that if Ole Miss wins the UK and A&M series, they would have to be in contention for a National Seed. Although in that scenario really the only impressive series wins Ole Miss would have would be over Louisville who has been notoriously bad on the road, LSU at home, and A&M on the road. Compared to A&M which has a road series win over us, LSU, Vanderbilt and then their series against South Carolina pending at this point in time. It would certainly make for an interesting discussion in the selection committee room.

dickiedawg
05-07-2016, 10:24 PM
By my math, our E# for both the West and the SEC is five. So any combination of Texas A&M wins + MSU losses eliminates us from winning the west outright. Same with South Carolina and the overall title.
The best we can finish is with 21 wins- and either A&M or USC (or UF) would beat us if they also finish with 21.
That makes our Magic Number 8 for A&M and 9 for SC.

So our margin for error is razor thin. I don't think A&M will sweep USC or UM, so winning out likely gives us the West or 5-1 likely gives us a "share" at least.

Todd4State
05-07-2016, 10:32 PM
By my math, our E# for both the West and the SEC is five. So any combination of Texas A&M wins + MSU losses eliminates us from winning the west outright. Same with South Carolina and the overall title.
The best we can finish is with 21 wins- and either A&M or USC (or UF) would beat us if they also finish with 21.
That makes our Magic Number 8 for A&M and 9 for SC.

So our margin for error is razor thin. I don't think A&M will sweep USC or UM, so winning out likely gives us the West or 5-1 likely gives us a "share" at least.

If we happen to finish tied with Florida (won't happen anyway because UF is going to play one less game than us) we should be the champion by virtue of our series win over them on the road.

the59dawg
05-07-2016, 11:02 PM

At least we don't have to play on that turf field at Arky

Jack Lambert
05-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Would rather OM lose. Eff the SEC title of we are a national seed.

I'm with you however those lucky bastard might dick around and win that series but lose to KY.

scottycameron
05-08-2016, 08:44 AM
If we finish second in the west behind A&M but still finish strong, we still have an excellent shot at a national seed, correct? What are the thoughts on the SEC and national seeds? 4? I'm with the other poster, most important prize down the stretch is getting a national seed. We get that you can start planning for Omaha again.