PDA

View Full Version : Some comments from another little birdie at the scrimmage

Coach34
08-18-2013, 10:30 AM
sent to me today:

Coach, I was at the scrimmage. I saw your notes and I have some observations of my own. Feel free to post them.

The offense is not as far behind the defense as some people seem to think, but it does need to be more consistent.
It's easy to see Jones awesome talent, but he still gets knocked around some also. He is not some manchild out there kicking ass and taking names only.
The pass pro looks better than the run-blocking to me on a consistent basis.
LB is easily the best position group on this team, defensive end I think is 2nd, running back 3rd, and maybe guard or QB 4th
Quay is slowly showing why he was highly-rated
We have 8 guys that can play on the OL which should be enough
Wilson has no idea how good he could really be. How we got this guy I'll never know. Everybody should have recruited him
Look for Market to be a pleasant surprise on defense
Dak has closed the gap alot between him and Russell. His light has flipped on.

Thanks Coach and keep up the good work with the site

Jsndawg
08-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Wilson? Is that Derunya Wilson that he speaks of?

Coach34
08-18-2013, 10:59 AM

that would be my guess

Jsndawg
08-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Just the first time I've heard his name since camp started

Jsndawg
08-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Just the first time I've heard his name since camp started

KennyPowers2
08-18-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm excited about a good basketball player that doubles as a WR. Good basketball players are superior athletes, they can run, jump, catch, great hand eye coordination. I don't know why we don't see more of this.

ckDOG
08-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm excited about a good basketball player that doubles as a WR. Good basketball players are superior athletes, they can run, jump, catch, great hand eye coordination. I don't know why we don't see more of this.

A lot of those guys hate contact. That's my only explanation.

FlabLoser
08-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Wonder if Wilson can block FGs like Michael Gholer did.

msstate7
08-18-2013, 12:31 PM

I wonder if Wilson outgrows wr and into a te

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 12:40 PM
we need some guys to step up on special teams this year. that's going to be one of the wildcards for the season. If we can out pressure on kickers, get good returns, and consistently give ourselves good field position it could be the difference between 6 wins and 8 wins.

FlabLoser
08-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Lewis is a really good return guy. He'll be on KR guy. Who is the other KR going to be?

I never understood putting LDP back there. He isn't going to break anything and he usually starts the next play on offense.

Johnson85
08-18-2013, 01:05 PM
A lot of those guys hate contact. That's my only explanation.

I'm sure that's some of it, but I also think you can't do both without it negatively impacting your development. I think you can have an athlete like Matt Jones come in and be a physical presence or defensive stopper, but it's hard to be a skilled basketball player if you're giving up part of the off season for football. And if you're such a freakish athlete that you can go out there and be skilled at basketball and a good WR, you should either be good enough at basketball that you shouldn't be risking injury in football, or you're athletic enough that you really should be focusing on getting to the pros in football rather than being pretty good at both.

Just going to be very few people that don't want to focus on their best shot at getting paid.

Coach34
08-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Wilson is a 6'5 post player- ill be surprised if he even tries to play basketball

msstate7
08-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Wilson is a 6'5 post player- ill be surprised if he even tries to play basketball

Maybe he's the next Charles Barkley.

bgdog
08-18-2013, 01:57 PM
So what's up with nick james and quay evans I had really high expectations for both. I hear Quay is starting to stand out a bit but they still seem a bit behind. Am I the one that's off?

Dawg61
08-18-2013, 02:15 PM
That's way taller than Phil Turner**

CadaverDawg
08-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Maybe he's the next Charles Barkley.

Ha, Wilson is far from being a round mound of anything. He would be like a 6'5 Jarvis Varnado size wise.

I hope he throws everything he has into being a football player and becomes a stud WR. In a few years it would be great to have him outside and Ross inside, both having big play potential.