PDA

View Full Version : Terrible news: Student dies in fall at DWS

BeastMan
05-07-2016, 08:32 AM
http://www.wtva.com/news/MSU_student_dies_in_fall_from_Jumbotron.html

Prayers to the families. Jeez that's awful. Every time a story like that comes up it makes me question all the dumb decisions I made at that age and realize what a blessing life is.

Frexzell
05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
No doubt. I am lucky to be alive.

LeakyD
05-07-2016, 08:59 AM
I jumped the train from Starkville to West Point my sophomore year. Super dumb. Caught the caboose and jumped a few cars up. It was going pretty fast when I jumped off. Never did it again. Most of us get away with some stupid decisions.

MrKotter
05-07-2016, 09:00 AM
No doubt. I am lucky to be alive.

This isn't about you, champ

Frexzell
05-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the update. I was agreeing with the original post. Awful news.

Saltydog
05-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I could easily see a lawsuit arising out of this though. Read the third from the bottom paragraph.

http://www.wtva.com/news/MSU_student_dies_in_fall_from_Jumbotron.html

DownwardDawg
05-07-2016, 09:16 AM

Relax. There will probably be many more posts like this and stories told. It reminds us of the terrible decisions that many of us made at some time in our lives and that we need to really talk with our teenage kids.

Terrible, terrible tragedy for this family.

BrunswickDawg
05-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Relax. There will probably be many more posts like this and stories told. It reminds us of the terrible decisions that many of us made at some time in our lives and that we need to really talk with our teenage kids.

Terrible, terrible tragedy for this family.
It is your greatest fear as a parent - that a split second decision about an idea that "sounds like fun" results in a tragedy like this. When you see stories like this, you reflect on the similar decisions you have made that didn't end that way, and give thanks and pray your kids are as lucky as you were.

Prayer for the students family - and the guys who were with him. It will effect then for the rest of their lives.

BeastMan
05-07-2016, 10:05 AM
It is your greatest fear as a parent - that a split second decision about an idea that "sounds like fun" results in a tragedy like this. When you see stories like this, you reflect on the similar decisions you have made that didn't end that way, and give thanks and pray your kids are as lucky as you were.

Prayer for the students family - and the guys who were with him. It will effect then for the rest of their lives.

I'm not a parent but that's exactly what I was trying to convey. Good post.

BulldogBear
05-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Exactly. That kid looks a lot like my son, who is 19. I pray every day that he won't make stupid decisions and for God's protection. I'm hurting for this family.

Apoplectic
05-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Prayers sent to the family! I frequently thank the Good Lord for his favor during my crazy times. The ladder of that dew soaked water tower could have easily been my demise.

It_Could_Happen
05-07-2016, 11:04 AM
It's so sad that it has to come to this for them to stop letting people get up there. I'm a senior and they've been doing that since before I was in school... Prayers for the family.

ScreenCaptureThis
05-07-2016, 11:44 AM
How do they get up there? From pictures I can't see a ladder on any side of the Jumbotron.

Outside Dawg
05-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

Frexzell
05-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Yes. Exactly. You nailed it. My son is a sophomore at MSU and hearing this awful news just brings it close to home. Awful news for the family and prayers go to them.

It_Could_Happen
05-07-2016, 12:19 PM
How do they get up there? From pictures I can't see a ladder on any side of the Jumbotron.

I've never done it but know people that have. There is a door that is always unlocked that leads to a staircase to the top,

SailingDawg
05-07-2016, 01:04 PM
My son sails on the high school team with the deceased's brother. Sweet, sweet family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.

SheltonChoked
05-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Horrible.

Good thing we never did anything stupid, Brunswick. ****

BrunswickDawg
05-07-2016, 02:10 PM
Horrible.

Good thing we never did anything stupid, Brunswick. ****
No doubt. I had a flashback of almost falling from the trestle over the Tombigbee on a night time adventure after a night at The Club.

Saltydog
05-07-2016, 02:22 PM
nt

sleepy dawg
05-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Terrible news. Thoughts go out to the family and friends.

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 02:45 PM
I heard about that earlier this morning on a phone news bulletin while I was on the golf course. My first thought was ... what was he doing up there? Then I thought perhaps he might have been part of a work party or something ... but then I realized that odds were he was doing it as part of a stunt. The bulletin said he fell 18 feet, but the video screen is much higher than that.

It's sad news indeed. I really hate hearing things like that where a young life is so needlessly lost. My thoughts are prayers are with the family ... it's a parent's worst nightmare to hear news like that.

SailingDawg
05-07-2016, 05:02 PM
No doubt. I had a flashback of almost falling from the trestle over the Tombigbee on a night time adventure after a night at The Club.

Well we certainly crossed paths a few times over the years!

Taog Redloh
05-07-2016, 08:51 PM

What a prick. Guy wasn't trying to draw attention to himself, asswipe.