PDA

View Full Version : We picked up a game on A&M tonight.

HSVDawg
05-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Lets go dawgs and go dores tomorrow so we can head to the final 2 weekends tied for 1st place in the West.

Jack Lambert
05-06-2016, 10:01 PM
With them holding the tie breaker it is going to be hard to win the West.

AlmostPositive
05-06-2016, 10:04 PM
A&M has to play USC away and OM at home... if Vandy wins tomorrow there's about a 75% chance we at least tie for the West...obviously need to finish one game ahead to win it.

Coach34
05-06-2016, 10:04 PM
now 14- 9 with our dream of 20 SEC wins still a reality. Need Pilk to throw a good 5 tomorrow. We get tomorrow and we are 15-9 with UPig and Auburn left.

20 SEC wins would be an outstanding job

MSUDawg13
05-06-2016, 10:09 PM
I think if we win tomorrow and Vandy is able to pull out another win, then we would be the favorites to win the West. A&M still has 2 very tough series, where 4-2 would be quite a feat. I would be disappointed if we finish 4-2 with Auburn and Arky left.

HSVDawg
05-06-2016, 10:10 PM

Even though A&M would get the higher seed for Hoover, we'd still go down in the conference record books as co-champs if we finished tied. Since we have exactly zero conference titles since 1989 and no division titles ever, I'd certainly have no problems claiming a co-championship.

Homedawg
05-06-2016, 10:41 PM

Wrong. There is no tie breaker. They would be the higher seed in the tourney because of tie breaker, but if we finish w equal records we share the west title.

Homedawg
05-06-2016, 10:42 PM
I think if we win tomorrow and Vandy is able to pull out another win, then we would be the favorites to win the West. A&M still has 2 very tough series, where 4-2 would be quite a feat. I would be disappointed if we finish 4-2 with Auburn and Arky left.

Auburn rally swings the bats- can't pitch for crap, but they hit well. I'll take 2 of 3 from them now and not play.

wasabaka
05-06-2016, 11:58 PM
What really sucks is we could be tied with aTm right now had the debacle in Game 2 hadn't happened last weekend in Tuscaloosa. Not picking that game up may hurt us in the end. Hopefully, aTm continues to regress to the mean while we face the weak part of our SEC schedule.

chainedup_Dawg
05-07-2016, 12:11 AM
What really sucks is we could be tied with aTm right now had the debacle in Game 2 hadn't happened last weekend in Tuscaloosa. Not picking that game up may hurt us in the end. Hopefully, aTm continues to regress to the mean while we face the weak part of our SEC schedule.

I like this team but we just dont have a killer/attack mentality. 3rd game against UGA & OM and 2nd game against AL and we are cruising right now

wasabaka
05-07-2016, 12:21 AM
I like this team but we just dont have a killer/attack mentality. 3rd game against UGA & OM and 2nd game against AL and we are cruising right now

That's true. Maybe this weekend and the next two will help this team develop a killer instinct going into the postseason. That would be huge. We HAVE to sweep tomorrow or that isn't a possibility.

Jack Lambert
05-07-2016, 12:23 AM
Wrong. There is no tie breaker. They would be the higher seed in the tourney because of tie breaker, but if we finish w equal records we share the west title.

Same effect.

drunkernhelldawg
05-07-2016, 12:38 AM
I'd love to be conference champs but ain't counting on it. Those last two series are a mountain to climb. Hope we can win em both. Would like sweeps even more, but how much gravy comes with this plate?

AlmostPositive
05-07-2016, 01:06 AM
I'd love to be conference champs but ain't counting on it. Those last two series are a mountain to climb. Hope we can win em both. Would like sweeps even more, but how much gravy comes with this plate?

We are one game behind A&M with a much easier schedule. They have 7 games against top 12 teams left... we have none. I would say the odds favor us substantially

drunkernhelldawg
05-07-2016, 07:22 AM
We are one game behind A&M with a much easier schedule. They have 7 games against top 12 teams left... we have none. I would say the odds favor us substantially

Haven't studied the rosters but just generally believe that bad teams often step up at the end of the season. Also, only a few plays between winning and losing in many games. Not saying we won't do it; just saying that it's a big job. Baseball being "a game of inches" and all.

starkvegasdawg
05-07-2016, 07:31 AM
I'll be the downer. If we finish tied I can't claim a co championship since they have head to head. To me that puts them #1. If I make fun of tsun for claiming co champ wth LSU in football then I won't claim it here when we don't have the tie breaker. Just like the Highlander...there can be only one.

AlmostPositive
05-07-2016, 07:34 AM
If Vandy wins today, which is a 50-50 proposition, and we beat MO, which is at least 75% likely, the odds of winning the SECW would undeniably be in our favor.

engie
05-07-2016, 07:42 AM

If we won every game we would be perfect

engie
05-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Yet no one makes fun of the SECChampions banner hanging in Swayze from 09

Schultzy
05-07-2016, 08:02 AM
I think a&m will win the CWS this year, nobody hits it like them. That said, we are definitely one of the top 8 teams in the country as well.

If we can make it to Omaha this bunch could make a run bc of the emergence of Mangum.

BulldogBear
05-07-2016, 08:17 AM
I'll be the downer. If we finish tied I can't claim a co championship since they have head to head. To me that puts them #1. If I make fun of tsun for claiming co champ wth LSU in football then I won't claim it here when we don't have the tie breaker. Just like the Highlander...there can be only one.

Same here. If you're not reaping the winner's reward you didn't win jack!

drunkernhelldawg
05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
If we can claim a championship, we need to claim it. There's no such thing as too many championship banners. Plus, if we tie for the championship, we have earned that tie.

State82
05-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I think a&m will win the CWS this year, nobody hits it like them. That said, we are definitely one of the top 8 teams in the country as well.

If we can make it to Omaha this bunch could make a run bc of the emergence of Mangum.

I said the same thing after watching them pummel us three days in a row. They were my pick to win the whole thing.

starkvegasdawg
05-07-2016, 09:31 AM
If we can claim a championship, we need to claim it. There's no such thing as too many championship banners. Plus, if we tie for the championship, we have earned that tie.
Then we might as well hand out bowl participation rings in blowout losses, too.

basedog
05-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Then we might as well hand out bowl participation rings in blowout losses, too.

Come on, if we are tied for 1st then we are co-champions, the difference is only in seedlings. Aggies would have lost to teams we beat such as Florida, you don't diminish being tied as "You can't claim being co-camps as a title".

Hell yeah put a banner up and give the guys rings, they would have deserved it!

IMissJack
05-07-2016, 09:45 AM
I said the same thing after watching them pummel us three days in a row. They were my pick to win the whole thing.

FL made A&M look silly, and we took 2/3 from FL so I don't concede they are unbeatable. We could hit better than UCLA last time we were at CWS, but they beat us because of small ball and 2 top notch pitchers. I believe good pitching beats good hitting in the tourney. That is what scares me about the tourney our pitching depth.

starkvegasdawg
05-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Come on, if we are tied for 1st then we are co-champions, the difference is only in seedlings. Aggies would have lost to teams we beat such as Florida, you don't diminish being tied as "You can't claim being co-camps as a title".

Hell yeah put a banner up and give the guys rings, they would have deserved it!

If that's the case then we could never make fun of tsun for their sec west co champ banner in football.

djaymsu5
05-07-2016, 09:48 AM

A&M will choke like they do every year. They fold when the going gets tough. We just don't match up well with them. We may not have beat them but we beat the team that did beat them so with a little help if a team that matches up better with them plays them and knocks them out we have a chance to make a deep run if we can stay healthy

basedog
05-07-2016, 01:38 PM
If that's the case then we could never make fun of tsun for their sec west co champ banner in football.

I could care less what they do or other schools, nothing wrong acknowledging accomplishments.

As years go by most want even remember who we beat or who beat us. Hang the banner, put it in the record books and buy the players ring!

MarketingBully
05-07-2016, 01:51 PM

A&M won't even make it to Omaha much less win it.

MarketingBully
05-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Haven't studied the rosters but just generally believe that bad teams often step up at the end of the season. Also, only a few plays between winning and losing in many games. Not saying we won't do it; just saying that it's a big job. Baseball being "a game of inches" and all.

Missouri also had won 4 of their last 5 before playing us. Would you rather be playing USC and Ole Miss to close out the season? Come on....

drunkernhelldawg
05-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Missouri also had won 4 of their last 5 before playing us. Would you rather be playing USC and Ole Miss to close out the season? Come on....

I like our chances, but the games won't win themselves.

MarketingBully
05-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Heck, it could come down to Ole Miss and us tied for the SECW. I don't think A&M wins the series against USC since it is a road series and that final weekend could decide it between us, Ole Miss, and A&M.

Coach34
05-07-2016, 02:52 PM

There is no "co-champion"...either you win it or you dont. Thats why there is a tiebreaker.

HSVDawg
05-07-2016, 03:32 PM
There is no "co-champion"...either you win it or you dont. Thats why there is a tiebreaker.

The SEC's official record book says otherwise.

shannondawg
05-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Speaking of that a one run home run by the aggies at bottom of fifth to take the lead 1-0