PDA

View Full Version : Lane Burroughs

engie
05-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Quietly has gotten Northwestern State into position to make a regional this year and inside the RPI top 50. Has a big series on the road against Tommy Raffo this weekend. Speaking of Raffo -- Arky St is outside the top 100 again for the 4th time in 5 years. This is his 8th year there and they have not been to regionals. Came fairly close once.

basedog
05-06-2016, 08:15 AM
Good baseball tradition and it's not an easy place to find or I should say drive to.

BB30
05-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Lane Burroughs is a great coach and will do well where ever he lands.

maroonmania
05-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Daniel Garner is playing for Burroughs over there now.

Tbonewannabe
05-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Quietly has gotten Northwestern State into position to make a regional this year and inside the RPI top 50. Has a big series on the road against Tommy Raffo this weekend. Speaking of Raffo -- Arky St is outside the top 100 again for the 4th time in 5 years. This is his 8th year there and they have not been to regionals. Came fairly close once.

Raffo always seemed like a good coach but you have to recruit well. How well is Ark St recruiting? I would think Ark St is the 2nd best option in Arkansas but I could be wrong.

Coursesuper
05-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Raffo always seemed like a good coach but you have to recruit well. How well is Ark St recruiting? I would think Ark St is the 2nd best option in Arkansas but I could be wrong.

It's not even the second option in Ark, 3rd at the best. Central Ark is ahead.

Tbonewannabe
05-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Daniel Garner is playing for Burroughs over there now.

Good deal, nice to see him find a good team to play for. Not sure if he could have beat out Cole Gordon for the reserve spot.

engie
05-06-2016, 09:02 AM
I agree that he's a good coach. And his players love him well beyond their playing days. But he was never going to recruit at a high level, just like he wasn't when he could have saved Polk's image in his 2nd run at MSU when they were recruiting out of the baseball camp. Dan McDonnell went to Louisville two years before Raffo went to Arky St. It's easy to forget now that they were in a terrible baseball league at the time and had only ever made regionals once in their history when he arrived there. That's what we were/are up against. Hiring Raffo at the time would have been a disaster, and it's almost unfathomable that Polk can not/will not see it.