PDA

View Full Version : The Danger of Lawsuits - Penn State edition

BrunswickDawg
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
A lesson for our friends up North -

The "other shoe" just dropped against PSU and Jo Pa - http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html
http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-reveals-joe-paterno-reportedly-knew-of-je-1775014993
PSU knew since 1976. Let that sink in OM. You never know what will turn up in the discover phase.

ETA - I hope those ****ers roast in hell for covering up that shit.

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 08:19 PM
I swear I always thought there was something creepy about Joe Pa. I never could put my finger on it. All those years he was worshiped by the press I just couldn't do it. I guess gut feelings do sometimes turn out to be right.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 08:25 PM
If there are statues of Paterno on campus, they need to come down. Now.

starkvegasdawg
05-05-2016, 08:32 PM
All the pain, suffering, and embarrassment and those sick bastards covered it up all for the sake of football.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 08:38 PM
yeah.. We can laugh at Ole Miss because its just football, but Penn State was heart of darkness stuff

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 08:46 PM
What they got from the NCAA wasn't nearly enough. That place should have been forever banned from the NCAA. If I was the NAIA I wouldn't have taken them either. Anytime some Big Ten homer starts up on the SEC just ask them why PSU is still a member.

RocketDawg
05-05-2016, 09:08 PM
If there are statues of Paterno on campus, they need to come down. Now.

Weren't they all (if there was more than one) removed shortly after the whole thing played out a few years ago?

Jack Lambert
05-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I swear I always thought there was something creepy about Joe Pa. I never could put my finger on it. All those years he was worshiped by the press I just couldn't do it. I guess gut feelings do sometimes turn out to be right.

What other then his 1960's looks, white short sleeve shirt, black tie, black shoes, greasy hair combed back like he's the lead singer for Sha Na Na, birth control glasses and a wind breaker to top it off.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Weren't they all (if there was more than one) removed shortly after the whole thing played out a few years ago?

Don't know if this happened...looks like it was off campus.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10828351/joe-paterno-honored-new-statue-state-college-pennsylvania

mcain31
05-05-2016, 09:20 PM
That is just sickening

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 09:22 PM
What other then his 1960's looks, white short sleeve shirt, black tie, black shoes, greasy hair combed back like he's the lead singer for Sha Na Na, birth control glasses and a wind breaker to top it off.

I really don't know. I remember other guys that looked like him. They weren't that uncommon in the 70s. My unease with him dates to the 70s. It had nothing to do with Jackie.

Jack Lambert
05-05-2016, 09:26 PM
I really don't know. I remember other guys that looked like him. They weren't that uncommon in the 70s. My unease with him dates to the 70s. It had nothing to do with Jackie.

He should have been put out to pasture years ago.

M.Fillmore
05-05-2016, 09:36 PM
He should have been castrated years ago.

FIFY

sleepy dawg
05-05-2016, 11:40 PM
A lesson for our friends up North -

The "other shoe" just dropped against PSU and Jo Pa - http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05/court_filing_says_joe_paterno.html
http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-reveals-joe-paterno-reportedly-knew-of-je-1775014993
PSU knew since 1976. Let that sink in OM. You never know what will turn up in the discover phase.

ETA - I hope those ****ers roast in hell for covering up that shit.

...And to top it off, they had all their remaining punishments from all of that revoked this past year if I remember correctly. Sandusky was running a little boy sex ring through the university. It wasn't just 1 or 2 times, and it wasn't just Sandusky... of course Joe knew.

TUSK
05-06-2016, 12:40 AM

yes, however, the NCAA withdrew some of the penalties and scholly reductions... Joe Pa supporters were already arranging to put the old statue back in place and add new ones....

Drugs Delaney
05-06-2016, 05:34 AM
Hummm, and this was the guy couldn't " leave college football in the hands of Jackie Sherrill"

TUSK
05-07-2016, 09:40 PM
yikes! this keeps gettin worse and worse....

http://deadspin.com/cnn-sandusky-victim-says-joe-paterno-ordered-him-to-dr-1775315000

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 09:55 PM
yes, however, the NCAA withdrew some of the penalties and scholly reductions... Joe Pa supporters were already arranging to put the old statue back in place and add new ones....

I don't know if the NCAA can impose sanctions because of criminal activity, or do they just punish violations of NCAA regs. I suspect it's the latter. If so, they pretty much have their hands tied ... they might like to lower the boom, but can't. I doubt there are any NCAA rules against running "little boy sex rings". Who would have ever anticipated the need?

TUSK
05-07-2016, 09:57 PM
I don't know if the NCAA can impose sanctions because of criminal activity, or do they just punish violations of NCAA regs. I suspect it's the latter. If so, they pretty much have their hands tied ... they might like to lower the boom, but can't. I doubt there are any NCAA rules against running "little boy sex rings". Who would have ever anticipated the need?

they (the NCAA) fined PSU $60 Mil over this....

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:04 PM
yikes! this keeps gettin worse and worse....

http://deadspin.com/cnn-sandusky-victim-says-joe-paterno-ordered-him-to-dr-1775315000

Could it be possible that Paterno found what the kid (doing the math, was 15 at the time) was telling him was so outlandish that he didn't believe him, and felt sure that he was trying to extort money from the University? Maybe. But it's difficult to believe that something like that could go on for over 40 years without Paterno and everybody else in the football program, and even the Penn State administration, not knowing about it, or at least suspect something deviant was going on.

Reason2succeed
05-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Disgusting!

RocketDawg
05-07-2016, 10:07 PM
they (the NCAA) fined PSU $60 Mil over this....

Was it strictly because of the situation, or was the fine tied to violation of regulations? I honestly don't remember. I suppose they could say the criminal activity discredited the NCAA (which would be an obvious understatement).

Mutt the Hoople
05-08-2016, 06:35 AM
However, compared to what Penn State did to those little boys, the Bears almost seem pristine. Allowing coaches to rape little boys in the showers of the Athletic facilities is the definition of "lack of institutional control ".

Dawgface
05-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Could it be possible that Paterno found what the kid (doing the math, was 15 at the time) was telling him was so outlandish that he didn't believe him, and felt sure that he was trying to extort money from the University?[/B] Maybe. But it's difficult to believe that something like that could go on for over 40 years without Paterno and everybody else in the football program, and even the Penn State administration, not knowing about it, or at least suspect something deviant was going on.

If that was the first time Paterno heard of such a claim, I could see that. But as you said.....how could you not suspect something over the next 40 years.

scottycameron
05-08-2016, 08:36 AM
However, compared to what Penn State did to those little boys, the Bears almost seem pristine. Allowing coaches to rape little boys in the showers of the Athletic facilities is the definition of "lack of institutional control ".

Slow your roll on the pristine crap. Gay Pride weekend is going on up on the plantation as we speak. Looks like birds of a feather to me. Sickos.

cheewgumm
05-08-2016, 09:09 AM
I wish ESPN and all the others wouldn't allow Joe Pa Jr. to try and rewrite history, or at least challenge him on it, while he's making this radio tour.

dawgs
05-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Slow your roll on the pristine crap. Gay Pride weekend is going on up on the plantation as we speak. Looks like birds of a feather to me. Sickos.

Being gay and being a pedophile are completely different things, bigot.

AlmostPositive
05-08-2016, 01:49 PM
You should only say good things about any group that the political Left wants to pander to. Otherwise bigotry is just fine.

BulldogBear
05-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Being gay and being a pedophile are completely different things, bigot.

This is true....

You should only say good things about any group that the political Left wants to pander to. Otherwise bigotry is just fine.

...but so is this and the way the left and the LGBT bullies and discriminates is just as much as BS

dotcomdawg
05-08-2016, 08:46 PM
In the end it looks like Jackie Sherrill didn't want to leave college football to the Joe Paternos of the world

dawgs
05-09-2016, 12:43 PM

Um, equating homosexuality to pedophilia is a bit more than not only saying good things about a group. That's being ignorant and bigoted. There is nothing more libertarian than letting consenting adults do what they want to each other in a bedroom, which is what is simultaneously hilarious and frustrating when modern conservatives try to paint themselves as libertarian and small government while passing legislation limiting the rights of homosexuals. There is a huge logic disconnect there.

And don't quote bible verses, because folks that have pre-marital sex, cheat on spouses, eat shellfish, etc. are not attacked politically and through legislation the way homosexuals are. If you don't want to have a homosexual relationship, then don't do it, but just because they like to **** another consenting adult of a different gender than the gender you prefer doesn't mean we should take away their rights, legislate against them, or equate them with raping, molesting, and taking advantage of children.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-09-2016, 12:58 PM

well damn I was just starting to think they moved scottycameron to a nursing home without internet access. those male nurse sponge baths must be stirring up some confusing emotions, thus the need to lash out.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
05-09-2016, 01:23 PM
There is nothing more libertarian than letting consenting adults do what they want to each other in a bedroom, which is what is simultaneously hilarious and frustrating when modern conservatives try to paint themselves as libertarian and small government while passing legislation limiting the rights of homosexuals. There is a huge logic disconnect there.

i also love how this group crows about the victim culture & condemns minority groups for portraying themselves as victims, but in the same sentence will whine and cry about being victimized by the media & by minority groups seeking equal rights

you have to really feel sorry for these people whose right to discriminate is being discriminated against. there must be something we can do to help the victims.. oh yeah more legislation & farther reaching government should do the trick!

AlmostPositive
05-09-2016, 01:49 PM
If you opine against, say, gay scoutmasters, you will be pilloried, you may lose your job. Ditto for simply being against homosexual marriage. If you rail against white police officers or Mississippi educators, exactly nothing will happen to you.

When liberals condemn the Catholic child molestation scandal, they were happy to smear Catholic priests generally, not homosexuals, who comprised 90% of the offenders.

Most average people are weary of the media and popular culture and Democrats and liberals weaponizing race and gender and immigration concerns. It is unprincipled and dishonest.

dawgs
05-09-2016, 04:39 PM
If you opine against, say, gay scoutmasters, you will be pilloried, you may lose your job. Ditto for simply being against homosexual marriage. If you rail against white police officers or Mississippi educators, exactly nothing will happen to you.

When liberals condemn the Catholic child molestation scandal, they were happy to smear Catholic priests generally, not homosexuals, who comprised 90% of the offenders.

Most average people are weary of the media and popular culture and Democrats and liberals weaponizing race and gender and immigration concerns. It is unprincipled and dishonest.

Can I get a link that 90% of Catholic priest child molesters were gay? Thanks.

And the reason the entire Catholic Church was smeared was because the institution itself covered up for the child molesting priests. It's the same reason penn st and paterno catch, caught, and will continue to catch blame for the Sandusky situation, because the program and paterno at best ignored the accusations and at worst actively covered them up. If Sandusky had been discovered molesting kids and paterno and the university acted appropriately, then no one would blame the whole program or paterno, they'd focus the anger on Sandusky. Instead there is plenty of anger to go around with Sandusky, paterno, and the penn st program.

AlmostPositive
05-09-2016, 05:08 PM
Can I get a link that 90% of Catholic priest child molesters were gay? Thanks.

And the reason the entire Catholic Church was smeared was because the institution itself covered up for the child molesting priests. It's the same reason penn st and paterno catch, caught, and will continue to catch blame for the Sandusky situation, because the program and paterno at best ignored the accusations and at worst actively covered them up. If Sandusky had been discovered molesting kids and paterno and the university acted appropriately, then no one would blame the whole program or paterno, they'd focus the anger on Sandusky. Instead there is plenty of anger to go around with Sandusky, paterno, and the penn st program.

Google it. Or you can remain uninformed if you wish.

dawgs
05-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Google it. Or you can remain uninformed if you wish.

You are clearly misinformed. There's no statistical evidence that gay people molest children at a higher rate than those that identify as straight. Furthermore, still finding nothing from anything except a Christian blog spouting a similar number but with no proof to support it. The problem is you think anyone molesting little boys is gay and doing it out of their gayness which is not true.

A true sign of someone pulling shit out of their ass is when they cite a statistic, then when you question said statistic, the response is "look it up yourself".