PDA

View Full Version : To take a break from Ole Miss, we've got our hands full with Houck and Mcclain.....

Taog Redloh
05-05-2016, 04:39 PM
ERAs aren't stellar but they are as good as Hudson and Sexton, with a few more strikeouts. Typically I'd say we should be selective and run their pitch counts up, but I think I might go with Coinz strategy here and attack them. These guys are good enough to throw well over 100 pitches.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
We should be noticeably better at almost every position, but it is baseball and with an ace on the mound anything can happen. I'll be disappointed if we don't sweep.. might be the difference between a national seed and just hosting.

CadaverDawg
05-05-2016, 04:46 PM
If Hudson doesn't get it together starting with Mizzou, we could easily lose tonight

engie
05-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Hudson has one of his best outings of the year tonight.

HSVDawg
05-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Mizzou is 0-12 against the RPI Top 50. We should expect nothing less than a sweep this weekend.

msstate7
05-05-2016, 07:21 PM

So far he's looking good and I'm extremely happy to see it

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Missouri will be lucky to keep any of these three games close for a few innings.

Saltydog
05-05-2016, 08:19 PM
absolutely great stuff.

State82
05-05-2016, 08:47 PM

You called it dude.

War Machine Dawg
05-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Yeah.....about that.....Goat is wrong aGAIN. Shocker.****

Taog Redloh
05-05-2016, 10:15 PM

Describe how exactly I was wrong.

engie
05-05-2016, 10:32 PM
You called it dude.

You can tell a lot from bullpens during the week. While a game situation can't be replicated and certain guys will go mental -- confidence, movement, jump, velocity call all be measured beforehand, and someone that's seen a lot of it can measure likelihood of results pretty successfully off that. I thought that he had hit a midseason wall the past couple of weeks but changed my mind after this week's bullpen reports. We are primed for the stretch run. Need one or two more guys to grow a pair in the bullpen and ideally one more MIF to regain health. If Brown steps up -- we are going to have to stop ourselves because no one in the country will stop us.

messageboardsuperhero
05-05-2016, 10:49 PM
You can tell a lot from bullpens during the week. While a game situation can't be replicated and certain guys will go mental -- confidence, movement, jump, velocity call all be measured beforehand, and someone that's seen a lot of it can measure likelihood of results pretty successfully off that. I thought that he had hit a midseason wall the past couple of weeks but changed my mind after this week's bullpen reports. We are primed for the stretch run. Need one or two more guys to grow a pair in the bullpen and ideally one more MIF to regain health. If Brown steps up -- we are going to have to stop ourselves because no one in the country will stop us.

If Brown pitches to his ability, combined with what we already have with Smith, Rigby, and Hump... That's a salty pen to go along with what has developed into a really good and deep rotation. And who knows what happens if Houston or one of the freshmen turn it on.

It's pretty obvious that we haven't peaked yet as some projected big, talented contributors still aren't playing up to their ceilings. Frankly, I don't think we have come close to peaking.

Taog Redloh
05-06-2016, 08:25 AM
If Brown pitches to his ability, combined with what we already have with Smith, Rigby, and Hump... That's a salty pen to go along with what has developed into a really good and deep rotation. And who knows what happens if Houston or one of the freshmen turn it on.

It's pretty obvious that we haven't peaked yet as some projected big, talented contributors still aren't playing up to their ceilings. Frankly, I don't think we have come close to peaking.

Neither do I, but last night was about the most complete game we've played all year. Still so many things we can improve on. Those errors are gonna cost us in Omaha. And we can't depend on dropping bombs there either.

Taog Redloh
05-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Wait, War Machine Dawg said they suck. You mean a surefire 1st rounder is good?

Tbonewannabe
05-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Pilkington is improving also so by the time we get into postseason, we might have one of the better rotations out there.

AusTexDawg
05-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Neither do I, but last night was about the most complete game we've played all year. Still so many things we can improve on. Those errors are gonna cost us in Omaha. And we can't depend on dropping bombs there either.

Agree with your concern about the errors. Earlier in the season it seemed like the team was less focused at home than on the road, but it seems like the non-Collins-at-the-hot-corner errors have been creeping up lately regardless of location.

BiscuitEater
05-06-2016, 10:06 AM
ERAs aren't stellar but they are as good as Hudson and Sexton, with a few more strikeouts. Typically I'd say we should be selective and run their pitch counts up, but I think I might go with Coinz strategy here and attack them. These guys are good enough to throw well over 100 pitches.

Hudson in a groove with 11K's & 0 Walks + 19 hit Bulldog attack > Reggie McClain + Tiger batters that only got 4 balls into the outfield = Game One to the Dogs

Would love to see a repeat of that script tonight with Sexton on the bump!

Taog Redloh
05-06-2016, 10:11 PM

Am I still wrong? I mean Houck sucks, right?

engie
05-06-2016, 10:25 PM

You really think an answer to this is forthcoming?

Both of those guys are elite pitchers. That team is closer to being decent than their record would indicate. It's the simple stuff that's killing them.

State82
05-06-2016, 10:30 PM
What I wouldn't give to have Houck in maroon and white for the next six weeks

War Machine Dawg
05-06-2016, 11:07 PM

Considering we put up 19 hits on McClain and we put up 4 runs and 8 hits on Houck, nearly doubled his walk total, and beat him - looks like I was right. You realize I was making fun of you for saying we'd have trouble with both of them after we absolutely shelled one, right?

ETA: For the record, Houck is really damn good. Would love to have that dude in maroon.