PDA

View Full Version : However serious other college football scandals have been

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 01:02 PM
none of them have been accompanied by the flailing and waffling and lying we have seen from Bjork and Freezus and friends.

There are obvious signs that some adult supervision has been applied in Oxford, that someone realized where things were headed. Thursday changed things.

Here's a fundamental problem that hasn't been discussed too much : As bad as it looks, Ole Miss is guilty of MUCH more, especially if you include boosters. The more they deny, the more they are inviting investigators in to find what they really did.

Their best shot at emerging from all this with any integrity at all is the Chancellor or one of his close associates calling a press conference this week or next and cleaning house. "Members of our Athletic Department have failed to uphold our high standards yada yada..." Which is pure bullshit because Freeze did exactly what they hired him to do.

If OM gets the word that show causes are coming, I expect they will try to act first and do just this. The idiot AD is gone no matter what.

jbjones
05-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Their best shot at emerging from all this with any integrity at all is for the Chancellor or one of his close associates calling a press conference this wee k or next and clean house. "Members of our Athletic Department have failed to uphold our high standards yada yada..." Which is pure bullshit because Freeze did exactly what they hired him to do.

Integrity? As in, "doing the right thing when no one is looking" integrity? Hell no. 'Aint nothing they can do to gain any semblance of integrity. Ever.

redstickdawg
05-05-2016, 01:18 PM
There is no integrity with this bunch just pride and arrogance. The chancellor will need to clean house in the AD soon otherwise the widely held reputation for cheating spreads to all aspects of the school. Not that the reputation is not well earned and appropriate.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 01:22 PM
By integrity, I meant and should have said the appearance of integrity. And then only among people who aren't paying close attention or who like deluding themselves.

TrapGame
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Freeze and Bdork are toast. They're walking around with toe tags on. The Network will be told to cool it and take a hiatus. Vitter will then throw himself at the mercy of the NCAA to try and keep this manageable so the football program doesn't fall into ten years of absolute irrelevance.

msstate7
05-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Freeze and Bdork are toast. They're walking around with toe tags on. The Network will be told to cool it and take a hiatus. Vitter will then throw himself at the mercy of the NCAA to try and keep this manageable so the football program doesn't fall into ten years of absolute irrelevance.
If freeze is fired bc of NCAA trouble, does om have to pay buyout?

Dolphus Raymond
05-05-2016, 01:38 PM
I may be in the minority, but I view the athletic and academic sides of universities as separate entities. (Though the line between the two often appears to be blurred.) That being said, I believe the academic side at Ole Miss has integrity and will not allow the athletic sides lack of integrity cast the university in a bad light indefinantly. Consequently, I am now, for the first time, beginning to think Freeze's days are numbered. The Washington Post article was a game changer.

redstickdawg
05-05-2016, 02:03 PM
I may be in the minority, but I view the athletic and academic sides of universities as separate entities. (Though the line between the two often appears to be blurred.) That being said, I believe the academic side at Ole Miss has integrity and will not allow the athletic sides lack of integrity cast the university in a bad light indefinantly. Consequently, I am now, for the first time, beginning to think Freeze's days are numbered. The Washington Post article was a game changer.

I believe that cow is out of the barn. Just as they have used fb to boost the school's reputation and visibility and have gotten a large number of out of state students; they are going to get whiplash as the whole house of cards implodes. I can't wait.

MadDawg
05-05-2016, 02:10 PM
If freeze is fired bc of NCAA trouble, does om have to pay buyout?

I would imagine if you are fired "for cause" meaning a breach of the conduct clause of your contract, I would think the buyout would be forfeited. But I'm not a lawyer and they could write that contract any way they want to.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 02:30 PM
There is without question language in the contract that addresses behavior that will allow the university to let Freeze go without honoring the payment/payout terms. Usually departing coaches have so much dirt on the school that you don't want to make them too mad.

lastmajordog
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
If integrity was an issue UNM would have given ALL the money Dick Scruggs had given thru the years to something outside of UNM.