PDA

View Full Version : Freeze quotes from teleconference

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Freeze: We've had some adversity around our place since draft night. Admin working to reach a resolution. I'm told we made a lot of progress

Freeze: Our admin will work with all the parties to reach a conclusion as soon as possible, which we hope comes quickly.

(Asked by someone about paying players) Freeze: Again, I'm not in the process of the fact-finding process. I know our admin is working and i'm told they made a lot of progress.

Freeze: I think it depends on what the facts reveal. Ross and I haven't discussed next step. Get facts first.

Sounds like what many of us have speculated, the administration has taken the lead role over the athletic department and negotiations are being held about who and/or how many heads will roll.

jumbo
05-05-2016, 11:01 AM
crap, mods delete my thread

jumbo
05-05-2016, 11:03 AM
sounds like a risky strategy for Freeze. head coaches can't play dumb anymore, but if they can 100% without a doubt prove they didn't know that an assistant was doing what they were doing they can survive.

HoopsDawg
05-05-2016, 11:04 AM
The NCAA has to send a message. If Ole Miss gets off easy, there's no incentive not to cheat.

lefty96
05-05-2016, 11:06 AM
sounds like a risky strategy for Freeze. head coaches can't play dumb anymore, but if they can 100% without a doubt prove they didn't know that an assistant was doing what they were doing they can survive.

I'm amazed he got on the call. I think he is a raging moron, but there isn't much he can do at this point. I wish SI or ESPN turns up something meaty here soon just to keep the pressure up.

Bodaski
05-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Suppose you were present somewhere and a recruit was possibly offered extra incentive by an alum or someone of that nature. Would you be guilty then? Just asking???

Covercorner2
05-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I thought Ole Miss was already aware of the Tunsil situation prior to draft night and had all the facts (docs) to support it?

DancingRabbit
05-05-2016, 11:11 AM
http://optionsmeister.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Sgt-Schultz2.jpg

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Missed this one:

Freeze: I know nothing. I'm not involved in the fact finding process. I was shocked like everyone else.

HoopsDawg
05-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Suppose you were present somewhere and a recruit was possibly offered extra incentive by an alum or someone of that nature. Would you be guilty then? Just asking???

can you spell it out? I have no clue what you are asking.

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 11:17 AM

If you are a member of the staff and don't report it to compliance, yes you are guilty and could possibly face a show cause. If you lie or try to cover up your knowledge and the NCAA finds out, you will get a show cause.

HoopsDawg
05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
If you are a member of the staff and don't report it to compliance, yes you are guilty and could possibly face a show cause. If you lie or try to cover up your knowledge and the NCAA finds out, you will get a show cause.

And also if this is an ongoing situation, your university has created a culture of non-compliance, i.e. lack of institutional control.

SailingDawg
05-05-2016, 11:27 AM
http://dailynewsdig.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20-Funny-Shocked-Cat-Memes-12.jpg

smootness
05-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Missed this one:

Freeze: I know nothing. I'm not involved in the fact finding process. I was shocked like everyone else.

Did he say he was shocked? If so, there goes that whole 'this is part of the legal emergency fund' crap.

confucius say
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Well this is not at all what happened with freeze, but in your hypothetical am I a head coach who is recruiting the player and the alum is a booster of my school? If so, yes.

Beaver
05-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Freeze on February 3rd -- "We’ve had four consecutive top 15 classes. I know how we do things. I know how our staff does things." Link (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-discusses-2016-class/)

Freeze on Cinco de Mayo -- "I know nothing"

confucius say
05-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Freeze: We've had some adversity around our place since draft night. Admin working to reach a resolution. I'm told we made a lot of progress

Freeze: Our admin will work with all the parties to reach a conclusion as soon as possible, which we hope comes quickly.

(Asked by someone about paying players) Freeze: Again, I'm not in the process of the fact-finding process. I know our admin is working and i'm told they made a lot of progress.

Freeze: I think it depends on what the facts reveal. Ross and I haven't discussed next step. Get facts first.

Sounds like what many of us have speculated, the administration has taken the lead role over the athletic department and negotiations are being held about who and/or how many heads will roll.

Sounds like to me he is trying to distance himself from the whole saga. Barney is his boy so going to be tough to throw him under the bus. And Barney doesn't scratch his butt without freeze's approval so I'm not buying he and Miller went rogue on this.

TrapGame
05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Oh, he's screwed.

Dead Man Walking.

Coach34
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Freeze on February 3rd -- "We’ve had four consecutive top 15 classes. I know how we do things. I know how our staff does things." Link (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-discusses-2016-class/)

great post

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Did he say he was shocked? If so, there goes that whole 'this is part of the legal emergency fund' crap.

Per Paulling that was Freeze's quote

Mjoelner34
05-05-2016, 11:55 AM

Posted this yesterday but it fits here too:

December 15th, 2015: "And we all follow the plan I created for recruiting." http://gridironnow.com/hugh-freezes-recruiting-ability-has-changed-ole-miss/

ILOATHEBears
05-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Oh, he's screwed.

Dead Man Walking.

Refresh my memory. What did the NCAA get usm's ex basketball coach on that got him a show cause? I just don't recall anything as bad as what freeze is associated with such as loaner cars, mommas rent, cheating the act system etc....

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Refresh my memory. What did the NCAA get usm's ex basketball coach on that got him a show cause? I just don't recall anything as bad as what freeze is associated with such as loaner cars, mommas rent, cheating the act system etc....

Burner phones, arranging fraudulent academic credit, lying and impermissible financial aid. Got a 10 year show cause tied for the longest in history I believe with Bliss from Baylor

ILOATHEBears
05-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Burner phones, arranging fraudulent academic credit, lying and impermissible financial aid. Got a 10 year show cause tied for the longest in history I believe with Bliss from Baylor

Sounds like they both have a lot in common.

DCdawg
05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Was Freeze asked directly if he had any knowledge of players receiving money?

HSVDawg
05-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Even if Freeze legitimately didn't know about the payments arranged by Miller / Farrar, he can still be hit with the "failure to monitor" charge that also leads to a show cause. That should be fairly automatic considering he had more than one member of his staff that were engaging in improprieties.

Really Clark?
05-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Was Freeze asked directly if he had any knowledge of players receiving money?

Yes. Or something to the effect of paying players

Martianlander
05-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Yes, he was shocked like the policeman in Casa Blanca was shocked to find gambling there.

DancingRabbit
05-05-2016, 12:37 PM
In January 2015 Freeze referred to John Miller as "simply the best". Didn't say exactly what he was the best at.

Miller once describe his job as "head babysitter".

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Yes, he was shocked like the policeman in Casa Blanca was shocked to find gambling there.

THIS

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
never gets old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

maroonmania
05-05-2016, 12:44 PM

I'm pretty sure the NCAA has eliminated "plausible deniability" from the HC position if his assistants are directly implicated in paying players. And I'm not sure how you would ever "prove without a doubt" that you didn't know something.

ShotgunDawg
05-05-2016, 12:54 PM
February

Bjork & Freeze: "I am confident that how we do things inside this building are the right way."

May

Freeze: "I'm shocked. I know nothing."

Isn't Freeze saying he's confident that things are being done the right way and then saying "I'm shocked and know nothing" by definition failure to monitor and lack of institutional control. If they don't know what's going on inside the building that is lack of control

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 01:00 PM
In January 2015 Freeze referred to John Miller as "simply the best". Didn't say exactly what he was the best at.

Miller once describe his job as "head babysitter".

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/ole_miss_building_the_right_wa.html

Miller, who described his job as "the head babysitter," came to Oxford after 17 years at Southern Miss, his alma mater.

"We'll build this thing on family," Miller said. "We're a Christian-based staff. We don't allow any cussing in the building, not by the players, coaches, not on the field or anything. We do it a little bit different than you'll see throughout the country. When we get this thing going, our players will know that we care about them."

ILOATHEBears
05-05-2016, 01:16 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/05/ole_miss_building_the_right_wa.html

Miller, who described his job as "the head babysitter," came to Oxford after 17 years at Southern Miss, his alma mater.

"We'll build this thing on family," Miller said. "We're a Christian-based staff. We don't allow any cussing in the building, not by the players, coaches, not on the field or anything. We do it a little bit different than you'll see throughout the country. When we get this thing going, our players will know that we care about them."

Can someone pull the clip of freeze saying 17U to one of his own fans as he walked to locker room

archdog
05-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Freeze on February 3rd -- "We?ve had four consecutive top 15 classes. I know how we do things. I know how our staff does things." Link (http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/hugh-freeze-discusses-2016-class/)

Paging Paul Finebaum. Someone please tweet this to him.

basedog
05-05-2016, 02:08 PM
"Ward aren't you a little hard on the Beav"?

Leave it to Beaver, great show huh?

Bothrops
05-05-2016, 02:16 PM
The NCAA has to send a message. If Ole Miss gets off easy, there's no incentive not to cheat.

And if there's no reason not to cheat, MSU losses.

starkvegasdawg
05-05-2016, 02:17 PM
"Ward aren't you a little hard on the Beav"?

Leave it to Beaver, great show huh?

Imagine the irony if one of the NCAA investigators was named Ward.

basedog
05-05-2016, 02:23 PM

LMBO, well Ward or No Ward somebody is gonna be a little hard on the Beav!

fishwater99
05-05-2016, 02:24 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/hugh-freeze-said-he-was--shocked--by-laremy-tunsil-s-admission-174838707.html

Comments section is getting good..

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Can someone pull the clip of freeze saying 17U to one of his own fans as he walked to locker room

https://youtu.be/H0CZn_ZWutI

SailingDawg
05-05-2016, 02:33 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/hugh-freeze-said-he-was--shocked--by-laremy-tunsil-s-admission-174838707.html

Comments section is getting good..

Poor gal, living life with a pair of rose colored glasses.

Deborah 5 minutes ago
You people are stupid. Coach Freeze is one of the most ethical men in coaching. I would never say Tunsil wouldn't take money from someone but I will say it wouldn't be the coaching staff; Freeze would have them out the door in a heartbeat.

And a lot of teams go from trainwrecks to great teams. Freeze came into a program that had some decent talent but a fired coach was terrible kept throwing the kids under the bus and they gave up...all because Nutt couldn't quit chasing the women, and Freeze is a great recruiter was when he was at Ole Miss before. Plus Ole Miss got rid of Poole the athletic director who was all about his power and not the good of the athletic program. He was so vile that former players who had spoke out in favor of his removal were not allowed in the athletic facilities when they came back to visit while those who liked him were welcomed with open arms.

As far as beating AL 2 years in a row. In 2014 they came into Oxford overconfident after the 2013 blowout and met a Rebel team trying to vindicate themselves and a couple of costly mistakes cost them the game; much like Auburn's win over them in 2013, and A&M in 2012#$%$ happens in in 2015 they were hurting from injuries. Not that I am not thrilled we beat them but I am a realist and saw how they played the rest of the year not the same team that suited up vs Ole Miss that night. One needs to remember Saban brought Bama back after their disaster years. If all this had happened under the 2 prior coaches I wouldn't be defending the school or the coaches; but Freeze is a different story.

LeakyD
05-05-2016, 02:39 PM
David Brandt was the only one to ask a legitimate question, but it was great. He said something like "Hugh, you've been quick to spin the story most of the time and this time you've been silent." Then he asked about paying players.

TrapGame
05-05-2016, 02:43 PM

Deborah 5 minutes ago
You people are stupid. Coach Freeze is one of the most ethical men in coaching.

http://underachievingdomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/20/df/23/20df232b8535899257e4b7826dd3a63a.jpg

http://cdn2.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tyson-laugh.gif

jbjones
05-05-2016, 02:48 PM

Deborah 5 minutes ago
You people are stupid. Coach Freeze is one of the most ethical men in coaching. I would never say Tunsil wouldn't take money from someone but I will say it wouldn't be the coaching staff; Freeze would have them out the door in a heartbeat.

Haha! Hell yeah, pass that shit this way...my glaucoma could use some relief of that magnitude.

Mjoelner34
05-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Haha! Hell yeah, pass that shit this way...my glaucoma could use some relief of that magnitude.

No shit. We know who Tunsil passed the gas mask to now.

gravedigger
05-05-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm amazed he got on the call. I think he is a raging moron, but there isn't much he can do at this point. I wish SI or ESPN turns up something meaty here soon just to keep the pressure up.

Isnt much he can do? How about act like the man he says he is? How about be consistent with what has been said already? How about saying the kid didnt do anything wrong is that is the case? How about just taking responsibility for the position he is in?

He could have done plenty. He is just too much of a coward to stand up for what he knows is right.

And the media like sallee who know they backed this trainwreck are trying to act like rebecca from donnybrook farm. They are as bought and paid for as a three dollar street walker.

Either the old mississippi corruption ends or it continues.

Ncaa has the choice.

RocketDawg
05-05-2016, 06:51 PM

If he's telling the truth, it sounds like he's not even in the loop any more. Maybe the administration is assuming he's guilty. Or maybe they're being cautious about letting the fox investigate the henhouse. If he's been taken out of the decision-making process, he must be leading an agonizing life these days.

gravedigger
05-05-2016, 06:57 PM
If he's telling the truth, it sounds like he's not even in the loop any more. Maybe the administration is assuming he's guilty. Or maybe they're being cautious about letting the fox investigate the henhouse. If he's been taken out of the decision-making process, he must be leading an agonizing life these days.

He was in the decision making process last spring and summer he is lying. How can roundsaville and porter and the ding dong from tupelo know?

This is just bald faced lying.

RocketDawg
05-05-2016, 07:02 PM

That would be priceless. And what if his wife was named June?

Bucky Dog
05-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Word is Freeze is out of the loop completely and getting desperate. Trying to get some assistants to take the fall and they ain't having it!

RocketDawg
05-05-2016, 07:10 PM
He was in the decision making process last spring and summer he is lying. How can roundsaville and porter and the ding dong from tupelo know?

This is just bald faced lying.

I meant taken out of the loop since last Thursday night. He may actually not know what's going on now with the "internal investigation" because they've cut him out. I have a feeling there is some ill will between Bjork and Freeze right now ... and I somehow think Bjork may not have really known what was going on. I suppose we'll find out fairly soon though.

KB549
05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
By "internal investiigation", do you mean clicking the delete button, shredding documents, and forging new ones? Because if you believe they are going to hang themselves, I have some beachfront property in Indianapolis to sell you.

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 07:38 PM

I think you might be right. If that is the case it would suck to be him right now. If he is out of the loop he may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but he HAS to know what that would mean.

defiantdog
05-05-2016, 07:39 PM
The admin has taken the lead role in this investigation since the beginning

RocketDawg
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
By "internal investiigation", do you mean clicking the delete button, shredding documents, and forging new ones? Because if you believe they are going to hang themselves, I have some beachfront property in Indianapolis to sell you.

Well, I was just using their words ("internal investigation"), but I'm sure there are people at UMiss right now looking into the scandal who are not directly involved in the football program. Could be the only person "investigating" who does have a direct involvement is Bjork himself. It's in the University's best interest to minimize impact to the school, of course, but I'm not sure that outsiders (meaning those not directly involved with athletics) are literally destroying evidence. But it's not hard to believe that some football coaches might have been. I think what they're doing is actually trying to find out exactly what's going on, who started it, who continued it, and who to fire when it's all said and done. I suspect they're trying to salvage all the positive image that the school might have, and minimize the negative. Most likely a few heads in the athletic department will roll. Whether it's Bjork and/or Frieeze, or lower persons, remains to be seen. I don't think Freeze is naive enough to believe he's that great a recruiter based strictly on his persona, so he must have been involved.

AlmostPositive
05-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Ole Miss fans seem to believe that Freeze recruits well because he's really "good at building relationships with the young men." I have seen them say that a dozen times. I guess childish delusion is better than admitting your school is thoroughly corrupt.

KB549
05-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm with ya. I forgot the ****. The administration knew what was going on. Maybe. They may be so full of themselves that they think all these 5 stars just up and decided to come there because it is the most wonderful place on earth. If so, they have no business running a kindergarten class, much less a university.

The problem is they don't know what to do. They have lifted Freeze upon a pedestal and proclaimed him to be the second coming. If they fire him, they have to admit they were wrong. :::GASP::: If they keep him, they worsen their chances of getting body slammed by the NCAA for not being proactive. Image. Pride.

This is high stakes poker. They can keep bluffing and hope the NCAA is bluffing, too. They're all in.

HailState39110
05-05-2016, 09:11 PM
I just read Freeze's statement and it went something like this :

"facts , facts , gather facts ... Fact finding. I trust our adminstration in gathering facts . I'm shocked .. Facts.. I know nothing . We will base our findings on facts . Praise Jesus . We will continue to investigate and get the right fact . Recruits love our beautiful campus. Amen "