PDA

View Full Version : Cody brown at 3b?

msstate7
05-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Saw on SPS that he's gonna get a shot

Homedawg
05-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Just preparing for emergencies. That's all.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Heard that in Cohen's presser yesterday but thought I was just drunk.

Tbonewannabe
05-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Was Hump just that bad at 3rd? Has Brown ever played anything but the outfield at MSU? I know Collins has played 2nd at least a game or two but I don't remember Brown in the infield.

maroonmania
05-05-2016, 08:57 AM
We do some of the strangest crap in our baseball program. Why in the heck would you bring Cody Brown into the infield over Reid Humphreys?? For one thing, Brown is a heck of a lot better defensive outfielder than Humphreys is and Humphreys has much more experience playing infield. I mean really, things that make you go huh?

Homedawg
05-05-2016, 09:25 AM
We do some of the strangest crap in our baseball program. Why in the heck would you bring Cody Brown into the infield over Reid Humphreys?? For one thing, Brown is a heck of a lot better defensive outfielder than Humphreys is and Humphreys has much more experience playing infield. I mean really, things that make you go huh?

Think for one second. It's not to put him there over Reid. This is for an emergency, Gavin had to go to second, or gets hurt and Reid needs to pitch. Cohen is doing what he should, preparing for the worst even if it's for an inning. Hell if he didn't y'all would crucify him.

Backwoodsdawg
05-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Went by practice yesterday, Cody Brown took 0 reps at 3rd base did take reps at 2nd though. He did play Short Stop in high school according to Cohen as did many other players too. He is simply an emergency plan if Gridly or Holland goes down at any point.

bulldogcountry1
05-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Think for one second. It's not to put him there over Reid. This is for an emergency, Gavin had to go to second, or gets hurt and Reid needs to pitch. Cohen is doing what he should, preparing for the worst even if it's for an inning. Hell if he didn't y'all would crucify him.

Yeah, we simply need some depth at this point. Our only backup in the MIF is a guy with a fractured hand. It would be dumb not to have someone working there this week.

msstate7
05-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Went by practice yesterday, Cody Brown took 0 reps at 3rd base did take reps at 2nd though. He did play Short Stop in high school according to Cohen as did many other players too. He is simply an emergency plan if Gridly or Holland goes down at any point.

How'd he look?

Alexander practicing?

Political Hack
05-05-2016, 01:12 PM

Yeah. This is what I was expecting to see happen based on what I was told. Cody might get reps at 2nd, but haven't heard anything about him possibly playing 3rd. He reads the ball off the bat too well and has great range. Can't waste that at 3rd. No telling if it'll work out at 2nd, but at least your going with an upper class man who plays his guts out for you. There's only a few guys on the team I think Cohen would trust to make that adjustment.

Backwoodsdawg
05-05-2016, 02:29 PM
How'd he look?

Alexander practicing?

About as good as you would think someone would that hasn't played infield in a while I guess is my best analysis. I sincerely think he is a last resort situation but has to get reps just in case. Alexander was out there taking some reps but you could tell hes hurting.