PDA

View Full Version : Who is the new afternoon guy on 105.9?

Beaver
05-04-2016, 05:21 PM
I only listened to the first 10 or so minutes of his show today. I gotta admit, he made my jaw drop. He made the argument that because OM has so many haters coming after them right now, they must be doing something right.

If intentionally committing multiple violations in multiple sports is considered right, then I don't know what's wrong.

Duckdog
05-04-2016, 05:41 PM
Douche bag

CadaverDawg
05-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Jay White I believe

mic
05-04-2016, 06:02 PM
I guess His sponsors are Cannon Motors and every establishment on the square...

TrapGame
05-04-2016, 06:29 PM
Heard him Monday afternoon and he was taking up for Tunsil and also threw our the assistance fund nonsense. Then he Parrish Alford was coming on the next segment. I changed it and haven't listened again.

sleepy dawg
05-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Same guy who said Ole Miss owns Alabama in football now.... word for word.

M.Fillmore
05-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Home Cooking was replaced by two shows lasting one hour each. Jay White has a show from 4:00 to 5:00 and he is okay. Jay White went to Ms College and he seems to be fair. Then there is another show from 5:00 to 6:00. I forgot this host's name but he is a shill for the bears.

TopDog58
05-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Home Cooking was replaced by two shows lasting one hour each. Jay White has a show from 4:00 to 5:00 and he is okay. Jay White went to Ms College and he seems to be fair. Then there is another show from 5:00 to 6:00. I forgot this host's name but he is a shill for the bears.

Ummm you realize that the "bear shill" is an MSU grad and an SB Nation MSU writer?

GTHOM
05-04-2016, 10:29 PM
Why did they get rid of home cooking I loved how much attention they gave to high school football

M.Fillmore
05-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Ummm you realize that the "bear shill" is an MSU grad and an SB Nation MSU writer?

I guess he must be Matt Wyatt's soul brother. He was sure defending the bears this afternoon. I confess that is the only time I have heard him. But when these guys make stupid statements to defend the bears, I change the station.

sleepy dawg
05-04-2016, 10:46 PM
I guess he must be Matt Wyatt's soul brother. He was sure defending the bears this afternoon. I confess that is the only time I have heard him. But when these guys make stupid statements to defend the bears, I change the station.

I've heard 3 of his shows, and I would've sworn he was an Ole Miss fan/grad. He doesn't act like an MSU grad, or a grad of any school other than Ole Miss.

MSUDawg99
05-05-2016, 10:47 AM
I've heard 3 of his shows, and I would've sworn he was an Ole Miss fan/grad. He doesn't act like an MSU grad, or a grad of any school other than Ole Miss.

Jake Wimberly is a MSU grad. He writes for Gridiron Now & is a color commentator for HS fb in the metro area. Has a podcast on BSR too called Double Coverage where he covers MSU sports.

MSUDawg99
05-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Why did they get rid of home cooking I loved how much attention they gave to high school football

Weiner left to do his own gig with his brother I think. So now there's two weiners working together.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Weiner left to do his own gig with his brother I think. So now there's two weiners working together.

Yeah, they started "The Golf Show" on Wednesday's from 6-7.

JDog13
05-05-2016, 11:00 AM
You R tards think Wimberly is an OM shill? He's being a professional by being unbiased. You know, what we bitch about their guys not being able to do?

ScreenCaptureThis
05-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Why is it that EVERY other school seems to have homers in the media except for MSU? I think it's time to stop the "let's be professional" and start the "let's sunshine pump the hell out of MSU" mantra. We're not winning any PR battles against any school by being the "professional" journalists.

I can't think of many top-level media personalities that don't show some unfettered bias towards a school or professional team. The good ol' days of calling it down the middle seem to have gone by the way of 24 hour social media and sunshine pumping.

maroonmania
05-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Why is it that EVERY other school seems to have homers in the media except for MSU? I think it's time to stop the "let's be professional" and start the "let's sunshine pump the hell out of MSU" mantra. We're not winning any PR battles against any school by being the "professional" journalists.

I can't think of many top-level media personalities that don't show some unfettered bias towards a school or professional team. The good ol' days of calling it down the middle seem to have gone by the way of 24 hour social media and sunshine pumping.

EXACTLY, I am so sick of weak kneed MSU guys in the media that are apparently so afraid of offending somebody that they basically won't ever take a "pro-MSU" position that I could puke.

DancingRabbit
05-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Jake saying he was 100% sure Acey knew nothing about Analesa Presley being fake was a little sketchy to me.

JDog13
05-05-2016, 12:52 PM

Oh I feel ya. I wish our guys pumped us like theirs pump them. If you look at how many of our people have moved on to bigger things compared to theirs, you see what being professional does for you. I'd love full homers, but it's not gonna happen.

sleepy dawg
05-05-2016, 02:52 PM
You R tards think Wimberly is an OM shill? He's being a professional by being unbiased. You know, what we bitch about their guys not being able to do?

Again, what I heard didn't sound unbiased at all. I listen to sports talk radio constantly and here numerous guys I would consider unbiased. This guy seemed extremely positively biased toward Ole Miss. Again, I've only listened to his show 3 times so far, but what I heard was more along the lines of a Richard Cross than anyone else I could compare him to.

MSUDawg99
05-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Again, what I heard didn't sound unbiased at all. I listen to sports talk radio constantly and here numerous guys I would consider unbiased. This guy seemed extremely positively biased toward Ole Miss. Again, I've only listened to his show 3 times so far, but what I heard was more along the lines of a Richard Cross than anyone else I could compare him to.

Were you listening to Jay White's show from 4:00 - 5:00 or Jake's show from 5:00 - 6:00? Jake is not a UNM homer. He dislikes that team as much as we do. He just can't say that on the air.

MadDawg
05-06-2016, 03:53 PM

I hate to say it because I like this place, but these guys only want pro-MSU homers on the radio or tv. Any neutrality is viewed as being an outright shill for the bears.

BulldogBear
05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
I hate to say it because I like this place, but these guys only want pro-MSU homers on the radio or tv. Any neutrality is viewed as being an outright shill for the bears.

We wouldn't know what an MSU homer even sounds like, because too many try too hard to sound neutral and it often comes across as not having any backbone whereas most UMiss media types sound more like what you're referring to. Anything that don't lick Bear a$$ and that fanbase throws a tantrum. I think you're barking up the wrong tree.