PDA

View Full Version : From a source I trust that has strong MSU ties.....

bankerdawg
05-04-2016, 02:57 PM
and current High School coach and brother to a former state football player, but he said AJ Brown was bought and paid for. $250,000 was the price tag his dad was shopping and that is why State was not a player. Hopefully rumors are encouraged.

Coursesuper
05-04-2016, 03:01 PM
and current High School coach and brother to a former state football player, but he said AJ Brown was bought and paid for. $250,000 was the price tag his dad was shopping and that is why State was not a player. Hopefully rumors are encouraged.

I have heard the exact same thing. It wasn't all in one sum but to be laid out over a payment plan.

cheewgumm
05-04-2016, 03:03 PM
I believe it in full.

Ole Miss is so corrupt, nothing is out of bounds.

HOWEVER< I do question the efficient they are in spending. I think you could get 2 good OL for $250k. Honestly, $125k each seems like it would buy 2 stud OL.

Beaver
05-04-2016, 03:03 PM
If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young man.

Bubb Rubb
05-04-2016, 03:04 PM

I hope it's true in light of everything else that's going on...but that's a lot of money for an overrated wide receiver.

SignalToNoise
Damn that is steep. Wasn't Cam Newton only $180k? Way more bang for the buck.

Johnson85

$250k for a WR seems crazy. I'm not exactly tied in to the market on college footbvall players, but if the bidding for Cam Newton topped out at $200k, I have trouble seeing paying any Wr $250k. Granted it's three years of a good WR versus one year of Cam, but still.

Statefan
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
In my opinion they cared less about bang for the buck and way way more about shaming state by taking a kid from SHS

Saltydog
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
NT

msstate7
05-04-2016, 03:07 PM
$250k for a WR seems crazy. I'm not exactly tied in to the market on college footbvall players, but if the bidding for Cam Newton topped out at $200k, I have trouble seeing paying any Wr $250k. Granted it's three years of a good WR versus one year of Cam, but still.

I'm not saying I believe this at all, but maybe OM's price to get AJ was high considering he's a Starkville kid... Maybe om felt it was worth it to slap us in the face

paco
05-04-2016, 03:07 PM
$40k annually

bankerdawg
05-04-2016, 03:08 PM
A poster from 247 had taken pictures of AJ in a new Dodge Challenger too. Had an Ole Miss sticker and SHS sticker so might be something to that as well.

msstate7
05-04-2016, 03:09 PM
A poster from 247 had taken pictures of AJ in a new Dodge Challenger too. Had an Ole Miss sticker and SHS sticker so might be something to that as well.

Wouldn't be hard to get a picture of car. It would be hard to know asking price though

shoeless joe
05-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens in the MLB draft. There is a price that would keep him from ever suiting up at OM...and it's not too awful far from where some teams have him slotted to go.

Mjoelner34
05-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Hadn't heard that but heard that he was paid not to visit MSU. And that was from someone closer to the program than anyone on this board.

Political Hack
05-04-2016, 03:10 PM
My response when I heard this a week or so before NSD "Good. Let them overpay for him."

Liverpooldawg
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
In my opinion they cared less about bang for the buck and way way more about shaming state by taking a kid from SHS

If it's true this probably had more to do with it than anything.

basedog
05-04-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm betting he will never receive whatever the amount was and is owed! He got his down payment probably.

Rumors will always get stronger when "pigs get muddy".

Hunkaburningdawg
05-04-2016, 03:21 PM

This!

SailingDawg
05-04-2016, 03:23 PM
My son and I watched the Starkville vs. Oxford game this year. Brown made some great plays but showed attitude and laziness (arrogance, maybe) during most of the game. This is the type of player UNM wants, all stars with no work ethic.

maroonmania
05-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Well you knew it was a fairly steep asking price when Saban and Bama pretty much pulled off the kid. UNM was the only one left at the table willing to meet their price. Apparently Brown's father came over to campus to "negotiate" with Mullen and crew but it didn't go well needless to say.

Reason2succeed
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks Dan! And thank you Bracky as well. A lot of people will end up owing Dan and Bracky apologies.

Commercecomet24
05-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Thanks Dan! And thank you Bracky as well. A lot of people will end up owing Dan and Bracky apologies.

Agreed! I never could understand the members of our fanbase who wanted us to go all out like UNM. When you make a deal with the devil the bill eventually comes due and it has to be paid. I wouldn't trade what little success the bears had with their cheating for anything. We have done pretty well in our own right, doing it the right way and actually developing our players. Thank you to Dan, absolutely!

Central Pork
05-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Ole Miss is populated with a bunch of knuckle draggin' bastards. They will get what they deserve.

Great work by the members of this board. I check in every day. I kinda want Ole Miss to go down worse than I did with Auburn during the Scam Newton stuff. I think it's Bucky. He's a fraud.

Cheeze Whiz was simply a toothless tool for the Fambly. I don't hate him, however. That dude sure hit the lottery.

Jack Lambert
05-04-2016, 04:11 PM
His only value was to be a slap on MSU face. As a WR he is no way worth 250K.

fishwater99
05-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm betting he will never receive whatever the amount was and is owed! He got his down payment probably.

Rumors will always get stronger when "pigs get muddy".

He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears may not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.

BossDawg
05-04-2016, 04:29 PM
I believe it in full.

HOWEVER< I do question the efficient they are in spending. I think you could get 2 good OL for $250k. Honestly, $125k each seems like it would buy 2 stud OL.

I believe it in full, too. You have to remember who we're talking about here though, UMiss. They got so desperate that efficiency took a backseat. Don't underestimate their hatred/obsession with Mullen and MSU either. AJ was a huge target simply because of where he's from. All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.

Reason2succeed
05-04-2016, 04:39 PM
I believe it in full, too. You have to remember who we're talking about here though, UMiss. They got so desperate that efficiency took a backseat. Don't underestimate their hatred/obsession with Mullen and MSU either. AJ was a huge target simply because of where he's from. All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.

People on this board have noted how unconcerned Mullen seemed after the recent losses to OM. He didn't seem overly "all in" on Egg Bowl week. Yes, we assumed that it was because he was interviewing elsewhere and that could have been part of it. I'm almost inclined to believe that Dan knew OM was cheating and realized it was only a matter of time before the NCAA finished their investigation and vacated those wins. However, I also think Mullen was getting impatient and maybe even skeptical of how long it would take for their house of cards to fall. Three years is an eternity to wait for justice and retribution.

jbjones
...All those times Mullen said "we're never losing to this team again", "TSUN" and all the other jabs he took at UM, it almost makes me want to believe he knew what he was doing - meaning, he needled them to the point where they got stupid.

That's a good point. I bet 'ol Jackie gave him some pointers on jabbing the northerners. Jackie had "Mississippi", and it ate their asses up. The likes of TSUN and Northern Miss from Mullen are simply gems.

HSVDawg

I heard a similar rumor before NSD. Also heard that Bama was at one time the team to beat but once the bidding got up over $200k they bowed out as well. We were apparently never really in it with him.

basedog
He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears may not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.

Don't know his baseball status but if he is a potential high draft choice then in TSUN's case, you can't fix stupid!

HSVDawg
05-04-2016, 04:43 PM

He is not projected as that high of a draft pick (but I wish he was). He'll be at OM this summer, no question about it.

MadDawg
05-04-2016, 04:47 PM

I think one thing MSU fans find it hard to fathom is the level of hatred those bastards have for MSU. You know how we all roll our eyes and chuckle a little when we hear them refer to themselves as the "flagship"? Silly, right? Well when we had the audacity to start saying this was "our state" and things like that, it wasn't met with a chuckle and a roll of the eyes. No. It was met with a plan to bring MSU down by any means necessary. Backroom meetings were called. The Network was put in high gear. Money, inducements, lax drug policies, academic fraud, ACT fraud, and a whole host of other illicit activities were put in motion, or at least ramped up from normal. It has really been something to behold.

maroonmania
05-04-2016, 05:03 PM
I think one thing MSU fans find it hard to fathom is the level of hatred those bastards have for MSU. You know how we all roll our eyes and chuckle a little when we hear them refer to themselves as the "flagship"? Silly, right? Well when we had the audacity to start saying this was "our state" and things like that, it wasn't met with a chuckle and a roll of the eyes. No. It was met with a plan to bring MSU down by any means necessary. Backroom meetings were called. The Network was put in high gear. Money, inducements, lax drug policies, academic fraud, ACT fraud, and a whole host of other illicit activities were put in motion, or at least ramped up from normal. It has really been something to behold.

The true ardent UNM football "power broker" fans behind that program will never, never, never allow MSU to have a better football program than they do. Even with UNM being mediocre its not a huge deal to them as long as we suck and they are still better. Whether it be Jackie or now Mullen, any time we've ever really challenged to move ahead of them in football they go off the deep end behind the scenes and do something WAY overboard whether it be in working to sink our program with the NCAA during Jackie's time or going totally rogue in recruiting like they have done lately to catch and surpass our program under Mullen.

Joe Schmedlap
05-04-2016, 05:07 PM
But doesn't that asswipe's mother work for Mississippi State University? If this rumor is true about AJ, wouldn't there be budget cuts that led to the mother's dismissal pretty damn soon?

AlSwearengen
05-04-2016, 05:13 PM
It's worth 125k for olemiss to get him and worth another 125k to them to keep State from getting him. You think I'm kidding but I'm not.

Barking 13
05-04-2016, 05:13 PM

This ^^^^^ = rep points

BulldogBear
05-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Will be interesting to see what happens in the MLB draft. There is a price that would keep him from ever suiting up at OM...and it's not too awful far from where some teams have him slotted to go. At this point, UMiss may have their hands tied

Damn that is steep. Wasn't Cam Newton only $180k? Way more bang for the buck.

Inflation

He is driving the down-payment. MLB might come calling and the Bears will not be in position to match their offer. He is a legit early round draft pick.

FIFY

Don't know his baseball status but if he is a potential high draft choice then in TSUN's case, you can't fix stupid!

Is there not a good chance that he may cut and run now with all of this? If MLB is showing him any kind of decent future/$$$?

He is not projected as that high of a draft pick (but I wish he was). He'll be at OM this summer, no question about it.

Not so sure he'll be at OM this fall

It rocks their worldview to the core. It is already entrenched that Ole Miss > than MSU in every conceivable way on and off the field. Anything that contradicts that MUST be an anomaly or some temporary misunderstanding of the facts. They cannot fathom the possibility. Their self worth sadly is way too wrapped up in their perception and perception of sports prowess. This is why they spin anything and everything because it just can't be true if anything seems to point to the fact that they are not all that. THEY. ARE. OLE MISS!!!!! after all. What a dumb cheer. This is why when you run into one in some far flung state of the Union and they find out you're a State fan they kind of get that little "harrumph" going and their countenance toward instantly changes to a nobleman looking down at a peasant.

Dawg61
05-04-2016, 05:19 PM
What's hilarious about the whole "flagship" thing is that MSU and USM are also technically considered flagship universities as well. Old Misses is too stupid to realize this though.

K9 Avenger
05-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Had heard from a friend of AJ's Dad that he was being shopped around as early as last summer.....also heard he was paid not to visit.

Mjoelner34
05-04-2016, 05:43 PM
But doesn't that asswipe's mother work for Mississippi State University? If this rumor is true about AJ, wouldn't there be budget cuts that led to the mother's dismissal pretty damn soon?

It should have happened by noon on signing day.

shoeless joe
05-04-2016, 05:46 PM

An MLB scout has already told him they'd like to take him in a certain round if he would sign. When money was discussed AJ made it clear it would take a certain amount to sign him. The scout noted that they slot how much they pay per the round. There was only a 3 round difference from where that team wanted to take him to the money "needed" to sign him. That ain't a whole lot and this was just one team.

Not saying it will happen but it's much more likely than what you've been led to believe.

BoomBoom
05-04-2016, 06:01 PM
An MLB scout has already told him they'd like to take him in a certain round if he would sign. When money was discussed AJ made it clear it would take a certain amount to sign him. The scout noted that they slot how much they pay per the round. There was only a 3 round difference from where that team wanted to take him to the money "needed" to sign him. That ain't a whole lot and this was just one team.

Not saying it will happen but it's much more likely than what you've been led to believe.

slot pricing of draft picks has really changed how the draft works. teams aren't tied to a price for any individual player, but the total slot prices of all players are summed up and teams ARE tied to being at or under that total. so for every player you go "above slot", you have to make up for it somewhere else. for most teams, if you aren't indicating you'll sign at slot, they move on.

Spiderman
05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
I hope it's true in light of everything else that's going on...but that's a lot of money for an overrated wide receiver.

Say what you want, but the kid is a player. I wouldn't call him over rated. We needed the skill set that kid has.

RocketDawg
05-04-2016, 06:36 PM

Is he really worth more than Cam Newton? The guy must be really good. Or maybe that's just $180K corrected for inflation.

Drugs Delaney
05-04-2016, 06:37 PM
If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young man.

+1

RocketDawg
05-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Agreed! I never could understand the members of our fanbase who wanted us to go all out like UNM. When you make a deal with the devil the bill eventually comes due and it has to be paid. I wouldn't trade what little success the bears had with their cheating for anything. We have done pretty well in our own right, doing it the right way and actually developing our players. Thank you to Dan, absolutely!

I agree wholeheartedly, and have always felt that way.

RocketDawg
05-04-2016, 06:43 PM

Doesn't matter what MLB does ... if their prime motivation was keeping him out of MSU, they accomplished that already. A new Charger might be all it costs them (as well as mega-sanctions).

msbulldog
05-04-2016, 06:46 PM
It would be funny if AJ went BB pro and drove his new Charger to the minor leagues. He has to realize his payments are no more and his future with a tainted program is not going to get him far.

MedDawg
05-04-2016, 06:52 PM

MedDawg
05-04-2016, 06:58 PM

Bodaski
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM

You may be more right than you realize. Dan spent a lot of time with JWS. He knew how to get under their skin and he damn sure owed them for what they did to him. payback is a bitch.

ILOATHEBears
Maybe there was an "embarrass MSU" premium for OM and AJ is really good, but he's not worth $250,000

Some of the NMU elitist fascist groups wanted this to be the "kill shot" (their words) not mine to cdm. They felt like they had JS and getting AJ would be icing on the cake. What they didn't plan for was mr brown getting in a pissing match in ******* office and his teacher taking up his burner phone

RocketDawg
It rocks their worldview to the core. It is already entrenched that Ole Miss > than MSU in every conceivable way on and off the field. Anything that contradicts that MUST be an anomaly or some temporary misunderstanding of the facts. They cannot fathom the possibility. Their self worth sadly is way too wrapped up in their perception and perception of sports prowess. This is why they spin anything and everything because it just can't be true if anything seems to point to the fact that they are not all that. THEY. ARE. OLE MISS!!!!! after all. What a dumb cheer. This is why when you run into one in some far flung state of the Union and they find out you're a State fan they kind of get that little "harrumph" going and their countenance toward instantly changes to a nobleman looking down at a peasant.

They not only think of themselves as superior in sports, but in every other manner also ... even academically. Many of them truly believe that Ole Miss is the "Harvard of the South". And that is astounding.

TUSK
05-04-2016, 07:28 PM
I believe it in full.

Ole Miss is so corrupt, nothing is out of bounds.

With the O Line yall have had, this is 100% accurate.

TUSK
05-04-2016, 07:30 PM
Bama got outbid...

Not sure who or how much.... but we didn't "pony up"....

Speakin' of "The Pony", anyone been there lately?

RocketDawg
05-04-2016, 07:36 PM
With the O Line yall have had, this is 100% accurate.

Probably just $1K would be an improvement over what we had last year (and may have this year). **

TUSK
05-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Probably just $1K would be an improvement over what we had last year (and may have this year). **

Dude, I got $1K in change in the ash trays of my trucks & cars.... come get it and get yall an underrated 3 star, buddy:)

dawgoneyall
05-04-2016, 07:43 PM

Albert Means was $300,000 and that was 20 year ago.

Maroon Diapers
05-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Hell his own HS baseball buddies that hang out in the LFL are throwing around similar numbers and that UM bought the charger of course. From people he's around every day.

Bully13
05-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Getting African Americans to play for a team named the Ole Miss rebels has a price that is 5 times the going rate. It was inevitable that them paying that rate would eventually catch up with them once the network incorporated said rate. Their 3 year run of unadulterated gluttony has been exposed and now we await the conviction and their harsh sentence.

parabrave
05-04-2016, 08:57 PM
It would be funny if AJ went BB pro and drove his new Charger to the minor leagues. He has to realize his payments are no more and his future with a tainted program is not going to get him far.

Just keep spicoli away from the car.

I seen it dawg
05-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Bama got outbid...

It's a peach

Bully13
05-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Bama got outbid...

Quality posts like this allows outsiders to contribute to this high classed forum.

Leroy Jenkins
05-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Is he really worth more than Cam Newton? The guy must be really good. Or maybe that's just $180K corrected for inflation.

Cam was for one year... This would be 3 at a minimum.

Homedawg
05-04-2016, 10:27 PM
My son and I watched the Starkville vs. Oxford game this year. Brown made some great plays but showed attitude and laziness (arrogance, maybe) during most of the game. This is the type of player UNM wants, all stars with no work ethic.

Hmm man I don't like aj because he went to ole miss, but I'm not sure which game you were watching. He was a stud that game! Are you sure you aren't talking about metcalf? Because he went full ***** in that game. Don't go sour grapes about a player when he was the best player on the field by a factor of 10 that particular game. Did he take a play off? Yeah I'm sure he did so I'll admit that before it becomes your defense.

Homedawg
05-04-2016, 10:30 PM
Say what you want, but the kid is a player. I wouldn't call him over rated. We needed the skill set that kid has.

This.^^ people please stop w the insanity that he's not good....he is. And big time. Sorry if that bothers yall

Jack Lambert
05-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Bama got outbid...

Should have pony up a Nick Saban Mercedes. I would take that over a dodge any day.

Jack Lambert
05-04-2016, 10:41 PM
This.^^ people please stop w the insanity that he's not good....he is. And big time. Sorry if that bothers yall

He probably would have come in with the "I am the king of the world attitude".

sandwolf
05-04-2016, 11:23 PM

Agreed. The kid has a boat load of talent, and it really sucks that we didn't sign him.

sandwolf
05-04-2016, 11:36 PM
He probably would have come in with the "I am the king of the world attitude".

There is nothing wrong with having guys like that, as long as you don't have so many that they take over the team and create a sense of entitlement within the program. I know I'd kill to have a few guys like Fred Smoot on our team....guys like that can inspire confidence.

sbcmortgageman
05-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Bama got outbid...

Know your place.

Maroonthirteen
05-05-2016, 06:30 AM

I saw the same thing you did.

The kids is a phenomenal talent. It was just that you could almost tell when a run play was called based on his body language from the huddle breaking to lining up on the LOS.

Again, He is a phenomenal talent. But he is arrogant.

ElitedawgRecruiting
05-05-2016, 07:04 AM
All I know is that by signing day it could have been a distinct possibility that they pissed off enough coaches that ole miss was the only place he could go. Talent or not, I am glad he isn't a Bulldog. Don't need a persimmon in the apple pie

Engine
05-05-2016, 07:13 AM
If they are allowed to transfer out without sitting I'd take Brown in a second. Benito too.

Johnson85
05-05-2016, 07:42 AM
I saw the same thing you did.

The kids is a phenomenal talent. It was just that you could almost tell when a run play was called based on his body language from the huddle breaking to lining up on the LOS.

Again, He is a phenomenal talent. But he is arrogant.

Not saying he isn't arrogant, but didn't he play both ways, and wasn't a large part of Starkville's offense that game more or less "get the ball to AJ"? Even a high school kid that is more athletic than everybody else on the field can't go all out every play. Telegraphing you're not getting the ball is a bad thing to do, but at that level, it's not necessarily an indication of an attitude problem. Could very well just be tired and not realizing he's doing it.

ShotgunDawg
05-05-2016, 07:43 AM
I'll be interested to see how much OM going on probation actually helps MSU. I'm sure it will help recruiting some, but kids that have their hands out will still have their hand out. So it could be that kids like Brown, Benito, etc. just end up going to another school that will pay them rather than deciding to come to MSU.

LSU doesn't just recruit so well because they don't have a competitor in state, they also recruit well because there isn't another in state fan base that will turn them in. Even if OM goes on probation, they will be Hawks to ensure MSU is busted for any transgression.

Johnson85
05-05-2016, 07:58 AM
I'll be interested to see how much OM going on probation actually helps MSU. I'm sure it will help recruiting some, but kids that have their hands out will still have their hand out. So it could be that kids like Brown, Benito, etc. just end up going to another school that will pay them rather than deciding to come to MSU.

LSU doesn't just recruit so well because they don't have a competitor in state, they also recruit well because there isn't another in state fan base that will turn them in. Even if OM goes on probation, they will be Hawks to ensure MSU is busted for any transgression.

It will probably mean MSU swinging one to three extra recruits each year. How much that means to the program will depend somewhat on luck of the draw, how good are they and are they at a position of need.

Jarius
05-05-2016, 08:18 AM

We don't have as big a network as Ole Miss, but we have one. It will help us with instate kids if Ole Miss has to play on a level playing field with us. When I say level playing field, I mean not offer kids 5 times the going rate and just offer the going rate.

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2016, 08:25 AM
There is some sheer insanity in this thread.

BB30
05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Baseball wise he is unbelievably raw. I don't think the draft will be an issue and he will be at OM in the fall barring something crazy happening. He wants to play football and will. If he lives up to expectations he has a good chance of being an early round pick in the NFL draft. Obviously a lot can happen between now and when he becomes eligible for the draft but if you are an early round pick in the NFL draft it is a lot safer bet that you make a roster. With baseball as raw as he is it could work out for him but more than likely it wouldn't. He can always try baseball if football doesn't work out. Someone will give still give him a shot after college. If you don't have a lot of money and sign for say 350 - 400k which I still don't think he would get, That won't last too long making 1100 dollars a month in rookie ball. And after they take out rent etc you are looking at less. In my mind football is his best shot

sandwolf
05-05-2016, 09:06 AM
If they are allowed to transfer out without sitting I'd take Brown in a second. Benito too.

Yep, me too.

shoeless joe
05-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Baseball wise he is unbelievably raw. I don't think the draft will be an issue and he will be at OM in the fall barring something crazy happening. He wants to play football and will. If he lives up to expectations he has a good chance of being an early round pick in the NFL draft. Obviously a lot can happen between now and when he becomes eligible for the draft but if you are an early round pick in the NFL draft it is a lot safer bet that you make a roster. With baseball as raw as he is it could work out for him but more than likely it wouldn't. He can always try baseball if football doesn't work out. Someone will give still give him a shot after college. If you don't have a lot of money and sign for say 350 - 400k which I still don't think he would get, That won't last too long making 1100 dollars a month in rookie ball. And after they take out rent etc you are looking at less. In my mind football is his best shot

He's already been told if he'll sign he'll get more than that.

Bubb Rubb
05-05-2016, 09:16 AM

It's usually safer to go the other way around. Try baseball for a couple of years, and he will always be able to go back to football if the talent is there.

Covercorner2
05-05-2016, 09:23 AM

If it means one more SEC win, how does it not help?

MSUDawg99
05-05-2016, 09:27 AM

I'm of this exact same opinion...like a punch to the nuts.

the59dawg
Some of the NMU elitist fascist groups wanted this to be the "kill shot" (their words) not mine to cdm. They felt like they had JS and getting AJ would be icing on the cake. What they didn't plan for was mr brown getting in a pissing match in ******* office and his teacher taking up his burner phone

+Can you say a bit more on the burner. Did he truly lose it and did it get to NCAA?

shannondawg
I don't know, but is sure would take a while to get that shit eating grin off my face.

If it means one more SEC win, how does it not help?

Jack Lambert
05-05-2016, 09:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with having guys like that, as long as you don't have so many that they take over the team and create a sense of entitlement within the program. I know I'd kill to have a few guys like Fred Smoot on our team....guys like that can inspire confidence.

There is a problem. He most likely will not want to put in the time, give coaches problems and just be a cancer in the looker room.

BB30
05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
It's usually safer to go the other way around. Try baseball for a couple of years, and he will always be able to go back to football if the talent is there.

I think success stories are more prevalent or shown more just because we watch college football more than baseball. There are several examples of guys going to baseball and coming back to football and it not working out. Look here at State, Rashun Dixon and Deshun Dixon they never got back to the players they once were. Anthony alford did football and then went to baseball and is one of the top prospects in his respective organization. It works both ways.