PDA

View Full Version : A few Ole Miss - NCAA thoughts.

AlmostPositive
05-04-2016, 10:37 AM
1. If Freeze suggested Tunsil sign on with Sexton, don't you think he would have known / learned Tunsil already had an agent /runner? SOMEBODY told Laremy his current guy was a loser, then he just happens to go with Freeze;s big time player representation.

2.a) Just as surely as Dickie Scruggs was not arrested for his only act of judicial corruption, Ole Miss made MANY impermissible payments to players. Since Thursday night, they have no idea which of their violations will be made public.

2. b) UM can never allow their actions and statements to be scrutinized in a courtroom. The media coverage alone would be disastrous. Any decent lawyer would depose all and sundry and eviscerate them. Can you imagine a televised trial with Rev Freeze on the stand? People who are guilty of what they're charged with and a lot more avoid courtrooms at all costs.

3. Ole Miss lost Institutional Control when they paid high-ability, low-character athletes to play in Oxford. Tunsil, Ndrugdeeche etc could laugh in the coaches' face if they threatened discipline. As a result, you have high profile players finsih their Ole Miss careers in drug ICU, drug jail, drug rehab. drug gas masks. The parents must be so grateful.

4 When Dan said we're not losing to Ole Miss again, how did he know the record books would prove him right?

At this point, you are a fool if you give Ole Miss athletics the benefit of any doubt on any matter. They have shown their true colors.

War Machine Dawg
05-04-2016, 10:51 AM
1. If Freeze suggested Tunsil sign on with Sexton, don't you think he would have known / learned Tunsil already had an agent /runner? SOMEBODY told Laremy his current guy was a loser, then he just happens to go with Freeze;s big time player representation.

2.a) Just as surely as Dickie Scruggs was not arrested for his only act of judicial corruption, Ole Miss made MANY impermissible payments to players. Since Thursday night, they have no idea which of their violations will be made public.

2. b) UM can never allow their actions and statements to be scrutinized in a courtroom. The media coverage alone would be disastrous. Any decent lawyer would depose all and sundry and eviscerate them. Can you imagine a televised trial with Rev Freeze on the stand? People who are guilty of what they're charged with and a lot more avoid courtrooms at all costs.

3. Ole Miss lost Institutional Control when they paid high-ability, low-character athletes to play in Oxford. Tunsil, Ndrugdeeche etc could laugh in the coaches' face if they threatened discipline. As a result, you have high profile players finsih their Ole Miss careers in drug ICU, drug jai, drug rehab. drug gas masks. The parents must be so grateful.

4 When Dan said we're not losing to Ole Miss again, how did he know the record books would prove him right?

At this point, you are a fool if you give Ole Miss athletics the benefit of any doubt on any matter. They have shown their true colors.

Technically, that was Dr. Keenum. But still funny. And true.

DownwardDawg
05-04-2016, 11:02 AM
No. That was Dan Mullen.

Dallas_Dawg
05-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Are we thinking that they will for sure have to vacate wins?

AlmostPositive
05-04-2016, 11:08 AM
No. That was Dan Mullen.

Pretty sure you are right, but I would welcome any valid correction. Whoever said it is likely to be made right after the fact.

starkvegasdawg
05-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Are we thinking that they will for sure have to vacate wins?

If they don't vacate wins then that means they're getting no sanctions at all. Vacating wins will be the least to happen.

DownwardDawg
05-04-2016, 11:11 AM
100%. There is a video. It's one of our highlight videos. Hell, the Bears played it over and over on their big screen when they finally mustered a victory over Mullen.

AlmostPositive
05-04-2016, 11:18 AM
100%. There is a video. It's one of our highlight videos. Hell, the Bears played it over and over on their big screen when they finally mustered a victory over Mullen.

I don't imagine they'll play it much after the last three Egg Bowls are vacated..

As for the likelihood of vacating wins generally, it is the best way for the NCAA to right a wrong... it's the closest thing they have to forcing an offender to make restitution. I would think it would be a no brainer in the case of willful ACT fraud and Tunsil-level violations. OM would probably prefer it to losing double digit scholarships.

Homedawg
05-04-2016, 11:18 AM

Mullen for sure said it. This is correct.

Coach34
05-04-2016, 11:35 AM
No. That was Dan Mullen.

They have both said it.

BiscuitEater
05-04-2016, 12:08 PM

Yes, they 'stormed the field' 'cause they finally beat Mullen after three straight losses.

BiscuitEater
05-04-2016, 12:13 PM
They have both said it.

Got a link? Know Mullen is on the video .. have Never heard or seen where Mark Keenum said it.

Coach34
05-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Got a link? Know Mullen is on the video .. have Never heard or seen where Mark Keenum said it.

dont know where the link is- Keenum was the only one I had heard say it before I saw the Mullen video

SheltonChoked
05-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking this will be forfeit. Not vacating. all the W's changed to L's.

sandwolf
05-04-2016, 01:05 PM

There is a video of Keenum saying it in the locker room after one of the Egg Bowl wins.

DownwardDawg
05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
There is a video of Keenum saying it in the locker room after one of the Egg Bowl wins.

No. That was Mullen.

sandwolf
05-04-2016, 04:30 PM
No. That was Mullen.

I am not saying there isn't a video of Mullen saying it. But I am telling you that there is most definitely a video of Keenum saying it.

Beaver
05-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Here's the video of Mullen saying it... Link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfANMz7f_kk)

He says it at 0:43. This video is also famous for Keenum saying "I love all of you!"

Mjoelner34
05-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Without doing any research and just trying to recall from memory, I remember Mullen saying that there was definitely one school in the state on the rise in an on-field interview on the jumbotron after his first Egg Bowl. I think I remember Keenum celebrating with the team in the locker room after an Egg Bowl win saying we'll never lose to them again. I also remember Mullen saying that but can't remember when or where.

DownwardDawg
05-04-2016, 07:13 PM
I am not saying there isn't a video of Mullen saying it. But I am telling you that there is most definitely a video of Keenum saying it.

That's fine and I have no reason not to believe you. I hope Keenem did say it, but I've never seen a video of it and this thread is the first I've heard of it. The video of Mullen saying it is famous.

fmbdawg17
05-04-2016, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwinaLmHBr8

RocketDawg
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Pretty sure you are right, but I would welcome any valid correction. Whoever said it is likely to be made right after the fact.

Yeah, pretty sure it was Dan. Right after the first time he lost to them. Pretty much a blowout loss in 2012.

And I had no idea that Keenum also said it.

If this thing goes down as hoped, they'll both be giddy.

sandwolf
05-04-2016, 11:03 PM
That's fine and I have no reason not to believe you. I hope Keenem did say it, but I've never seen a video of it and this thread is the first I've heard of it. The video of Mullen saying it is famous.

The video in this thread looks like the video that I was thinking about.....so like I said, there is most definitely a video of Dan saying it.....I am not sure whether there is a video of Keenum saying it...

BulldogBear
05-05-2016, 06:32 AM
I'm thinking this will be forfeit. Not vacating. all the W's changed to L's.

That would be fitting. We deserve to get those two back.