PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Baseball that we might care about

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
EKU beat UK 5-4. Kentucky might end up playing themselves out of a regional at this rate.

Mizzou lost to Illinois 6-4. Mizzou had been hot lately sweeping Tennessee.

Arkansas is getting beat by Missouri State 12-5 in the sixth.

bulldogcountry1
05-04-2016, 07:54 AM
Thank goodness for a baseball thread.

UK will continue their post-Cohen pattern: Start strong and fade in the end. They finish against MIZ, so that could help us a bit MIZ can win that series.

I'd like to see an analysis of midweek games and why "better" teams tend to lose more than they should. Is there a mental letdown for the better team after a tough conference weekend? What percentage of the time do the lesser teams pitch their ace?

djaymsu5
05-04-2016, 08:00 AM
Thank goodness for a baseball thread.

UK will continue their post-Cohen pattern: Start strong and fade in the end. They finish against MIZ, so that could help us a bit MIZ can win that series.

I'd like to see an analysis of midweek games and why "better" teams tend to lose more than they should. Is there a mental letdown for the better team after a tough conference weekend? What percentage of the time do the lesser teams pitch their ace?

I'd say it's a mixture of both. You definitely play down to your competition sometimes too. It's the other teams World Series.