PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between an agent and a "business manager" ?

Liverpooldawg
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/15455498/miami-dolphins-laremy-tunsil-camp-investigating-social-media-access-surrounding-bong-video-alleged-ole-miss-text-messages

Statefan
05-03-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm confused

The article states that he was working with this "business manager" that screwed him over in mid-October

His suspension ended on October 24th and he played against A&M

So this is a completely new issue to add on top of things he was suspended for?
(ignoring the fact that while he was suspended, you would think Mississippi would be making sure he stayed out of trouble)

Apoplectic
05-03-2016, 09:38 PM
This means tunsil was ineligible since October so at least those games will be forfeited. Wow it's fitting big softie turned up the heat on freezus.

Mjoelner34
05-03-2016, 09:40 PM
From the article: 'An NCAA official declined comment to Outside the Lines about whether it is investigating anything related to Tunsil's former business manager/financial adviser, citing policy that prohibits it from commenting on current, pending or potential investigations.'

Hmmmm. Guess this means it isn't over Bdork.

shannondawg
05-03-2016, 09:43 PM
If he couldn't pay the rent , how did he pay his "business manager"? I think the answer is the "business manager" was actually an agent or his employee. Which that means he should not have been eligible and I can get my $100 back from my buddy for the egg bowl bet.

This sure add credibility to his stepdads story.

PassInterference
It also means that despite bring put through the NCAA wringer all of 2015, Tunsil kept moving forward with NCAA illegalities. The NCAA will not be kind to this revelation.

Liverpooldawg
Read all the way to the end. That is a very interesting quote from step dad.

BhamBully
05-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Not to mention that Freeze spit in the face of the NCAA and showed his true colors when he decided to throw big softie a pass in the Sugar Bowl. Think about that for a minute, the NCAA had the goods on him and Tunsil and he knew it and what does he do......On the biggest stage, draws a play up for an offensive tackle to receive a td pass. If that isnt rubbing it in their face, I dont know what is. And all of that after the hotel incident in Atlanta with the spice brothers

The more that I think about it, Ole Miss deserves Freeze. They are a match made in hell

NYDawg
05-03-2016, 09:46 PM
It doesn't appear that there is a difference under NCAA Bylaw 12.02.1.

Bubb Rubb
05-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Read all the way to the end. That is a very interesting quote from step dad.

It's the best part, if anyone's paying attention.

DancingRabbit
05-03-2016, 09:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/15455498/miami-dolphins-laremy-tunsil-camp-investigating-social-media-access-surrounding-bong-video-alleged-ole-miss-text-messages

Are these people reading my posts? Am I now a source for ESPN?

The sources said the business manager gave Tunsil a new cell phone in mid-October. People close to Tunsil believe the man might have accessed Tunsil's social media accounts Thursday by logging into them through his old phone.

Or maybe I just nailed it. Last Friday.
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?43253-Tunsil-According-to-an-NFL-Agent&p=544914#post544914

BulldogBear
05-04-2016, 12:42 AM
It's the best part, if anyone's paying attention.

Yes! It! Was!

Bucky Dog
05-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Yeah we cannot overlook this admission again by Tunsil. He hired an "agent", admitted to taking a new cell phone and other things from him, both make him immediately ineligible and all wins will be forfeited. Miller knew all of this and was genuinely trying to keep him out of trouble. Yet the Sharts have made him a wife beater and opportunist. Looks like his case just got a bit stronger.
It is going to be joyous to watch them explain why Tunsil had an adviser/business manager, when apparently he had no money, because he needed his and momma's rent paid! That makes a lot of sense to me***

PassInterference
05-04-2016, 06:33 AM
The NCAA has a broad definition for an agent.

Rebels are acting like if the guy had no written contact with Tunsil, if Tunsil didn't pay him, or if the guy wasn't a registered agent - then it won't count. Well, that's bullshit just like every daily narrative that comes out of their mouth.

This whole thing is a slow motion NASCAR wreck and it is glorious.