PDA

View Full Version : East Webster wind playoff baseball game 45-0

starkvegasdawg
05-03-2016, 06:29 PM
And that was the score after just 5 innings. They had 31 players get on base via walk or HBP.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/mississippi-baseball-game-ends-45-0-mercy-rule

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I feel bad for Wes Johnson of East Webster because he wasn't trying to run the score up. You bunt the ball right back to the pitcher- and then he throws the ball away...

Ted Cruz
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
And that was the score after just 5 innings. They had 31 players get on base via walk or HBP.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/mississippi-baseball-game-ends-45-0-mercy-rule

It was only 4 innings Stark. My first cousin plays on the team and I was at the game. They called it after 4.

Maroonthirteen
05-03-2016, 09:46 PM
How's Noxubee County's baseball these days? Back in the day, we would bat around on them in every inning. I always felt so bad for them. We never scored near that many but every game I recall vs them ended after 4.

BB30
05-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Still pretty bad. I am sure some care but the majority gets to take it out on most of the teams in football so it comes back around. The thing is there are some great athletes at the school and they could probably field a pretty good team if baseball was a focus from the time they were little but most of the kids focus on football and basketball. Baseball is such a technical sport in some aspects that it is hard to just show up a few weeks before season and compete. Then not pick up a baseball until the following spring.

DanDority
05-04-2016, 09:18 AM
Still pretty bad. I am sure some care but the majority gets to take it out on most of the teams in football so it comes back around. The thing is there are some great athletes at the school and they could probably field a pretty good team if baseball was a focus from the time they were little but most of the kids focus on football and basketball. Baseball is such a technical sport in some aspects that it is hard to just show up a few weeks before season and compete. Then not pick up a baseball until the following spring.

That team should've never been in the playoffs. So, who's fault is it? MHSAA?