PDA

View Full Version : Who replaces freeze after it all drops?

Apoplectic
05-03-2016, 06:07 PM
You gotta think they have to bring in an outsider since the UNM family will be toxic to the NCAA. Since they'll probably need an AD too this could be drawn out all season. An assistant is probably out of the question as a temp coach because surely the whole staff goes too with the freeze sleeze so interwoven into the department. Do you bring in a Terry Bowden to get you to the December hiring period? John L Smith?

Who is their future coach and culture-changer? I would think'll they need the SEC commish and NCAA blessing with this hire. Would they approve of Ruffin McNeill to clean up the mess?

What a mess!! The certainly sold their souls to the devil in a beaver's hide.

Leroy Jenkins
05-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Buddy Stephens

lefty96
05-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Gruden?

msstate7
05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Who took over smu after the death penalty? He'd be a good one, since he has experience**

DancingRabbit
05-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Who took over smu after the death penalty? He'd be a good one, since he has experience**

Croom has some experience. OM fans seemed to love him.

RocketDawg
05-03-2016, 06:36 PM
They likely will have a really hard time getting anybody of note. If things happen as most seem to expect, their FB program will be in shambles for years, yet the fans will still expect wins. Whoever takes over won't last long. They probably need an up and comer who'll give them 3 or 4 years of mediocrity (e.g., a Rick Ray type) who'll appreciate a pretty good salary, but knowing it won't last all that long.

gravedigger
05-03-2016, 07:01 PM

If im not mistaken Gerald Turner, ole miss Chancellor during brewer debacle became Smu chancellor.

But ole miss blamed him for turning on brewer.

Btw, Turner was/is a great man

TStationDawg
05-03-2016, 07:22 PM
RICK RAY! Basketball on grass begins all over again!

BulldogBear
05-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Isn't it obvious? MULLEN***

CadaverDawg
05-03-2016, 07:25 PM
Maybe their psycho looking women's hoops coach? Isn't that the qualifications?

TStationDawg
05-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Good point Cadaver. Tyler Summit is available

TrapGame
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
John L. Smith or may be Ron Cooper.

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Caitlyn Jenner would be hard for the media to ding too much...could pull in a lot of new fans.

CadaverDawg
05-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Caitlyn Jenner would be hard for the media to ding too much...could pull in a lot of news fans.

Yea, no "ding" indeed.**

Would fit in well with other "males" on that campus.

Dawg61
05-03-2016, 08:37 PM
It'll be Lane Kiffin.

Really Clark?
05-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Absolute best case for them, Tommy Bowden or Jeff Bower. My hope, someone like Curly Hallman

coastdoglover
05-03-2016, 08:43 PM
It'll be Lane Kiffin.

Lane isn't that stupid. Jimmy Swaggard would fill in for Hugh without missing a beat.

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 08:49 PM
It's hard to be serious about this now, but they will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. I heard Lambuth has shut down, so OM won't be able to raid their staff.

State82
05-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Isn't it obvious? MULLEN***

Just for a few yucks his agent should put his name out there. I can just see Mullen kicked back at his desk laughing his ass off.

Political Hack
05-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Jeff Bower would actually be great guy to guide them through this in my opinion.

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 09:18 PM
They likely will have a really hard time getting anybody of note. If things happen as most seem to expect, their FB program will be in shambles for years, yet the fans will still expect wins. Whoever takes over won't last long. They probably need an up and comer who'll give them 3 or 4 years of mediocrity (e.g., a Rick Ray type) who'll appreciate a pretty good salary, but knowing it won't last all that long.

I think you nailed it. Last time they were on probation they got pretty lucky because they hired an assistant coach with no head coaching experience named Tommy Tuberville. They were damn lucky that he turned out to be a good coach. But I think they will be hit worse than they were then and then you add in everything you talked about. I could see them ending up with someone who is probably a relative unknown with either some NFL experience or college assistant experience like Croom who probably won't succeed but will keep their nose clean and get them through probation until they can actually compete with a full deck of scholarships again.

Best case scenario for them would be a retread who just wants to coach to coach and has already accomplished things in his career and just wants the challenge of cleaning up a program.

I think they are going to have a really hard time finding someone. Heck, they had a hard time finding someone to replace Nutt.

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Jeff Bower would actually be great guy to guide them through this in my opinion.

I don't know. I think USM was a special job to him and I think he put more into it than he would have at any other job. I think that's part of the reason why he hasn't gone anywhere else to coach.

They might be able to land Jay Hopson though.

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 09:21 PM
It'll be Lane Kiffin.

I imagine that the Kiffen bridge is going to be burned once they fire his brother. Plus, Lane wouldn't even go there to be Orgeron's OC.

Taog Redloh
05-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Whoever it is will simply be falling on the sword. If he sucks like Ray, they will lose, and if he's good like Kiffin, they'll probably still lose because of the sanctions.

Ted Cruz
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Yea, no "ding" indeed.**

Would fit in well with other "males" on that campus.

Holy shit. I almost chocked to death laughing at this.

Bubb Rubb
05-03-2016, 09:24 PM
I think you nailed it. Last time they were on probation they got pretty lucky because they hired an assistant coach with no head coaching experience named Tommy Tuberville. They were damn lucky that he turned out to be a good coach. But I think they will be hit worse than they were then and then you add in everything you talked about. I could see them ending up with someone who is probably a relative unknown with either some NFL experience or college assistant experience like Croom who probably won't succeed but will keep their nose clean and get them through probation until they can actually compete with a full deck of scholarships again.

Best case scenario for them would be a retread who just wants to coach to coach and has already accomplished things in his career and just wants the challenge of cleaning up a program.

I think they are going to have a really hard time finding someone. Heck, they had a hard time finding someone to replace Nutt.

They have struggled with their last three coaching hires. They settled on the unknown Orgeron after getting spurned by pipe dreams of people like Erickson. They quickly hired a retread in Houston Nutt, which may turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes they ever made (much to the delight of those in Hogville). Then they hired a little-known former girls basketball coach who grew up near Oxford but hated Ole Miss and spun him into some story worthy of a lifetime special.

Nobody with a name, a reputation in the industry, and a lick of sense is going to come to Oxford and have to deal with that fanbase and all that comes with it.

Apoplectic
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Hughes could be a good guy to punch a clock for four years plus he probably needs the state years for retirement purposes.

Needless to say their next 8 years are going to be brutal. For their sake this may be enough time for the old crooked guard to die off.

Dawg61
05-03-2016, 10:01 PM
I imagine that the Kiffen bridge is going to be burned once they fire his brother. Plus, Lane wouldn't even go there to be Orgeron's OC.

Lane will just retain him. I can't think of a more perfect fit than Lane Kiffin and Old Misses. It'll happen. Kiffin's ego is too big to give a shit about walking into a dumpster fire. The walking Nike ad is coming.

JoseBrown
05-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Ellis Johnson would be perfect hire. Someone on backside of career, yet mildly still relative. Would get paid to suck for 4 years. Then after sitting on his hands for three and a half, might be given two more years to win. We will have won 6 straight Egg Bowls and they would bring in someone new... Or Archie***

Bubb Rubb
05-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Ellis Johnson would be perfect hire. Someone on backside of career, yet mildly still relative. Would get paid to suck for 4 years. Then after sitting on his hands for three and a half, might be given two more years to win. We will have won 6 straight Egg Bowls and they would bring in someone new... Or Archie***

They wouldn't let us win that many egg bowls consecutively, no matter the situation. Hell, the reason they're in the mess they are in now is because they got worked up over us winning three in a row.

Every recruit that considers The Mississippi State University is going to have two private investigators following them everywhere they go for the foreseeable future.

DawgHouseUnited
05-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Depends. Who's coaching women's hoops at Briarcrest now?

Mutt the Hoople
05-03-2016, 10:55 PM
You gotta think they have to bring in an outsider since the UNM family will be toxic to the NCAA. Since they'll probably need an AD too this could be drawn out all season. An assistant is probably out of the question as a temp coach because surely the whole staff goes too with the freeze sleeze so interwoven into the department. Do you bring in a Terry Bowden to get you to the December hiring period? John L Smith?

Who is their future coach and culture-changer? I would think'll they need the SEC commish and NCAA blessing with this hire. Would they approve of Ruffin McNeill to clean up the mess?

What a mess!! The certainly sold their souls to the devil in a beaver's hide. Death Penalty baby!!!!!!

TUSK
05-03-2016, 11:02 PM
It'll be Lane Kiffin.

No one in the SECW wants that....

Not even MDL....

BeastMan
05-03-2016, 11:04 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/096a3ea29dc30cf5ca3727bac352edd6d176578f/c=1-0-445-334&r=x643&c=640x640/local/-/media/JacksonMS/OleMissSports/2014/09/10/1410359503000-HoustonNutt1.jpg

http://kermittheblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/nutt.jpg

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/88758/1397982905_67addca05d.jpg

CadaverDawg
05-03-2016, 11:11 PM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/096a3ea29dc30cf5ca3727bac352edd6d176578f/c=1-0-445-334&r=x643&c=640x640/local/-/media/JacksonMS/OleMissSports/2014/09/10/1410359503000-HoustonNutt1.jpg

http://kermittheblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/nutt.jpg

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_images/88758/1397982905_67addca05d.jpg

Awesome.

People. Heppin. Bidnuss.

Todd4State
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Lane will just retain him. I can't think of a more perfect fit than Lane Kiffin and Old Misses. It'll happen. Kiffin's ego is too big to give a shit about walking into a dumpster fire. The walking Nike ad is coming.

I'm going a little conspiracy theorish/foresight on my thought with Kiffen. I think Chris is going down with the Ole Miss ship when all of the show causes are given out. I think that ultimately is what will burn the bridge- but time will tell if I am right about that.

Personally I think Lane is waiting on Saban to retire. Which will probably be the next five years if I had to guess.

TUSK
05-03-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm going a little conspiracy theorish/foresight on my thought with Kiffen. I think Chris is going down with the Ole Miss ship when all of the show causes are given out. I think that ultimately is what will burn the bridge- but time will tell if I am right about that.

Personally I think Lane is waiting on Saban to retire. Which will probably be the next five years if I had to guess.

^this is the most likely scenario, IMO... Lane's "tude" has been rehabbed... but not likely his "caviar" taste...

He's gonna ride this Bammer thing out until either MDL goes all DOA or until another of 10-12 programs offer him the gig....

regardless, the closest OM will get to sniffing Lane Kiffin as a HC, is when Chris's wife drunkenly stumbles her worn out ass in to the locker room...

JoseBrown
05-04-2016, 12:05 AM
They wouldn't let us win that many egg bowls consecutively, no matter the situation. Hell, the reason they're in the mess they are in now is because they got worked up over us winning three in a row.

Every recruit that considers The Mississippi State University is going to have two private investigators following them everywhere they go for the foreseeable future.

That is the absolute truth! I'm just happy they're screwed or better be... Finally, something to look forewards to, other than us improving, that is..

JoseBrown
05-04-2016, 12:06 AM
What about the guy in the "pine box"? Would he come back for round 2?

pilldawg
05-04-2016, 12:16 AM
What about the guy in the "pine box"? Would he come back for round 2?

Rick Neuheisel

BulldogBear
05-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Hud! Hud! Hud!

I seen it dawg
05-04-2016, 06:03 AM
His dream job is ready.....Bobby Hall

blacklistedbully
05-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Carl Torbush

blacklistedbully
05-04-2016, 06:29 AM
Cooper Manning

JoseBrown
05-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Archie could always make Peyton do it, kinda redemption from the first go round. And instead of ripping his shirt off, he could just teabag everyone that stayed around...lol.

AusTexDawg
05-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Lou Holtz - he seems to have lost touch with reality, so just put up a mural called Touchdown Freezus on campus and tell him it's Notre Dame (although they'd always have to wear the navy jerseys).

Saltydog
05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
you wanna bring in to clean up a program. You wanna talk about a guy that would break EVERY rule in the book.

Homedawg
05-04-2016, 11:44 AM

Yea right. Ain't happening. John Cohen is getting fired too remember!?!?

rbdog82
05-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Matthew, Mark, Luke or John would be obvious choices to follow in Frezus' footsteps.

lastmajordog
05-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Maybe their psycho looking women's hoops coach? Isn't that the qualifications?

Man, you are GOOD!!!

funny!!!!!

gtowndawg
05-04-2016, 01:55 PM
In all seriousness, I would think it would have to be someone with Ole Miss ties. Someone that played there or something like that. Coming home to help the old school out (because nobody else will want to touch that dumpster fire). Surely they have someone in the coaching business somewhere. Someone that played at the school formerly known as Ole Miss.

starkvegasdawg
05-04-2016, 02:08 PM
In all seriousness, I would think it would have to be someone with Ole Miss ties. Someone that played there or something like that. Coming home to help the old school out (because nobody else will want to touch that dumpster fire). Surely they have someone in the coaching business somewhere. Someone that played at the school formerly known as Ole Miss.

Jerrell Powe

TrapGame
05-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Jerrell Powe

That'd be a helluva play book!

http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/11/22/635838192382834840-1835801179_-VbwDyxrNsZBEiiY1GLaMq8bbiL8VLjMnOlvqT1zD50jkNuXAj3 QzYRwjq0PZb02DNBsTQLk_ytVEqO1WlhB_J2ZR1PSf29uBLia7 brCxpf8crhYN0EViSdh74L-cgt2zCx5RrKE

blacklistedbully
05-04-2016, 02:18 PM
John Fourcade

blacklistedbully
05-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Seriously though, they should at least try to convince Kent Austin to come back.

Political Hack
05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
It'll either be an alumni, someone with ties to the program, or a young eager beaver with dreams of winning against all odds. You see how the young eager beaver turned out for them last time, so going with a retread might be their best bet.

I honestly think Bower would be a HR hire considering the circumstances. He can find consistency in a program through coaching without elite talent. That's what they'll need.

TrapGame
05-04-2016, 02:30 PM
It'll either be an alumni, someone with ties to the program, or a young eager beaver with dreams of winning against all odds. You see how the young eager beaver turned out for them last time, so going with a retread might be their best bet.

I honestly think Bower would be a HR hire considering the circumstances. He can find consistency in a program through coaching without elite talent. That's what they'll need.

And that's the reason they're in this mess. No one eager and certainly not a beaver on the next coach.

Jarius
05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
The new coach at USM would be the best that they could do but I don't think he would take it. I still don't think Freeze gets fired, but after the sanctions that they are about to get, who cares? He can't win without cheating anyway.

Bubb Rubb
05-04-2016, 03:08 PM
The new coach at USM would be the best that they could do but I don't think he would take it. I still don't think Freeze gets fired, but after the sanctions that they are about to get, who cares? He can't win without cheating anyway.

He's not the best in-game coach and his playcalling is predictable. If there is a way to permanently handcuff his recruiting, I'd love for him to stay at Ole Miss forever. They deserve each other.