PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss: A national embarrassment.

Swagger Vance
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
They are being flamed on every football forum I can find, whether SEC or beyond. I can't find another person that will defend them, outside of their own fan-base. Their defenders are making themselves look worse and losing their own credibility in the process. At this point the verdict doesn't matter. They have been convicted in the court of public opinion, and their credibility will be in question as long as their current coach and AD are around. Their recruiting will inevitably suffer, as the spot-light will be shining on them for many years to come, and other coaches use this against them in the recruiting process. How far the decline will be is hard to say, but there is no doubt that the national perception of their program has been tarnished for some years to come.

jbjones
05-03-2016, 01:51 PM
At this point the verdict doesn't matter. They have been convicted in the court of public opinion, and their credibility will be in question as long as their current coach and AD are around.

They are a National and Statewide embarrassment, we agree there. But I don't think it all goes away with the AD and coach leaving. I think as long as they sport their 'OM' moniker, this stain will be the asterisk in the footnotes.

Hell, it's highly likely this will always be the footnote that dominates any noteworthy mention of that institution. And that'll be just fine; Restitution for the MS residents that weren't supportive of their blatant cheating and outright dishonesty.

BulldogBear
05-03-2016, 02:54 PM
They are a National and Statewide embarrassment, we agree there. But I don't think it all goes away with the AD and coach leaving. I think as long as they sport their 'OM' moniker, this stain will be the asterisk in the footnotes.

Hell, it's highly likely this will always be the footnote that dominates any noteworthy mention of that institution. And that'll be just fine; Restitution for the MS residents that weren't supportive of their blatant cheating and outright dishonesty.
I like the way you think

Jack Lambert
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
And Freeze has a 2" dick. That's with a boner.