PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure most of us realize this but . . .

DawgNDCity
05-03-2016, 01:14 PM
UNM has to use their "unofficial" mouthpieces to try and salve the congregation at this point (at least the ones that are still loyal). Up until this point, everything that they have stated publicly has been extremely calculated. It was deceitful and veiled but not typically an explicit lie. At least not ones that the NCAA could use to hurt them. Now the lies they told to their fans, on the other hand, may be a different story when this is all said and done.
They've masterfully used their loyal affiliated mouthpieces and even the friendly public media to deflect and deny for them throughout the process while only issuing few public statements. And all this deflection has served them well while the goal was simply hiding the NOA from the public. But now Tunsil has spilled his story and the university is in a predicament.
As far as the NCAA, UNM knows their best and only strategy is to just shut up and keep quiet. Wait for the punishment and try not to dig themselves in any deeper. But how will they keep the fans calm and the recruits from transferring? Well, they'll tell lies like they've been doing. But they can't tell them in any official capacity because that just gives the NCAA more justification for bringing the hammer. So they'll continue to use their bloggers, personalities, and other media to tell their lies for them.
In short, it's fine for Alford, Chuck, Yancy et al to say there is a fund and documentation for all this Tunsil stuff. Those bear fans and recruits who are looking for something to believe in will latch on to it because it's their only hope -- even if it's completely fabricated and easily proven false. But Ole Miss can't officially tell that lie because, when they do, more punishment is going to be tacked on to an already brutal list. I think the best assumptions are that Tunsil's revelation didn't square with a whole host of previous interviews within the UNM athletic department. Many statements that previously may have been given the benefit of the doubt regarding the truth are now shown to be false or, at the very least, have been contradicted.
So yeah, the only thing I'm really waiting on is UNM's next official move, not the sideshow spin doctors. That, I think, will reveal a lot.

Political Hack
05-03-2016, 01:18 PM
They'll be silent until the resignations come in. Then they'll have their scape goat. The only question is who's head is Ole Miss willing to put on the chopping block and who's head is the NCAA willing to take?

At this point it's Bjork, Freeze, or both. It's gotten that ugly for them.

War Machine Dawg
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Paragraphs, man. Use them.

Mjoelner34
05-03-2016, 01:27 PM
They'll be silent until the resignations come in. Then they'll have their scape goat. The only question is who's head is Ole Miss willing to put on the chopping block and who's head is the NCAA willing to take?

At this point it's Bjork, Freeze, or both. It's gotten that ugly for them.

That's what I'm wondering. I think something was mentioned about this last week on here but I'm not sure. My thinking is that if Vitter is the one who comes out and speaks at a presser about the NOA, then Bdork and Freezus are both gone. If Bdork comes out, he may be safe but Freezus may be gone.

Tbonewannabe
05-03-2016, 01:31 PM
If they let this go into next week then you know it is bad. I would expect them to release something on Friday so hopefully it gets buried in the weekend.

DanDority
05-03-2016, 01:33 PM

Listen to ^this^

Apoplectic
05-03-2016, 01:48 PM
I keep hearing they've offered bdork but the ncaa wants freezus since he is the source of the institutionalized corruption.

DawgNDCity
05-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Will do

War Machine Dawg
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Now that my grammar Nazi tendencies have been satisfied, here's a productive comment:

Like I said on Friday, the Chancellor is going to be forced to step in now. We know at least two facts to be true: 1) Northern Miss coaches have actively participated in paying players and 2) There has been an ongoing ACT scam in Waynesboro to get athletes qualified.

Given facts 1 and 2, is it a stretch to believe further academic fraud is being committed once these players get to campus? If a program is so desperate to get players into school they set up a massive ACT scam, you would be a fool to believe grade changing, "no show" classes, students being paid to take tests/write papers for athletes, etc. isn't occurring.

The academic integrity of the institution is now in question. Considering the accreditation of UNC is in trouble for what I will assume is less serious academic infractions (no allegations of athletes having entrance exams taken for them), one has to at at least guess the accreditation of Northern Miss will be reviewed. The Chancellor can't afford to sit on this. The school and its academic credibility are infinitely more important than the athletics program.

Heads have to roll and you can bet the Chancellor won't let it be his. Freeze and Bjork are toast. It's just a matter of when at this point. It could be tomorrow, it could be July, it could be October, but rest assured, big names are going to get the axe before the NCAA swings the penalty hammer.

Tbonewannabe
05-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Now that my grammar Nazi tendencies have been satisfied, here's a productive comment:

Like I said on Friday, the Chancellor is going to be forced to step in now. We know at least two facts to be true: 1) Northern Miss coaches have actively participated in paying players and 2) There has been an ongoing ACT scam in Waynesboro to get athletes qualified.

Given facts 1 and 2, is it a stretch to believe further academic fraud is being committed once these players get to campus? If a program is so desperate to get players into school they set up a massive ACT scam, you would be a fool to believe grade changing, "no show" classes, students being paid to take tests/write papers for athletes, etc. isn't occurring.

The academic integrity of the institution is now in question. Considering the accreditation of UNC is in trouble for what I will assume is less serious academic infractions (no allegations of athletes having entrance exams taken for them), one has to at at least guess the accreditation of Northern Miss will be reviewed. The Chancellor can't afford to sit on this. The school and its academic credibility are infinitely more important than the athletics program.

Heads have to roll and you can bet the Chancellor won't let it be his. Freeze and Bjork are toast. It's just a matter of when at this point. It could be tomorrow, it could be July, it could be October, but rest assured, big names are going to get the axe before the NCAA swings the penalty hammer.

What did Jones get canned for? I had heard Jones was a very good person so why would the big donors shove him out the door?

War Machine Dawg
05-03-2016, 09:29 PM
What did Jones get canned for? I had heard Jones was a very good person so why would the big donors shove him out the door?

Because he stood up against the Kimdeechee plot to have Kimchee Sr hired at UMC. He wasn't "all in" with the shenanigans on the athletic side. Plus he was pushing the nickname and school name change, i.e. U of M Black Bears.

Spiderman
05-04-2016, 07:11 AM
They are silent because the Hacker is still out there.

The only way they can talk publicly with no fear, is to tell only the truth about Tunsil.

And noway in hell are they gonna do that.

They can't come out with their usual bullshit, out of fear that the Hacker would respond with another release of info to show they are lying again.

Spin , the message, and perception are the life blood of their marketing and PR.

Right now, thankfully, they can't control the message.

They are bunkered down in fear.

Reason2succeed
05-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Many statements that previously may have been given the benefit of the doubt regarding the truth are now shown to be false or, at the very least, have been contradicted.

You mean the NCAA won't believe that their coaches accident butt-dialed recruits during the dead period???****

Tbonewannabe
05-04-2016, 08:25 AM
They are silent because the Hacker is still out there.

The only way they can talk publicly with no fear, is to tell only the truth about Tunsil.

And noway in hell are they gonna do that.

They can't come out with their usual bullshit, out of fear that the Hacker would respond with another release of info to show they are lying again.

Spin , the message, and perception are the life blood of their marketing and PR.

Right now, thankfully, they can't control the message.

They are bunkered down in fear.

I think this is the biggest thing right now. How many times has Hugh Freeze defended himself on twitter from just random people saying things? Now in the most crucial time to defend himself, he isn't even talking to the media who has defended him in the past. Their nuts must be drawed up waiting on the other shoe to drop to go completely silent.

Mjoelner34
05-04-2016, 08:26 AM
I think this is the biggest thing right now. How many times has Hugh Freeze defended himself on twitter from just random people saying things? Now in the most crucial time to defend himself, he isn't even talking to the media who has defended him in the past. Their nuts must be drawed up waiting on the other shoe to drop to go completely silent.

Yep. I believe Spiderman nailed it.