PDA

View Full Version : How will the Dodgers finish?

nemsdawg
08-17-2013, 10:29 PM
I knew they were hot of late but they are smoldering! I am a Cardinals fan and they are solid, but the Dodgers were 42-8 over their last 50! That is unheard of in today's game. Most good teams play .500 ball a good portion of the season. They just showed the '42 Cardinals and '41 Yankees were the last teams to have a stretch that good and both won the WS. I never considered them a WS caliber team but looks like are now.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 10:33 PM
I keep telling myself they've peaked too early and they'll come back to earth by the playoffs. I'm beginning to wonder. Hopefully the braves can lock up home field (best home record in mlb) and that'll be the advantage they need.

Will James
08-17-2013, 10:40 PM
They have been by far the best offense since the Break. The Tigers are a relatively distant second. .350 OBP as a team!

They have been by far the best pitching team since the Break. The Tigers are a relatively distant second. 2.09 ERA as a team!

That would be a GREAT World Series. I'm hoping it works out.

bobcat91
08-17-2013, 10:43 PM
I keep telling myself they've peaked too early and they'll come back to earth by the playoffs. I'm beginning to wonder. Hopefully the braves can lock up home field (best home record in mlb) and that'll be the advantage they need.

The NL playoffs are going to be great. I looked at the Dodgers schedule for the rest of the year and there is no way that they don't have the best record and home field advantage. Their pitching is dominant. Unless they have an injury to Grinke or Kershaw, they look to be the team to beat.

Dawg61
08-17-2013, 10:49 PM
I've been watching the Dodgers a lot since they called up Puig. They have tremendous chemistry on that team. The talent was always there but it was missing the spark. Puig brought that to that team. It's not so much that Puig is an excellent player (I think he's better than Bryce Harper) but Puig has somehow brought out the best in Hanley, Adrian, Crawford, and a few others. They are getting production from their role players too like Mark Ellis, AJ Ellis and Juan Uribe. They still have Matt Kemp on the DL and he's supposed to be their best player. Truly amazing they've gone 43-8 without Kemp. Kershaw and the pitching is FILTHY too. The Dodgers are DAMN GOOD this year but they still aren't the clear cut favorite to win the WS. The Tigers are so nasty with Cabrera. They are the team I think wins this year.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Well the braves have the best record now, so I'm not sure about that. The braves are 21-6 in second half. The dodgers are 25-3.

Will James
08-17-2013, 10:54 PM
The NL playoffs are going to be great. I looked at the Dodgers schedule for the rest of the year and there is no way that they don't have the best record and home field advantage. Their pitching is dominant. Unless they have an injury to Grinke or Kershaw, they look to be the team to beat.

It'll be tough to knock the Braves out of home field. The NL East sucks! Miami REALLY sucks.

Braves also get series against the Padres and Cubs... Who suck. The Braves have 39 games left. Only 7 games are against teams better than .500. NONE OF THOSE GAMES ARE IN SEPTEMBER!

LA has two huge series with Boston and Cincinnati. Much tougher division. 7 games each vs SF and ARI. 40 games left... 13 vs teams >.500

Dawg61
08-17-2013, 10:55 PM
One strange thing about the Dodgers recent run is that the Giants have completely fallen apart. It's like all the mojo was stolen from the Giants and went straight into the Dodgers.

Will James
08-17-2013, 10:55 PM
The Tigers are so nasty with Cabrera. They are the team I think wins this year.

Agreed.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-18-2013, 12:06 AM
You should be worried about the Braves peaking too early just as much as the Dodgers. Nothing can go wrong for the Braves right now, and they're coming up with all the big hits when they need them. I think the Braves are more likely to fizzle out than the Dodgers. I feel like the Tigers are going to win the World Series right now though, they have the experience from last year and have been playing really consistent ball all year.

msstate7
08-18-2013, 12:17 AM
You should be worried about the Braves peaking too early just as much as the Dodgers. Nothing can go wrong for the Braves right now, and they're coming up with all the big hits when they need them. I think the Braves are more likely to fizzle out than the Dodgers. I feel like the Tigers are going to win the World Series right now though, they have the experience from last year and have been playing really consistent ball all year.

Hater. J/k. Trust me I worry about all my sports teams. I'm very pessimistic

messageboardsuperhero
08-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I could see the NL going to Atlanta, St. Louis, or LA. Maybe Pittsburgh or Cincinnati could make a run, but I doubt it.

Detroit is the class of the AL. They've got the starting pitching and the firepower on offense. The only team I would see as a realistic threat to them in any series before the WS is Tampa Bay.

This is a really exciting time for baseball, in my opinion. There are so many great young stars, Cabrera is trying to make a run at consecutive triple crown seasons, Kershaw is having one of the greatest seasons of all time, replay expansion was just announced for the future, etc. I really can't wait for the postseason. I have a feeling it's going to be absolutely killer this year.

Will James
08-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Kershaw is having one of the greatest seasons of all time

My CY Young vote goes to Harvey in the NL, King Felix in the AL

Of course they'll probably give it to Scherzer and Wainwright*

MsStateBaseball
08-18-2013, 07:11 AM
Dodgers versus Tigers in World Series.

msstate7
08-18-2013, 08:33 AM
I said braves over tigers in sps mlb prediction thread. I'll stick with it.

I seen it dawg
08-18-2013, 09:06 AM
And Dodgers are about to activate Brian Wilson. If he gives them a dominant inning every other night at the back end of the game it just makes them even more unbeatable and makes them look like geniuses for gambling on signing him.

messageboardsuperhero
08-18-2013, 09:22 AM
My CY Young vote goes to Harvey in the NL, King Felix in the AL

You're the only person I've seen recently go against Kershaw. Why is that? I'm just curious.

msstate7
08-18-2013, 09:31 AM
You're the only person I've seen recently go against Kershaw. Why is that? I'm just curious.

Not will, but here's a few things. Harvey strikes more out. Their whip is practically identical. Kershaw has more wins, but Harvey has a better winning %. If you reversed teams around them, I believe Harvey's numbers would be much better than kershaws. That said I'd still vote kershaw, but it's closer than most realize.

Will James
08-18-2013, 10:56 AM

K/9 - Harvey 9.83 Kershaw 8.61
BB/9- Harvey 1.68 Kershaw 1.89
FIP - Harvey 2.02 Kershaw 2.39
SIERA Harvey 2.65 Kershaw 3.10

Now this is just right now. It's VERY close and if the Mets shut Harvey down then Kershaw will easily be the pick. Kershaw also has more IP which puts it almost dead even for me. But there's no question Harvey has been the most dominant arm this year, imo.