PDA

View Full Version : Culture of Corruption

starkvegasdawg
05-03-2016, 12:36 PM
I briefly mentioned the following in another post response a few days ago, but it was thrown together quickly and I wanted to take the time and fully wrap my thoughts around this. The OP was basically why is TSUN constantly making news for all the wrong reasons. My thinking is why are we surprised? They are the most dishonest and criminal institution from top to bottom I have ever seen. I offer this in support of that statement:
A decent percentage of the players they recruit and sign have questionable/criminal pasts. Just here in recent years we have Chad Kelly (threatening to commit murder), Stringfellow (assault), player from Washington (sexual assault), and the list goes on and on and on. This started back in the Nutt regime when he would take players and transfers of questionable character to ?hep? them. Then you have players already on roster that get in legal trouble and it is covered up or just ignored. The football team causing a play performance to be cut short due to them hurling slurs at the actors, a frat boy being beat to within an inch of his life, players jumping out of motel windows, players being found near death after overdosing, multiple drug offenses. The Fulmer cup standings almost always have TSUN at or near the top every year. But why do these types of players always end up at TSUN? Because criminal activity is not confined to just the players.
Out of the current athletic department staff I know of at least two active coaches with criminal records in Kiffen and Kennedy, and we all know the rumors surrounding Freeze as a basketball coach. They obviously have no higher standards for the coaches than the players. Why should players try to do what is right when the coaches in charge of mentoring those players are just as dirty?
So why would the boosters stand for it? Well, they?re no better either. One of their biggest boosters, Dickie Scruggs, just got out of prison for bribing a judge. Another big booster on the coast fresh out of jail and immediately in trouble again for trying to skirt city ordinances.
And please don?t forget this behavior transcends the athletic program. We have the near riot after the last presidential election. We have the noose hung on the James Meredith statue. They have the buildings on campus that still have bullet holes in them from when the army had to force integration.
This is the culture of the University of Mississippi. It has always been one that has seen itself above the law and where the rules of society do not apply. A complete and total culture of corruption. That is the element that is attracted to UM. So please, don?t be surprised when they make the news in a negative light. Be surprised when they don?t.

Pollodawg
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Entrenched, institutional corruption. There's no way to say it other than that. The whole structre is rotten from the core and has done nothing but lie to its recruits, players, its own fans, beat writers, and employees for years now.

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
It seems that Rebel Nation is okay with a win at all costs approach.

Think about this for a minute: How do you discipline a player for say, smoking pot repeatedly, when he knows he can shut your program down with one call to the NCAA?

Losing three consecutive Egg Bowls drove them over the edge. They're about to hit bottom.

Political Hack
05-03-2016, 12:50 PM
Loss Of Instutional Control.

Mjoelner34
05-03-2016, 12:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8HhL3M5.gif

MadDawg
05-03-2016, 12:57 PM
And keep in mind their cheating/recruiting apparently really picked up steam about the same time their most esteemed alumnus got out of federal prison for attempting to bribe a judge.

Liverpooldawg
05-03-2016, 01:43 PM

I disagree. If this stuff is true it would appear that it whatever is going on IS under the control of the institution, or at least some parts of the institution.

BulldogBacker
05-03-2016, 02:30 PM

I think the "system" had the tacit approval of the Athletic Department. That means the cheating was under Institutional Management and Control.

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 02:33 PM
RICO trumps LOI any day... the Feds would wind up owning a few thousand acres they could plow under and turn into low-income housing

C222
05-03-2016, 02:45 PM
"Culture of non-compliance." Remember those words.

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Culture of Chi Omegas on their knees.