PDA

View Full Version : How The NCAA Uses Tunsil's Statement

KB549
05-03-2016, 11:36 AM
I think what's lost here is the simplest solution that everyone is overlooking. The Bears are quick to point out that the NCAA can't use a public statement from Tunsil. While that may be true, Ole Miss released a statement on Friday morning saying that they would investigate the allegations. If they do not produce evidence where he was paid legitimately, then they will have to self-report that he may have it received an improper benefit. At that point, it will be up to them to prove that he did not receive it.

I find it funny that many of the Bears are trying to claim it was only $305 (especially on The Rant). This is either ignorance or typical spin by them. What part of the "context" do they not get? "I thought we agreed on an amount. That number keeps changing." Where he says that number keeps changing means he is asking for different amounts of money every month. Where he says I thought we ALL agreed on an amount, means there was a agreement in place for a certain amount of money to change hands every month to pay the bills. Notice the word ALL. Lindsey Miller is probably included in that "ALL". Freezus might be too. Then Tunsil replies with " I don't know I thought everything was included in the rent." Put it all together and what makes the most sense? There was an agreement to pay the Tunsil/Miller family a set amount per month for rent and living expenses. Then Tunsil figured out he can swindle them out of a little more money every month by saying I need help, I need a favor, etc. What are they going to do, say no?

Playing devils advocate, let's assume that they did file paperwork to use money out of the NCAA fund to cover HIS rent and utilities. They are still screwed because the text is an admission that he was using the money for his mothers utilities instead. The NCAA can hammer them on fraudulent use of the opportunity fund and trying to game the system and systematically cheat.

Bye Bears. Looks like we are going to have to refigure out how to play an SEC schedule with 6 teams from the West and 7 teams from the East participating. Does Sewanee still field a team?

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 11:42 AM
It was more than $305, more than a few times. And it had nothing to do with Mama's 'lectric. Tunsil was out for himself, as he had been when he took the cars and free loans. Gas masks don't buy themselves.

Coach34
05-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Really good 1st post

Bucky Dog
05-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Nice first post! Yes the NCAA can use the statement, they can use whatever they want to. There is no way the Bears can explain how Tunsil's family was able to move to Oxford to a house that costs twice as much as the one in FL, and how they were making a living. Period. And the NCAA already knows this too.
Freeze is done, and yes the Bears are both ignorant, and trying to spin and deflect.

Mjoelner34
05-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Does Sewanee still field a team?

Bring back Tulane!!!!!!!

TrapGame
05-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Post more. That's excellent!

1bigdawg
05-03-2016, 12:27 PM
The Bears are quick to point out that the NCAA can't use a public statement from Tunsil. While that may be true,

The NCAA can use a public statement from Tunsil. In fact, it could be admitted in a court of law, at least as a rebuttal. The bigger point is the NCAA does not have to prove anything. They can punish on what they believe to be true. I think they will believe Tunsil's statement. Period.

JoseBrown
05-03-2016, 12:37 PM
The NCAA can use a public statement from Tunsil. In fact, it could be admitted in a court of law, at least as a rebuttal. The bigger point is the NCAA does not have to prove anything. They can punish on what they believe to be true. I think they will believe Tunsil's statement. Period.

And after being thoroughly embarrassed by the clan from up north once again, the NCAA will also believe Freezus disappeared because of Tunsils statements... Hahaha! GTHOM