PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating article that should make Ole Miss nervous

YazooDawg23
05-03-2016, 10:22 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/718845-usc-and-the-reggie-bush-infractions-the-cliffs-notes-version

The NCAA never even proved USC paid Reggie Bush a dime yet they still hammered them.

smootness
05-03-2016, 10:30 AM
The bottom line on USC is that they got hammered because the NCAA wanted to hammer them. They thought USC was making a mockery of the student-athlete label and wanted to make an example. Their actual violations were pretty tame, but they got hammered because they were always going to get hammered.

That is not a good sign for Ole Miss.

Reason2succeed
05-03-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm not so sure how much I would rely on a bleacher report article. But I see your bleacher report and will raise you a news report from about 25 years ago and show you that OM is FAR BEYOND anything that SMU got busted with.

https://youtu.be/lMs2_A1vr6g

TrapGame
05-03-2016, 10:38 AM
I'm saying Freeze gets a show cause now. They won't give out the death penalty but they'll cap a m'fer in the knee for sure.

Beaver
05-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Interesting... So even a self-sanctioned violation contributed to their LOIC. Seems pretty clear that OM's violation in Women's bball, Track, and Football outweigh those of USC's.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-03-2016, 11:09 AM
2:00 - 2:18...I guess OM never had knowledge of this ordeal....They didn't learn from this example

Really Clark?
05-03-2016, 11:20 AM
A big part of what hurt USC is what has hurt programs lately, they did not TRY to keep their departments in compliance and did not investigate Bush when questions were raised to the football program and compliance before the Yahoo article was published or the NCAA investigation. They knew reporters were digging aroun for nearly year and did not really launch an investigation themselves. They knew or with some investigation should have known there were improper benefits being extended to Bush. OJ Mayo was very much proven and the NCAA also stated that they will give stiffer penalties when high profile atheletes were involved. The NCAA with the new rules have also stated that ignorance will be penalized just as hard as if you knew of a violation.