PDA

View Full Version : Arrogance or Denial?

GTHOM
05-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Have a real good buddy of mine who is an OM guy. He full out told me today that ''They wont prove it, if they did we still wont get that bad of a punishment for it!!!''

starkvegasdawg
05-02-2016, 05:22 PM
C. All of the above.

Interesting they aren't denying it any more. No "Freeze runs a clean program". Now they're just saying they can't prove it.

RocketDawg
05-02-2016, 05:26 PM
I have a feeling ... maybe it's just the "MSU Happens" syndrome ... but I have a feeling that the punishment won't be nearly as bad as most expect.

I've also got to wonder if Bjork was complicity in all this, or is it all on Freeze and his cohorts and unbeknownst to Bjork. And I've still got to wonder what the new chancellor thinks about all this ... will he fire Freeze just because he cast disparity on the university?

BayouDawg
05-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Even if the NCAA had to "prove" allegations, tonsil just saved the NCAA a months worth of work. Most schools in the bears situation would have already self imposed a bowl ban and scholly reductions to try and get the prison rape over quickly. I guess the bears enjoy being sodomized because they're doing all they can to keep it going

GTHOM
05-02-2016, 05:27 PM
C. All of the above.

Interesting they aren't denying it any more. No "Freeze runs a clean program". Now they're just saying they can't prove it.

Hahaha whats crazy is he started off by saying ''When did I ever deny it!!''

Bubb Rubb
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Have a real good buddy of mine who is an OM guy. He full out told me today that ''They wont prove it, if they did we still wont get that bad of a punishment for it!!!''

It's different now. The arrogance will dissipate more and more. What happened last Thursday night was a game changer. Denial will be the standard emotion as long as David, Yancy, and Chuck keep spinning and parroting the company line. Once they turn, it's going to get ugly fast.

shannondawg
05-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Its no way possible to be as bad as I want it to be, I have just resigned myself to that fact. But your buddy is dreaming or wishful thinking.

On another subject: I subscribe to a conservative news site called Daily Caller. The one this afternoon had one of the bullet points: "Where to get a Bong like Larry Tunsil uses". They have them on Amazon as Party gas masks for hookas. 29.95. I bet sales boom for awhile.
They could headline them and say "Use this and lose 12 million dollars overnight and don't give a shit"

Jack Lambert
05-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Do they not understand that the NCAA doesn't have to prove anything? It's what they believe.

I also want to add that denial is the first step in finding out you have terminal cancer.

GTHOM
05-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Do they not understand that the NCAA doesn't have to prove anything? It's what they believe.

I also want to add that denial is the first step in finding out you have terminal cancer.

Naw they dont get that. Just shows how much they really know about the whole deal

Mjoelner34
05-02-2016, 05:51 PM

LOL I saw some on nafoom or one of their other boards saying that it didn't matter what Tunsil said the other night because since he didn't say it to an NCAA official that was questioning him, they couldn't use it.

RocketDawg
05-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Its no way possible to be as bad as I want it to be, I have just resigned myself to that fact. But your buddy is dreaming or wishful thinking.

On another subject: I subscribe to a conservative news site called Daily Caller. The one this afternoon had one of the bullet points: "Where to get a Bong like Larry Tunsil uses". They have them on Amazon as Party gas masks for hookas. 29.95. I bet sales boom for awhile.
They could headline them and say "Use this and lose 12 million dollars overnight and don't give a shit"

Figgered it would be illegal to sell such a thing in the US ... except in states where marijuana is legal (and they're still violating federal law). Surprised that Amazon would sell and endorse.

BulldogBear
05-02-2016, 07:16 PM
LOL I saw some on nafoom or one of their other boards saying that it didn't matter what Tunsil said the other night because since he didn't say it to an NCAA official that was questioning him, they couldn't use it.
Gary Parrish said something along those lines on OOB this morning. I was wondering where that comes from. I thought the NCAA pretty much could take anything you say at face value. In a legal or criminal matter it couldn't be evidence but it could get you picked up as a suspect. Well, at that point, the NCAA doesn't need anything further as they are both Judge and Jury. All you have to do is be a suspect, and then they can decide whether or not you are guilty. They don't have to prove anything to a jury.

blacklistedbully
05-02-2016, 07:24 PM

Yep, a lot of that on Rivals, as well as:

"We already told the NCAA, that's why Tunsil sat for 7 games. No more penalty coming."

"Yes, it was a violation, but it's not the big deal y'all are hoping for. We are looking at 12 over 3, have long known this, so took steps by stockpiling unused scholarships. We have 8 unused, so the impact of 12 being taken away will be negligible."

parabrave
05-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Had one tell me today that the ncaa was onto MSU now because we paid Simmons 37,000. Yes he even gave a amount similar to this. Then how bad MSU was for getting Simmons who hit a girl.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-02-2016, 08:22 PM
$37k That was a damn bargain for Simmons.

Liverpooldawg
05-02-2016, 08:26 PM
Y'all better batten down the hatches. They will be flinging all kinds of crap our way. We probably better be glad we have Brackey right now.

DeputyDawg94
05-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Things like that are not illegal until you put an illegal substance in it. A person can have a glass pipe all day long, but when crack or meth is put in it becomes paraphernalia at that point.

Mjoelner34
05-02-2016, 08:43 PM
Had one tell me today that the ncaa was onto MSU now because we paid Simmons 37,000. Yes he even gave a amount similar to this. Then how bad MSU was for getting Simmons who hit a girl.

Well, according to their own logic about Tunsil and his statement Thursday night, we have NOTHING to worry about unless Simmons specifically tells an NCAA investigator that we paid him $37k so why would the NCAA even bother with us? Bear-logic. Two words that never go together.

TrapGame
05-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Y'all better batten down the hatches. They will be flinging all kinds of crap our way. We probably better be glad we have Brackey right now.

If they get hit as hard as some believe they will be, they will lash out at us with an unbridled hatred. They will seek to drag us into the hell they made for themselves. If they don't we will leave them in the dust. They cannot let that happen. After five years of probation and additional sanctions they'd be Tulane and we'd be LSU.

Coach34
05-02-2016, 09:53 PM

what they don't seem to understand is that the NCAA doesn't have line item penalties for violations. They give you in the NOA what they can prove- and then the penalties are whatever in the hell they want. When told this- OM fans respond with "well we'll sue". No you aren't. The SEC is gonna tell you to stfu and take your medicine.

Tunsil made thier their penalties worse Thursday night. The NCAA has no choice but to set an example after the shitshow on national TV. It may not "officially" be named in a document-but you can damn well bet it's going to be used. He also opened more doors on where to look for things. OM is in trouble and their administration knows it

Coach34
05-02-2016, 09:56 PM
If they get hit as hard as some believe they will be, they will lash out at us with an unbridled hatred. They will seek to drag us into the hell they made for themselves. If they don't we will leave them in the dust. They cannot let that happen. After five years of probation and additional sanctions they'd be Tulane and we'd be LSU.

Thats already started. It's a certainty. They simply can't handle being below us. Those 3 losses in a row drove them to this

PassInterference
05-03-2016, 07:11 AM
Ole Miss has some staff now protecting their Twitter accounts (meaning tweets no longer public). The noose is getting tighter.

But it's all minor issues and mostly against previous staff, right?

AlmostPositive
05-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Arrogance or Denial?

I would have to say yes.

They had to cheat to beta us. They can't cheat any more.

chef dixon
05-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Here's what people forget: the admitting to the media is just a bonus. There were already strong, and so far correct, sources that have been saying the ship is sinking and will come to a head. This wasn't the head, but Ole Miss fans think it is.