PDA

View Full Version : SEC Network reports

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 02:58 PM
That the NCAA will be taking a closer look into Tunsil and Conner, per sources.

ETA. Sorry meant Treadwell not Tunsil

Well sorry guys. It seems Dori is saying he said Tunsil only not Treadwell and Conner. DS also clarified it with Dori on Twitter.

BossDawg
05-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Tony Conner? The ACT cheat?

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Dori Nowk...however you spell the name, stated that on ESPN radio

TrapGame
05-02-2016, 03:07 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/ae6f150282f2c6fb76844f0e6844968b/tumblr_inline_mmz3gkF7nY1qz4rgp.gif

SignalToNoise
At the conclusion of all this business there will be a smoking crater where Oxford once was.

Tbonewannabe
It would be interesting to find out where Paidwell got all those 100 dollar bills he posted on twitter right after his trip to Oxford.

GreaterCowbell
Per Yancy.. Coach34 now owns the SEC Network**

Political Hack
05-02-2016, 03:08 PM
If the SEC is reporting this they've abandoned the rebels at the alter. They've been nex to silent this whole time on the ongoing investigation. Now they're forced to recognize and report it, which will impact their ability to squash it. I don't think they'd be bringing attention to something they plan to help discredit or fight.

Bucky Dog
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
It would be interesting to find out where Paidwell got all those 100 dollar bills he posted on twitter right after his trip to Oxford.

You mean DURING his trip to Oxford!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Ole miss wanted to win so bad they couldn't let Conner go to Juco and run the risk of losing him. Now they've screwed themselves and unfortunately for Conner, the might have ruined his career as well.

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 03:15 PM
If the SEC is reporting this they've abandoned the rebels at the alter. They've been nex to silent this whole time on the ongoing investigation. Now they're forced to recognize and report it, which will impact their ability to squash it. I don't think they'd be bringing attention to something they plan to help discredit or fight.

I agree. One of their major hopes to keeping the penalties down, and make no mistake regardless of what the UNM "insiders" have been saying penalties have always been coming, is the conference helping protect them. Have to believe with so many in the league, especially the elite programs wanting UNM brought in line, that the SEC was being very careful with how they acted in this situation. Thursday night was a big black eye for the league.

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I think the NCAA might be about to get medieval on OM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1s3qjo0WYvI/UJpiXCW8iCI/AAAAAAAAANE/6qZDLqdu1mg/s1600/tumblr_kwdgjjfg7M1qzw5a1o1_500%5B1%5D.png

HailState39110
05-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Ole miss wanted to win so bad they couldn't let Conner go to Juco and run the risk of losing him. Now they've screwed themselves and unfortunately for Conner, the might have ruined his career as well.

Yeah Conner was going to OM . The questions surrounding him will be eligibility issues

Yancy also reported C34 and Jimmy Fallon are tight close friends . That's why Fallon broke out the "darth vapor" joke Friday night

TrapGame
05-02-2016, 03:25 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1s3qjo0WYvI/UJpiXCW8iCI/AAAAAAAAANE/6qZDLqdu1mg/s1600/tumblr_kwdgjjfg7M1qzw5a1o1_500%5B1%5D.png

LOL! Nice!

AROB44
05-02-2016, 03:29 PM
I thought Slive was supposed to help OM with the NCAA and the SEC......what happened to him?

starkvegasdawg
05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I thought Slive was supposed to help OM with the NCAA and the SEC......what happened to him?

They're now beyond the scope of his influence. Tunsil took care of that on national TV.

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Thursday night has changed the script. They are in total rewrite mode and seem to have writers block

Schultzy
05-02-2016, 03:36 PM
The NCAA leaking this tells me they want everyone to know that they are trying to nail their asses big time.

TrapGame
05-02-2016, 03:43 PM

Like the preacher said in Blazing Saddles: "Son, you're on your on."

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2016, 03:44 PM

They did the same thing with Jerrell Powe. He bummed around for several years before getting into UM. He would have been eligible to go to Juco and as long as he graduated then he could go anywhere he wanted.

Jack Lambert
05-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Conner not going NFL might be a nut kicker. I'm kind of guessing he was paid to come back. How funny that would be if he got suspended for the season.

Mjoelner34
05-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Dari Nowka now saying just Tunsil. Not Treadwell and Conner.

Was this whole thing made up or did somebody get to him real fast?

Tripp McNeely
05-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Dari Nowka now saying just Tunsil. Not Treadwell and Conner.

Was this whole thing made up or did somebody get to him real fast?

Maybe the SEC Network got a call from the NCAA offices to please cease and desist.

If you're trying to keep a low profile on who you're talking to and investigating so that boosters don't put the full court press on them to shut up, you damn sure don't want the SEC Network to broadcast who you are talking to!

Dawg496
05-02-2016, 06:05 PM
Sounds like something the Bears made up. Did anyone personally hear Dari?

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 06:17 PM

This is directly from Dari Twitter where he clarified he was just talking about Tunsil:

@sixpackspeak Nooo, never said anything about that. Just said looking into Tunsil from previous incident. Nothing about others

RocketDawg
05-02-2016, 06:32 PM
They did the same thing with Jerrell Powe. He bummed around for several years before getting into UM. He would have been eligible to go to Juco and as long as he graduated then he could go anywhere he wanted.

Isn't he the guy who couldn't read? How could he get through Juco being illiterate? For that matter, how'd he ever get out of high school?

ILOATHEBears
05-02-2016, 06:37 PM

C34 has some stroke. These top secret meetings at Golden Corral have really been media takeover talks. He now owns Drudge report, the today show, Fox News and on an on....

DownwardDawg
05-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Isn't he the guy who couldn't read? How could he get through Juco being illiterate? For that matter, how'd he ever get out of high school?

That's not hard in Mississippi, especially if you're a good football player.

Maroonthirteen
05-02-2016, 06:52 PM

I personally heard him on the Chris Vernon show at lunch today. You could hear the disgust in Dari's voice when talking about the 2013 class. He basically said we wondered how freeze pulled in that class in his 2nd year. We all know now.

Obviously Vernon switch topics to the Sooners drafted. As Dari is an OK fan.

AlSwearengen
05-02-2016, 08:41 PM

I've dealt with him a few times. I would never say "this guy is dumb and can't read". The story goes that once you get a kid in spec. ed., the parent gets a lot more money from the government and if they work their way out of spec. ed., they lose that money. Therefore, alot of kids are kept in when they shouldn't be and powe falls into that category.

Ted Cruz
05-02-2016, 08:46 PM

Congrats coach. Hell of a accomplishment .

RocketDawg
05-02-2016, 08:49 PM
I personally heard him on the Chris Vernon show at lunch today. You could hear the disgust in Dari's voice when talking about the 2013 class. He basically said we wondered how freeze pulled in that class in his 2nd year. We all know now.

Obviously Vernon switch topics to the Sooners drafted. As Dari is an OK fan.

Dan Mullen really said that? Or are you talking about some other Dan?

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2016, 09:17 PM

Juco should be easier than UM. They fought for 2 or 3 years to get him in UM when he could have already finished Juco.

yjnkdawg
05-02-2016, 11:43 PM
Dan Mullen really said that? Or are you talking about some other Dan?

Not Dan. It's Dari Nowka, with the SEC Network.

JoseBrown
05-03-2016, 12:11 AM

Sounds like they've already uncovered enough evidence, now they got pissed on by the Tunsil draft altercation on an international stage. Maybe enough for the NCAA to demonstrate just what powers they may have.

Reason2succeed
05-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Everyone keeps saying that the NCAA will NEVER give out the death penalty. First, they are still handing out death penalties in other sports and on lower levels of football. But secondly, when compared to SMU and other cases such as Texas State OM has run laps around their cheating. Neither of them included academic fraud to go along with their inducements. If there were EVER a time for the NCAA to flex and throw a death penalty this is it. I know that there is less than a 5% that we will see this but to say there is no chance is not correct either. The NCAA has been challenged in front of the entire nation to protect the image of amateur athletics with academic credibility and it's their turn. Tunsil may have just forced the NCAAs hand.

If you don't think it's that bad consider this Texas and Alabama have had to fire coaches because of the OM scandal. The NCAA may determine that it is just safer to burn their whole department down before the plague spreads. Because if they hit OM with a slap on the wrist the plague will spread and there will be nothing the NCAA can do to contain it.

TUSK
05-03-2016, 01:19 AM
Everyone keeps saying that the NCAA will NEVER give out the death penalty. First, they are still handing out death penalties in other sports and on lower levels of football. But secondly, when compared to SMU and other cases such as Texas State OM has run laps around their cheating. Neither of them included academic fraud to go along with their inducements. If there were EVER a time for the NCAA to flex and throw a death penalty this is it. I know that there is less than a 5% that we will see this but to say there is no chance is not correct either. The NCAA has been challenged in front of the entire nation to protect the image of amateur athletics with academic credibility and it's their turn. Tunsil may have just forced the NCAAs hand.

If you don't think it's that bad consider this Texas and Alabama have had to fire coaches because of the OM scandal. The NCAA may determine that it is just safer to burn their whole department down before the plague spreads. Because if they hit OM with a slap on the wrist the plague will spread and there will be nothing the NCAA can do to contain it.

R2S, what info do you have regarding the OM scandal & how it is linked to Bo Davis... I've been wondering if there is a link, myself...

RocketDawg
05-03-2016, 05:45 AM
Not Dan. It's Dari Nowka, with the SEC Network.

OK I see that now. My eyes get out of focus after reading the computer screen for a while. Dari looked like Dan.

BulldogBear
05-03-2016, 07:14 AM
I've dealt with him a few times. I would never say "this guy is dumb and can't read". The story goes that once you get a kid in spec. ed., the parent gets a lot more money from the government and if they work their way out of spec. ed., they lose that money. Therefore, alot of kids are kept in when they shouldn't be and powe falls into that category.

No doubt. The way they reported it you were always expecting his picture to be of some cross-eyed kid with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth that you would feel sorry for.

Boodawg
05-03-2016, 07:40 AM
I would be demanding an explanation if I was giving big academic monies to the school. You know that ones giving money to athletic dept's are all in, but the ones on the education side should be pissed.

Jack Lambert
05-03-2016, 07:47 AM

They might not ever say you can play football for a few years but they can make the penalties so harsh they can't win.

Reason2succeed
05-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Tusk, there is no official news linking Bo Davis' resignation to OM and with Saban's regime there probably never will be. The link is the players. The players that Bo Davis recruited were also being recruited by OM. Also, I am considering the awkward timeline of his resignation coinciding with OM's investigation and their impending release of the NOA. Yes it is still speculation but it is speculation with a lot of arrows pointing back at OM.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Tusk, there is no official news linking Bo Davis' resignation to OM and with Saban's regime there probably never will be. The link is the players. The players that Bo Davis recruited were also being recruited by OM. Also, I am considering the awkward timeline of his resignation coinciding with OM's investigation and their impending release of the NOA. Yes it is still speculation but it is speculation with a lot of arrows pointing back at OM.

Word is it was Dabo & Clemson not OM or MSU.

BrunswickDawg
05-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Word is it was Dabo & Clemson not OM or MSU.

One post I read from a Bama friend said Dabo reported it to Saban and Saban asked Davis. Davis denied, but Saban had proof of some kind from Dabo. This was Saban cutting it off before the NCAA started snooping. It's how you handle a potential public fiasco like an adult - not like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum and blaming the broken vase on the dog, a ghost, and your little brother.

Corn Bread
05-03-2016, 09:55 AM

You are correct that he could not read. Received a participation certificate from high school in Wayesboro. I think he spent a year or two at Hargrove-I think. Upon arriving at TSUN his mom stated, "just cause my son can't read does not mean he can't play football". I have a friend in Waynesboro who knew Powe and said he was to stupid to hang off the back of a garbage truck. But he played ball at TSUN.

BulldogBear
05-03-2016, 09:57 AM
One post I read from a Bama friend said Dabo reported it to Saban and Saban asked Davis. Davis denied, but Saban had proof of some kind from Dabo. This was Saban cutting it off before the NCAA started snooping. It's how you handle a potential public fiasco like an adult - not like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum and blaming the broken vase on the dog, a ghost, and your little brother.

Good post!

bamadog
05-03-2016, 11:15 AM
I come in peace.... Yes the story I have heard from a good source is that it was Dabo that called Nick directly.