PDA

View Full Version : Grad Transfer Update

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Corban Collins, PG from Morehead St, visited on Friday & late last night committed to Bama after his weekend trip there.

drummerdawg
05-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Is there anybody else we're looking at? Because, it seems like we're running out of options here late.

YazooDawg23
05-02-2016, 09:02 AM
That one stings a little. I liked his game.

HoopsDawg
05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Corban Collins, PG from Morehead St, visited on Friday & late last night committed to Bama after his weekend trip there.

What's up with all the PG interest, is Ready transferring?

BeastMan
05-02-2016, 09:42 AM

Well he consistently transfers possession of the basketball to the opponent...

But seriously, I've always been tough on him but I will acknowledge he played the best ball of his career down the stretch. If that continues next year, I'll eat every word I've ever said.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-02-2016, 09:52 AM

Collins is the only PG guy we've talked to I'm aware of. I don't know if we thought he was just too good not to take or what. Obviously it doesn't matter now but the other grad guys mentioned have all been PF.

msugolf
05-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Do you know of any names that we're still after?

chef dixon
05-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Well he consistently transfers possession of the basketball to the opponent...

But seriously, I've always been tough on him but I will acknowledge he played the best ball of his career down the stretch. If that continues next year, I'll eat every word I've ever said.

He's only averaged 1.5 turnovers per game his career. Last year had a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. He's a solid and useful player and our fans don't realize it

Big4Dawg
05-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 54s54 seconds ago
NC State forward Abdul Malik-Abu told ESPN he is “seriously considering transferring or hiring an agent.”

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3138158/abdul-malik-abu

Sign him up.

You're welcome Howland.

Dawg61
05-02-2016, 11:05 AM
He's only averaged 1.5 turnovers per game his career. Last year had a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. He's a solid and useful player and our fans don't realize it

Most realize that Ready is a good player. He was our best PG last year and it wasn't even close and that includes the D-League lottery pick. He improved some on defense towards the end too. He was getting steals and stripping the ball pretty aggressively. People like to pick on IJ because he's small. It makes him an easy target. They immediately see it as a huge weakness that can identify a poor player right away. It's ignorance really. Someone asking for Ready to go is someone that doesn't understand whose good and whose not imo. Howland missing on all these grad transfers is a sign to me that he's still hoping Newman will come back.

Dawg61
05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
NC State forward Abdul Malik-Abu told ESPN he is “seriously considering transferring or hiring an agent.”

Sign him up.

You're welcome Howland.

Not a grad transfer though. Nice stats but we need two players that can play right away.

msstate7
05-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Most realize that Ready is a good player. He was our best PG last year and it wasn't even close and that includes the D-League lottery pick. He improved some on defense towards the end too. He was getting steals and stripping the ball pretty aggressively. People like to pick on IJ because he's small. It makes him an easy target. They immediately see it as a huge weakness that can identify a poor player right away. It's ignorance really. Someone asking for Ready to go is someone that doesn't understand whose good and whose not imo. Howland missing on all these grad transfers is a sign to me that he's still hoping Newman will come back.

I'm not an expert on basketball defense by no means, but it looks like ready gets beat a lot off the dribble. I see no problem with ready's offense, but he does shoot too much at times

ScoobaDawg
05-02-2016, 11:11 AM

Sign him up.

You're welcome Howland.

Grad transfers not transfer. Not the same. we need help next year not in 2 years.

HoopsDawg
05-02-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm not an expert on basketball defense by no means, but it looks like ready gets beat a lot off the dribble. I see no problem with ready's offense, but he does shoot too much at times

end game decision making needs improvement.

Dawg61
05-02-2016, 11:51 AM

We have added two good shot blockers for this next year that welcome anyone beating Ready off the dribble. Sometimes it's ok to get beat off the dribble when you have protection behind you instead of letting a guy hit 7 triples on you in a game.

BeastMan
05-02-2016, 12:29 PM

I've never picked on any player because of their size. Now I'll admit those Ready stats are solid but he's ok at best. I watched almost every game and I thought he was outmatched by his competition in league play pretty consistently. Sure he's the best we have. We've been terrible for years now. I'm not mad at Ready. I think he gets most out of his talent. He's not going playing below his head. I just want the get back to NCAA tournaments and MSU's guard play has to improve a million times from Flat top Freddy, Chicken, and IJ ready.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
05-02-2016, 12:55 PM
We are still heavily recruiting the PF from Duquense who is a stud. I believe his name is LG Gill averaged 10.1 pts and 6.5 rebounds. He would be the perfect fit. A lot of people are on him though so we will see.

msstate7
05-02-2016, 01:00 PM
I would think recruiting grad transfers to a team that just signed a top 5 class can't be easy

Dawg61
05-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I've never picked on any player because of their size. Now I'll admit those Ready stats are solid but he's ok at best. I watched almost every game and I thought he was outmatched by his competition in league play pretty consistently. Sure he's the best we have. We've been terrible for years now. I'm not mad at Ready. I think he gets most out of his talent. He's not going playing below his head. I just want the get back to NCAA tournaments and MSU's guard play has to improve a million times from Flat top Freddy, Chicken, and IJ ready.

I'm not signaling you out or anyone really about Ready. I think us cutting him at this point when he's a senior is too cutthroat for even me and I'm the biggest cutthroat dick on this board. I'm not saying you want to cut him either. I think Ready adds good value to this team as the only senior on the roster. He can transfer the message of the struggle MSU basketball has gone through the last four years to the freshman who will have no clue about what being on a bad basketball team feels like. Ready's greatest value is in the lockerroom more so than on the court.