PDA

View Full Version : Strasburg

Will James
08-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone watching this?

He just got tossed for 3 straight wild pitches. They said he was throwing at the batter but I don't think that's the case. A runner went from first base to scoring on three straight pitches. The thing is that the pitches were like 4 feet BEHIND the batter.

I think Strasburg caught the Yips. Chuck Knoblauch, Steve Sax, Rick Ankiel style yips.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm watching. Never seen anything like that

Schultzy
08-17-2013, 07:35 PM
What channell?

Will James
08-17-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZX525CSvw

This is exactly what Strasburg looked like tonight

msstate7
08-17-2013, 07:38 PM
What channell?

Mlb game pass on laptop

Schultzy
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
They're in game highlights just showed it. One of the pitches was a curve ball outside to the back stop but they also said the two teams had problems last night insinuating retaliation for something.

MsStateBaseball
08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Arm worn out.

Will James
08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
They're in game highlights just showed it. One of the pitches was a curve ball outside to the back stop but they also said the two teams had problems last night insinuating retaliation for something.

Yeah but A. He hit Upton in the 1st to end that and B. The runner on first.

Strasburg was not close. This is something that could end a career. His next start will be VERY interesting.

starkvegasdawg
08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
They have had a history starting the last series in DC. It has continued into this series. I turned the game off to go have a bonfire with the family since the weather is so nice and missed it. Guess that is why they made sports center.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Meanwhile minor vs strasburg was suppose to be a nice pitching duel and both are gone before the 3rd inning.

BoomBoom
08-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Anyone watching this?

He just got tossed for 3 straight wild pitches. They said he was throwing at the batter but I don't think that's the case. A runner went from first base to scoring on three straight pitches. The thing is that the pitches were like 4 feet BEHIND the batter.

I think Strasburg caught the Yips. Chuck Knoblauch, Steve Sax, Rick Ankiel style yips.

both teams were warned in the 1st. the ump can't assume that all of a sudden a MLB pitcher forgot how to throw, he has to take consecutive pitches behind the batter as an attempt to hit him.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Wish strasburg was still in. This guys killing us

messageboardsuperhero
08-17-2013, 09:13 PM
What's weird is he was coming off one of the best starts of his career a few nights ago. I don't know what got into Strasburg tonight.

Todd4State
08-17-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDZX525CSvw

This is exactly what Strasburg looked like tonight

Thanks for bringing back some good memories. :(

I don't think he was throwing at him with a runner on third either. To me, it looked like the third pitch slipped out of his hand off to the side a little bit. He didn't get his arm up and he kind of drug it across his body and then he landed funny at the end off to the glove side.

I would watch it with him too. He has had a bizarre career going to back to high school. 1-10 his junior year in high school and couldn't get anyone out and was overweight, and then he kind of emerges as a late college signee his senior year in high school and then all of a sudden he is throwing 102-103 in college. A lot of rumors about him using steroids along the way as well.

I think the Nationals kind of screwed up by holding him back so much. If they were worried about rushing him, they should have just put him in the bullpen and made him a middle reliever and maybe let him get some spot starts from time to time. I don't like all of this shutting a guy down completely and having hard limits and etc.

Todd4State
08-17-2013, 09:25 PM
What's weird is he was coming off one of the best starts of his career a few nights ago. I don't know what got into Strasburg tonight.

Sometimes if a guy tries to retaliate and throw at a batter they lose command. That's why you want someone that's mentally tough and has good command to do your dirty work for you.

Sometimes that happens when a guy is hurt too. He may have hurt himself on the pitch right before he got wild and then all of a sudden his arm wouldn't do what he wanted it to do. Actually usually a loss of command comes before a loss of velocity with an injury.

Will James
08-17-2013, 09:28 PM
He may have hurt himself on the pitch right before he got wild and then all of a sudden his arm wouldn't do what he wanted it to do. Actually usually a loss of command comes before a loss of velocity with an injury.

Best predictor of a pitcher arm injury is past arm injury. While kind of "well duh" the studies have proven it. He's a Tommy John arm.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 10:10 PM
JHey goes deep to tie it in the 9th. This team is never out of it

War Machine Dawg
08-17-2013, 11:40 PM
When did Medlen come into the game? This is going to kill our pen and rotation. Hope someone in AAA or AA is ready to go.

msstate7
08-17-2013, 11:52 PM
Pretty sure maholm will be soon. Not sure how soon, but he pitched well in Rome last night. Think he was supposed to be back next weekend, bu they may push him forward now

bgdog
08-18-2013, 12:28 AM
So, any Nats fans on the board? I just moved into the area and it seems like 2 decades worth of constant msu disapointment has made my transition into a nats fan pretty easy. Smooth transition.

Will James
08-18-2013, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JaEDFqoxoc

This is not a guy trying to hit somebody. He looked so lost when he got tossed. 5 days from now will be very telling. I predict more troubles.