PDA

View Full Version : Parrish Alford doubled down.......

Liverpooldawg
05-02-2016, 08:06 AM
On the student assistance fund in the paper this morning. Citing "sources" of course.

Martianlander
05-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Yes, he's all in. Of course unm can't seem to produce where this happened, and it's going to be hard to forge since these funds are supposed to be approved by the SEC office.

messageboardsuperhero
05-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Of course he did. Parish Alford is all in and will be all in until the bitter end.

Bottom line- if this is a legal student assistance fund disbursement, there will be records with the SEC and UM. It would be easily provable either way.

engie
05-02-2016, 08:17 AM
You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe any "sources" coming out of that athletics dept at this point. How many major reporters have they burned already? Think Feldman is still going to be their friend after this?

The good thing about it is that their attempt to control the message is burning all of their bridges in the press....

spiritual_machine2005
05-02-2016, 08:17 AM
If true UM would have come out with an official statement by now. They haven't. I don't care what else is said. Until UM makes a statement, this is NOT from some student emergency fund.

starkvegasdawg
05-02-2016, 08:23 AM
It came out of an emergency fund all right. The Dickie Scruggs Keep Momma an 'Em Happy at all Costs Cause Sheeeeeeeeeeet - We Don't Need no NCAA Trouble Fund.

Bubb Rubb
05-02-2016, 08:54 AM
You have to be a special kind of stupid to believe any "sources" coming out of that athletics dept at this point. How many major reporters have they burned already? Think Feldman is still going to be their friend after this?

The good thing about it is that their attempt to control the message is burning all of their bridges in the press....

I have heard from folks that even the folks closest to the program - the Yancys, chucks, and the like, have grown frustrated with misleading statements and stonewalling coming from the OM administration. They were all made to look really stupid earlier when they defended Bjork and Freeze's initial statements, which have turned out to be misleading at best. Of course, none of them would admit this on the record. But I think it's telling that it was Neal McReady, of all people, who was asking the tough questions in the Tunsil press conference. These guys are tired of getting burned - their credibility is at stake.

RC3
05-02-2016, 08:55 AM
He's about to be on OOB

Political Hack
05-02-2016, 08:57 AM
This guy might be the King of Stupid if he's still willing to run with their PR pieces like this. Wow.

SignalToNoise
05-02-2016, 08:57 AM
It's hard to believe that anyone other than the yokels in North Miss would believe this.

I'm sure there would be all sorts of documentation on file if a student legitimately received money from this pool of funds. Records on file with athletic department, SEC possibly, and even NCAA. They could have been released Friday and all this talk would have died.

And while I'm at it, these baloney about the text messages being misinterpreted is high comedy as well that A) is a confession of authenticity and B) does not address the fact that Laremy Tunsil admitted in a press conference that he took money from a coach.

Hey no need to worry, though. Chuck and Yancy will pump some sunshine today that their fanbase, desperate for good news, will take as absolute gospel.

mic
05-02-2016, 08:59 AM
They will still be all in after they get hammered..
It's a cult...

RC3
05-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Actually it's Gary Parrish coming on OOB. My bad

ILOATHEBears
05-02-2016, 09:01 AM
He's about to be on OOB

I may be wrong but I believe it's Gary Parrish that will be on OOB at 9:30. He burnt Oxford to the ground Friday in an interview he did

Bubb Rubb
05-02-2016, 09:01 AM
They will still be all in after that get hammered..
It's a cult...

Of course they will.....but they will eventually turn on freeze and bjork, like they turned on nutt, boone, and everyone else.

SignalToNoise
05-02-2016, 09:03 AM
Yeah the names confused me, too, but Gary Parrish is not a fan of OM right now. Parish Alford, whoever that is, might be on the bear payroll along with that Brando moron that took to Twitter a few days ago to say that "We don't know for sure that Tunsil even heard the question correctly." What a complete idiot, Tim. If you believe that then I know a Nigerian Prince that wants to move his wealth to US and needs some assistance.

Liverpooldawg
05-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Parrish Alford is the Confederate beat writer for the Tupelo Daily Journal.

TrapGame
05-02-2016, 09:09 AM
That's a special kind of stupid right there.

Mjoelner34
05-02-2016, 09:34 AM
Yes, he's all in. Of course unm can't seem to produce where this happened, and it's going to be hard to forge since these funds are supposed to be approved by the SEC office.

Paging Mike Slime. Paging Mike Slime. Please make this go away Mr. Slime.

ILOATHEBears
05-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Yeah the names confused me, too, but Gary Parrish is not a fan of OM right now. Parish Alford, whoever that is, might be on the bear payroll along with that Brando moron that took to Twitter a few days ago to say that "We don't know for sure that Tunsil even heard the question correctly." What a complete idiot, Tim. If you believe that then I know a Nigerian Prince that wants to move his wealth to US and needs some assistance.

Gold Jerry. Gary Parrish just said 2 golden statements.

1) quit quoting scripture if u are associated with cheaters

2) if u ask people across the country in the business what team over the past 3 years are cheating their tails off? The answer is ole missus

Thick
05-02-2016, 09:54 AM
That's what disgusts me the most....CHF using "God as bait" to recruits, their parents, even their fans/alums while knowing that other coaches/boosters are cutting incentivized deals to sign kids. I would blow it off as the norm for college sports, but the "I'm a Christian" theme/angle is absolutely pathetic!!!

Coach34
05-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Gold Jerry. Gary Parrish just said 2 golden statements.

1) quit quoting scripture if u are associated with cheaters

2) if u ask people across the country in the business what team over the past 3 years are cheating their tails off? The answer is ole missus

OM people say "errybody just jealous of our beautiful campus"

Boodawg
05-02-2016, 10:11 AM
I am kind of surprised UM hasn't come out with anything this morning. They are talking about it on every sports radio show this morning. But then again, nothing should surprise when dealing with them I guess.

Swami Dawg
05-02-2016, 10:35 AM
That's what disgusts me the most....CHF using "God as bait" to recruits, their parents, even their fans/alums while knowing that other coaches/boosters are cutting incentivized deals to sign kids. I would blow it off as the norm for college sports, but the "I'm a Christian" theme/angle is absolutely pathetic!!!

I am for to being told there is a special place in hell for old miss coaches. They are for to being skipping levels 1 to 9 and going straight to level 10.

http://s32.postimg.org/bbujwa179/hell_levels.jpg

It is looking like they are doing all of 1 - 9 and combining them in to one really bad sin.

Lust: Uncontrolled or illicit desire or appetite for young 18 year old boys.
Gluttony: Gluttony (Latin: gula), derived from the Latin gluttire meaning to gulp down or swallow, enough said.......
Greed: Intense and selfish desire to be a power SEC School resulting in paying of players for their commitments.
Anger: Coaches show a strong emotional response to a perceived provocation on social media.
Heresy: Opinion contrary to orthodox doctrine. Using burner phones to deceive recruits into improper contact.
Violence: Nkemdiche brothers assaulting an innocent individual who they had never met
Fraud: Deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain. Telling recruits all counts in NOA are limited to past coaching staffs
Treachery: Betrayal of trust; deceptive action or nature. Using improper recruiting methods causing loss of eligibility to players hurting their future.
False Prophet: Claiming to be a man of God while committing all of the above.

Swami

Reason2succeed
05-02-2016, 10:45 AM
It seems that Hugh Freeze has just followed in the footsteps of his predecessor Houston Nutt. Tunsils mom was in a bad predicament and OM football is in the "people heppin' bidness".

Tbonewannabe
05-02-2016, 11:22 AM
It's hard to believe that anyone other than the yokels in North Miss would believe this.

I'm sure there would be all sorts of documentation on file if a student legitimately received money from this pool of funds. Records on file with athletic department, SEC possibly, and even NCAA. They could have been released Friday and all this talk would have died.

And while I'm at it, these baloney about the text messages being misinterpreted is high comedy as well that A) is a confession of authenticity and B) does not address the fact that Laremy Tunsil admitted in a press conference that he took money from a coach.

Hey no need to worry, though. Chuck and Yancy will pump some sunshine today that their fanbase, desperate for good news, will take as absolute gospel.

Strange that even though the text messages have been misinterpreted, they haven't released the entire text string to show how it was misinterpreted. That would have been really easy along with showing the paperwork from the SEC office for the emergency funds. Both of these things would have been done Friday morning to shut this down. Instead the silence speaks volumes.

BulldogBear
05-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Two thoughts on what GP said:

He acknowledged that everybody has some skeletons, but said what really gets under other coach's and programs' skin is making a big show of being clean when they know you are not.

I disagree with GP and others that this isn't a slam dunk. He kept talking like the NCAA had prove this to be correct. My understanding is that is not the case. Am I wrong? A confession is not admissible as proof in court, but the NCAA is free to take what you say for what it is. And even if what LT said was not a "slam dunk," when taken with all the other crap over the weekend, including a an accidental acknowledgement by Freeze about context, I think becomes a freakin' slam dunk. It's not some drunken extravagant boast that can be taken back after the hangover wears off.

smootness
05-02-2016, 12:05 PM
I have heard from folks that even the folks closest to the program - the Yancys, chucks, and the like, have grown frustrated with misleading statements and stonewalling coming from the OM administration. They were all made to look really stupid earlier when they defended Bjork and Freeze's initial statements, which have turned out to be misleading at best. Of course, none of them would admit this on the record. But I think it's telling that it was Neal McReady, of all people, who was asking the tough questions in the Tunsil press conference. These guys are tired of getting burned - their credibility is at stake.

McReady wasn't trying to ask a tough question. He was trying to ask an easy question with an obvious answer. He just got an answer he didn't ever consider possible.

ILOATHEBears
05-02-2016, 12:11 PM

He acknowledged that everybody has some skeletons, but said what really gets under other coach's and programs' skin is making a big show of being clean when they know you are not.

I disagree with GP and others that this isn't a slam dunk. He kept talking like the NCAA had prove this to be correct. My understanding is that is not the case. Am I wrong? A confession is not admissible as proof in court, but the NCAA is free to take what you say for what it is. And even if what LT said was not a "slam dunk," when taken with all the other crap over the weekend, including a an accidental acknowledgement by Freeze about context, I think becomes a freakin' slam dunk. It's not some drunken extravagant boast that can be taken back after the hangover wears off.

This could have been cleared up by softie Friday morning. He could have come out and said that the gas mask bong hit was just before he left the hotel for the draft. He was higher than the hotel window kimchee dove out of and really didn't hear the questions that great. Now that I've eaten 12 family size bags of Doritos I'm thinking more clearly

Bubb Rubb
05-02-2016, 12:12 PM
McReady wasn't trying to ask a tough question. He was trying to ask an easy question with an obvious answer. He just got an answer he didn't ever consider possible.

He flat-out asked him if he took money from a coach. I guaran-damn-tee you he wouldn't have asked that question six months ago.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-02-2016, 12:17 PM

The NCAA doesn't have to prove anything. All they have to do is believe it themselves. Keep in mind they are judge AND jury. Once they catch a school in a lie, they don't believe them on anything else they have to say if they don't want to. They ask the questions and give them the chance to answer, but if they don't want to believe them, they don't have to.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-02-2016, 12:20 PM

Bingo; and they would have run with it as trying to present more proof that they were clean. McReady was probably stunned that he answered the way he did.

Has McReady said or printed anything else about that exchange?

Leroy Jenkins
05-02-2016, 01:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/65737249/PA_mug_2007_edited_400x400.JPG

You may recognize him more from his old job.

http://mamaot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Potato-Sequence-text.jpg

sandwolf
05-02-2016, 02:11 PM

Agreed.

BulldogBear
05-02-2016, 02:27 PM

My thoughts exactly

Bingo; and they would have run with it as trying to present more proof that they were clean. McReady was probably stunned that he answered the way he did.

+1

Agreed.

+1 again

BossDawg
05-02-2016, 02:39 PM
If true UM would have come out with an official statement by now. They haven't. I don't care what else is said. Until UM makes a statement, this is NOT from some student emergency fund.

They are trying to get everyone on the same lying point right now. You know how police officers work a scene by splitting up everybody and interviewing them separately? They do that to keep everyone from fabricating a consistent story. That's what UM people are trying to avoid at this point, even though it's doubtful whatever they come up with is believable at all.

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 02:51 PM
They are trying to get everyone on the same lying point right now. You know how police officers work a scene by splitting up everybody and interviewing them separately? They do that to keep everyone from fabricating a consistent story. That's what UM people are trying to avoid at this point, even though it's doubtful whatever they come up with is believable at all.

Well they are having a hard time getting all of their mouth pieces to stay on point right now. Acey Roberts is getting hammered buy the douche cultist because he is hearing that at least one staff member may be scarificed but the university is trying to work around it. Officially the university is still silent which leads me to believe that their spin it not gaining any credible traction. Hearing that their real insiders who are not delusional are not believing anything coming out right now will work to put out the fire. Some fracture has taken place and not resolved.

RocketDawg
05-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Didn't McReady already have access to the Instagram messages? If so, then he knew the answer to the question; he just didn't know that Tunsil would answer honestly. OM just didn't have time to brief him (Tunsil) and the appropriate way to skirt the issue. It happened too fast for damage control. Whoever posted the video and the Instagram had excellent timing.

Schultzy
05-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Parish Alford just no showed Jay White on his 105.9 show, ha.

Jay White tried to cover for him saying he can't access Alford's phone number in this the year 2016.

smootness
05-02-2016, 05:12 PM
He flat-out asked him if he took money from a coach. I guaran-damn-tee you he wouldn't have asked that question six months ago.

He first said, 'So those messages were fabricated?' and assumed Tunsil would say 'yes'. He was basically giving him the softest of leading questions to allow them to get an excuse out immediately. When Tunsil said they happened, McReady point-blank asked if he took money from a coach as a way of clarifying for Tunsil what he was asking...again, assuming Tunsil would do the obvious thing and just say, 'No, of course not.'

He didn't think in a million years that Tunsil would actually say 'yes'. He was trying to help Tunsil and Ole Miss and it completely backfired.