PDA

View Full Version : One sweep, 2 series wins plus Troy and we are a national seed.

AlmostPositive
05-01-2016, 11:53 PM
As of right now. Kendall Rogers (D1) says it's clear:

"Lots of baseball left, but if season ended today, National 8s are pretty obvious: UF, Louisville, South Carolina, A&M, FSU, MSU, TT, Miami."

Nice to be back in the thick of things

Todd4State
05-02-2016, 12:47 AM
We may just have to win the last three series and beat Troy. But sweeping would be preferred for sure.

Dawg496
05-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Damn ID love to be the 6 seed matched with SC as the 3. In the bracket with Louisville and TT.. I think we could march to the championship series.

Bucky Dog
05-02-2016, 07:00 AM
**** it! Let's sweep Missouri and Auburn and take 2 of 3 from the Pigs!

MedDawg
05-02-2016, 08:09 AM
now that we are #11, I think we have much less to worry about. If we win our next 3 series and stay #11, we could still be a national seed. Being chosen by the NCAA over 3 teams rated better than us can be done. Each of those 3 will have something counting against them, such at State going 3-1 vs OM, or one of the other teams losing a series in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

We also might be able to climb towards the #8 RPI. Two of the teams currently ahead of us (#6 FSU and #9 UCSB) each have a 3-game weekend series coming up against teams with a #250 or worse RPI. That will hurt their RPI even if they win and may allow us to pass them. #10 Clemson and #8 NC State are both just ahead of us, so them playing each other might knock one of them behind us.

State82
05-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Boyd's World has us #10 this morning up from #11 yesterday. Warren Nolan still has us at #11. If we could be firmly entrenched at 9 or 10 by Hoover I would feel better about it. But if we stay a consensus Top 5 in all polls we should be good. I'm just not confident in that at present.

engie
05-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Don't have to be top 8 RPI to be a national seed. We've got the most impressive resume in the country with some boxes checked that are practically never accomplished in college baseball. I'm not even sure we've got to win all of the last 3 series to be a national seed with Arkansas suddenly resurgent. Their RPI is about to see a huge jump. Chance they take a road series from LSU, home series from Bama, and 2 decent noncon games prior to us. That would probably put them in the top 30-35 RPI-wise.

They do this every year because Van Horn is the worst scheduler in the country.