PDA

View Full Version : Check out Gary Parrish Twitter, he is flaming rebels!!!

Hattdawg
05-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Nm

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 07:36 PM
More like making excuses and the old "They all do it" stuff. Oh yeah, "The System Should Be Reformed" - But everyone agrees they still have to pass their own ACT Tests, their own School Work, and that while a salary is in order, inducements in recruiting are neither fair nor owed to anyone who has not set foot on a campus. Don't confuse the issues. It's a nice diversionary tactic and frankly a bit pathetic that they are not even facing sanction nor acknowledging wrongdoing but STILL playing that card.

See the problem with their arguments that this is old is that a. It does not matter and b. There are key players involved with academic wrongdoing that stretch over multiple staffs. A certain HC as well.

Parrish hates MSU and he is a small market asshat that is just trying to get hits. Don't feed UNM media.

nsvltndog
05-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Can't speak for Parrish, but Wolken has been entertaining. He's not buying anything they have to sell.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Wolken is not UNM media - he saw that BS a long time ago.

Thompson92
05-01-2016, 08:41 PM
More like making excuses and the old "They all do it" stuff. Oh yeah, "The System Should Be Reformed" - But everyone agrees they still have to pass their own ACT Tests, their own School Work, and that while a salary is in order, inducements in recruiting are neither fair nor owed to anyone who has not set foot on a campus. Don't confuse the issues. It's a nice diversionary tactic and frankly a bit pathetic that they are not even facing sanction nor acknowledging wrongdoing but STILL playing that card.

See the problem with their arguments that this is old is that a. It does not matter and b. There are key players involved with academic wrongdoing that stretch over multiple staffs. A certain HC as well.

Yep. Well said. Watch, the narrative will change to "Well, it doesn't matter because the NCAA should be paying players." And yeah, they probably should, but that has nothing to do with ACT fraud, paying tens of thousands of dollars for high schoolers to sign, or treating some players more favorably than others.

A few were already saying it on Thursday, and not just OM people. Amazing how wealthy insular white people are suddenly concerned about the well-being of young African-American men.

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Also - what does making illegal contact have to do with the 'everyone cheats' situation? That issue has nothing to do with compensating athletes what they are owed. Just curious how, if true, you justify that.

blacklistedbully
05-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Boy, I wish I could play a sport that I have loved all my life and get a college education valued at anywhere from $100,000 to $150,000 on average, not counting room and board, not to mention all the side, "benefits", not to mention the invaluable instruction I could get if I have the talent to eventually get in the NFL, or heck, even the CFL or Arena Ball.

College athletes do not need to be paid. They're already getting paid, just not in cash (UNM an exception). And unless they are too stupid, they can graduate with a similar degree as to what I got that helped me get a well-paying career.

gravedigger
05-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Yep. Well said. Watch, the narrative will change to "Well, it doesn't matter because the NCAA should be paying players." And yeah, they probably should, but that has nothing to do with ACT fraud, paying tens of thousands of dollars for high schoolers to sign, or treating some players more favorably than others.

A few were already saying it on Thursday, and not just OM people. Amazing how wealthy insular white people are suddenly concerned about the well-being of young African-American men.

D.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.