PDA

View Full Version : Wait, Wait, Wait.... Here's the Best Part

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2016, 06:37 PM
So, do I have this straight?

By Farese stating, "The texts were taken out of context", did he just authenticate that the texts were real? Hahaha. Well that excuse is out the window.

Secondly, is this really the best excuse that Ole Miss could come up with? Really? This is like when someone with a crappy personality says "I'm misunderstood"

It's pretty obvious that Ole Miss can't comment on this case, so they funneled their pathetic excuse through Farese who did the media and everyone else a favor by inadvertently authenticating the text messages.

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2016, 06:39 PM
If they were out of context then that means there was more on that conversation. Seems to me all they'd have to do is release those to put this to bed. Who's holding their breath?

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2016, 06:41 PM
If they were out of context then that means there was more on that conversation. Seems to me all they'd have to do is release those to put this to bed. Who's holding their breath?

Absolutely. Not only did Farese just authenticate the texts, he also let it be known that there is more to the conversation. I'd love to see the rest

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Here are San Rosebowl's thoughts on Farese's statement today

http://i.imgur.com/m8RKvcC.jpg

cheewgumm
05-01-2016, 06:55 PM
What was the co text then?

You emailed a coach asking for $ for her bills. It couldn't have been more clear.

nsvltndog
05-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Wolken is letting the rest of the country know on twitter that he's not buying it. He's become a must follow if you aren't following him already.

Hattdawg
05-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Wolken is letting the rest of the country know on twitter that he's not buying it. He's become a must follow if you aren't following him already.

AGREED!!!!!

Jack Lambert
05-01-2016, 07:20 PM
So, do I have this straight?

By Farese stating, "The texts were taken out of context", did he just authenticate that the texts were real? Hahaha. Well that excuse is out the window.

Secondly, is this really the best excuse that Ole Miss could come up with? Really? This is like when someone with a crappy personality says "I'm misunderstood"

It's pretty obvious that Ole Miss can't comment on this case, so they funneled their pathetic excuse through Farese who did the media and everyone else a favor by inadvertently authenticating the text messages.

I don't think it's the school. I think it's two coaches worried about their lively hood.

ShotgunDawg
05-01-2016, 07:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QOxpalUCiqw/VVM4i9FdXLI/AAAAAAAAB4o/cXSq2JfzV5s/s400/kanye-west-misunderstood.gif

LC Dawg
05-01-2016, 07:23 PM
From what I saw Farese said "My information is" which means that he is just repeating what someone told him. Luckily for him that bunch doesn't lie.
The flock has really latched onto the Yancey tweet about Farese and the revelation from a recruit's mom that Ole Miss is the most honest school in the country.

Bully13
05-01-2016, 07:40 PM
I think what is being lost in all of this is that the NCAA more than likely has SO much more than this $300 elec bill. What this did is bring it to the public spotlight on a national prime time stage. But since it was between a player and assoc AD, maybe a new twist is added. No longer rogue boosters but institutionalized cheating at upper levels. I'm just wondering how this affects the on going investigation now that the NCAA knows millions of sports fans saw what they saw.

Bass Chaser
05-01-2016, 09:00 PM
So Farese states the texts were taken out of context and discussed during previous meetings with the NCAA after OM states they are investigating the issues from the draft. If what Farese said was true then wouldn't OM know this? Why would OM make a statement to investigate and cooperate?

gravedigger
05-01-2016, 09:34 PM
I think what is being lost in all of this is that the NCAA more than likely has SO much more than this $300 elec bill. What this did is bring it to the public spotlight on a national prime time stage. But since it was between a player and assoc AD, maybe a new twist is added. No longer rogue boosters but institutionalized cheating at upper levels. I'm just wondering how this affects the on going investigation now that the NCAA knows millions of sports fans saw what they saw.

This is EXACTLY what is being lost. The NCAA has plenty or we'd have the noa. The penalties would be rough but survivable in a year or two if it weren't for the public spectacle. But now the investigators must save face or the message is sent that you can cheat DURING a 3yr investigation. We may not see the death penalty, but they will be in the cellar for more than a couple years. Heck, I expect they will be fine this year season unless NCAA allows transfers. I don't think that will happen. I think they will get enough upheaval in the staff and loss of bowls that they will lose the will to win by seasons end.

Bully13
05-01-2016, 10:42 PM
This is EXACTLY what is being lost. The NCAA has plenty or we'd have the noa. The penalties would be rough but survivable in a year or two if it weren't for the public spectacle. But now the investigators must save face or the message is sent that you can cheat DURING a 3yr investigation. We may not see the death penalty, but they will be in the cellar for more than a couple years. Heck, I expect they will be fine this year season unless NCAA allows transfers. I don't think that will happen. I think they will get enough upheaval in the staff and loss of bowls that they will lose the will to win by seasons end.

good points digger. the prime time shit has hit the fan. when this shit hits the fan that this stuff is going on INTERNALLY, and it's EXPOSED on the BIG TIME screen, they HAVE to act, in a way that secures their credibility. ... what Tunstils shit on the prime time screen means that the NCAA can't accept payoffs from the UM tobacco heisters. insiders deals were dealt a severe blow..

thank you tunstill

TrapGame
05-01-2016, 11:01 PM

Whoa...I missed that part. You mean one of the names mentioned in the texts is an assoc. AD?! Hell Bell's, that really does go way beyond rogue booster and puts the cheating in the AD's office. That would be death penalty level infractions, imo.

msstate7
05-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Hasn't the NCAA been investigating om for 3 years? If so, this latest tunsil issue would've been during a current NCAA investigation. Coaches willfully cheating while the NCAA is checking the program is probably a good thing though

Bully13
05-01-2016, 11:38 PM
I think since this involves folks high up in the athletic admin along with coaches, this is where the shit gets serious..

Todd4State
05-02-2016, 12:52 AM
good points digger. the prime time shit has hit the fan. when this shit hits the fan that this stuff is going on INTERNALLY, and it's EXPOSED on the BIG TIME screen, they HAVE to act, in a way that secures their credibility. ... what Tunstils shit on the prime time screen means that the NCAA can't accept payoffs from the UM tobacco heisters. insiders deals were dealt a severe blow..

thank you tunstill

Thank you Tunsil indeed. That's why I'm going to wear a Tunsil jersey to the Egg Bowl next year.

Bucky Dog
05-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Even the C-L questioned Farese on HOW he would have the knowledge of the text messages already being discussed last year and found to be nothing, when OM hasn't even released the NOA yet! He declined further comment. Oops!!!!

State82
05-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Even the C-L questioned Farese on HOW he would have the knowledge of the text messages already being discussed last year and found to be nothing, when OM hasn't even released the NOA yet! He declined further comment. Oops!!!!

Ha. Where'd he get a law degree? Oh wait, never mind.