PDA

View Full Version : Why won't they release the NOA?

Liverpooldawg
05-01-2016, 06:36 PM
This is pure speculation but I think somebody must be named in it that there is no way they will disassociate themselves from voluntarily. I'm not up enough on their who's who to even start to speculate who it might be, but it has to be someone that is central to everything they do. I'm not thinking Freeze or Bjork (although they might be in it for sure), I'm thinking more along the lines of one of their top behind the scenes power brokers.

lefty96
05-01-2016, 06:44 PM
Releasing it now just restarts the news cycle for them. At this point, I'd just sit on it myself. Can the national media perception get worse?

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 06:51 PM
Probably easier to just release a full copy of the NCAA rules in recruiting and highlight the items they have NOT been accused of breaking.

lefty96
05-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Probably easier to just release a full copy of the NCAA rules in recruiting and highlight the items they have NOT been accused of breaking.

That is probably the hold up. The law school has been looking at the rules for 90 days and no one has popped the cap on a highlighter

ScoobaDawg
05-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Because they don't have to.. they control their section of the media and noone else is raising enough hell or can put enough pressure on them to force their hand.
There is no way there was never a copy of it in Oxford. So they are just refusing to release or have destroyed the evidence.

Either way...It's another day.. We all know it's coming but the NCAA moves in glacially speed.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Clay Travis called Cooper Manning live during Clays show Thursday night literally while this was all going down. To say the VERY LEAST, Cooper was not happy with the call. He sounded like his dog died and refused to comment and was pissed at clay for calling him live.

No way in hell NCAA would disassociate with Archie but one can only imagine how epic that would be.

ILOATHEBears
05-01-2016, 08:23 PM
That is probably the hold up. The law school has been looking at the rules for 90 days and no one has popped the cap on a highlighter

SECMike wrote a story this weekend that said the reason the 30 day extension was made because a football coaches legal counsel requested it. My guess is everyone but freeze is staring at show cause but with the Tunsil debacle he is now on that short list. It's quieter in Oxford than Chernobyl 30 days after meltdown

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 08:40 PM
SECMike wrote a story this weekend that said the reason the 30 day extension was made because a football coaches legal counsel requested it. My guess is everyone but freeze is staring at show cause but with the Tunsil debacle he is now on that short list. It's quieter in Oxford than Chernobyl 30 days after meltdown

If true it would have to be a well placed official. Most of the small fry they have simply cut loose.