PDA

View Full Version : Do we trust the NCAA to do the right thing?

MSDeltaDawg
05-01-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm worried the plantation pricks will be willing to do anything to weasel their way out of this. Their corruption knows no bounds.

Any worry they could bribe/pay off the NCAA to lessen penalties?

If penalties aren't extremely severe in nature we need to call for an investigation into this possibility.

As The Bell Tolls
05-01-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't think you are alone in that thinking. We all know that the Plantation runs this state and their reach goes much further than most. They are the OM Illuminati.

Coach34
05-01-2016, 05:24 PM
They just had a player admit on national TV to taking money from a coach. The NCAA has spent over 3 years investigating them. They arent skating that

Coach34
05-01-2016, 05:25 PM
I also find it interesting that we have 2 brand new members today that are posting that they doubt anything happens to OM.

MSDeltaDawg
05-01-2016, 05:27 PM
We have to ask ourselves---why would they change their corrupt ways?

Why wouldn't they throw big money around and buy off who they need to?

And I'm sure the NCAA folks on the infractions committee and their investigators aren't paid all that well---so I'm really uneasy about the UNM getting the sledge hammer blow that they deserve.

Someone needs a plan in place to respond if that does happen.

Drugs Delaney
05-01-2016, 05:30 PM
The NCAA is backed into a corner and have been embarrassed, toast.

As The Bell Tolls
05-01-2016, 05:33 PM
I also find it interesting that we have 2 brand new members today that are posting that they doubt anything happens to OM.

I would love nothing more than to see the hammer come down, especially after putting up with their fans for so long. (having curses and water bottles and the like thrown at me and my elderly in-laws AFTER they won the egg bowl in Oxford). Don't think for a minute that I am on their side at all. But how many times have they gotten away with being corrrupt? We are all tired of it, but yet , they keep getting off scott free.

BayouDawg
05-01-2016, 05:33 PM
We have to ask ourselves---why would they change their corrupt ways?

Why wouldn't they throw big money around and buy off who they need to?

And I'm sure the NCAA folks on the infractions committee and their investigators aren't paid all that well---so I'm really uneasy about the UNM getting the sledge hammer blow that they deserve.

Someone needs a plan in place to respond if that does happen.

USCw, Ohio state, UNC, omong other more notable schools couldn't bribe their way out of bowl bans. What makes northern miss untouchable?

MSDeltaDawg
05-01-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't think they're untouchable at all. I think they're dirtier and willing to go further to avoid penalties. Those 17ers have to know they ain't USCw of Oh St. They can't clean up their act and compete.

I'm worried everyone has a price and given their willingness to be corrupt on a level not seen since SMU they might go even further.

But, coach is right---I think national perception is so against them they can't skate.

I'm just nervous because we've been waiting for this day for so long.

BayouDawg
05-01-2016, 05:43 PM
I don't think they're untouchable at all. I think they're dirtier and willing to go further to avoid penalties. Those 17ers have to know they ain't USCw of Oh St. They can't clean up their act and compete.

I'm worried everyone has a price and given their willingness to be corrupt on a level not seen since SMU they might go even further.

But, coach is right---I think national perception is so against them they can't skate.

It's kind of like the Ray Rice ordeal. Without the video he's still in the NFL, but once the video surfaced the NFL had to act because of public perception. The NCAA probably could have let the bears off with a slap on the wrist without most national people batting an eye but now that everyone and their brother has seen what's going on everyone would know something fishy went down if The bears were to skate now

As The Bell Tolls
05-01-2016, 05:44 PM

I agree about the nervousness, I guess that is why I am so pessimistic. Other schools have been hit for less, we are all just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Would be great if it affected the upcoming season.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-01-2016, 05:45 PM
I have no doubt that the new staff in place at the NCAA is ready to make a statement that the old regime has been ushered out the door and that the days of incompetence in the NCAA enforcement staff are no more. They eyes of the entire sports world in the U.S. are now firmly placed in the direction of the NCAA and that stare won't be moved until the NCAA speaks.

What better way to show the world that a new NCAA enforcement staff is in place and ready to clean up the corrupt programs that cross every line of the rulebook than to pound an SEC program until they scream uncle.

Remember, the NCAA just restructured their levels of violations a couple of years ago, removing the old secondary and major violations that were in place. What better way to let everyone know what their "severe breach of conduct" looks like, since I don't believe they've had that happen since the new structure was put in place.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/new-violation-structure

MSDeltaDawg
05-01-2016, 05:46 PM
We need penalties to come out ASAP so players can transfer out before the season. I would LOVE to watch them play with a roster of about 40 players and get beat by 60 in every game !!

BayouDawg
05-01-2016, 05:49 PM
We need penalties to come out ASAP so players can transfer out before the season. I would LOVE to watch them play with a roster of about 40 players and get beat by 60 in every game !!

If they get anywhere near the punishment USCw got they will be irrelevant for atleast a decade. The first year USCw was allowed to go bowling again they played their bowl game with something like 56 scholarship players

BossDawg
05-01-2016, 05:52 PM
I would love nothing more than to see the hammer come down, especially after putting up with their fans for so long. (having curses and water bottles and the like thrown at me and my elderly in-laws AFTER they won the egg bowl in Oxford). Don't think for a minute that I am on their side at all. But how many times have they gotten away with being corrrupt? We are all tired of it, but yet , they keep getting off scott free.

This time things are a lot different, though. UM got really, really stupid and really, really desperate. They aren't fooling anyone this time. I also think a lot of people are underestimating the hatred the rest of the country has for the SEC and the fact that UM was flirting hard with their recruits - recruits that were committed and locked in elsewhere before UM flashed some cash at them. Other schools have been putting heat on the NCAA to make an example out of an SEC school, and UM is an easy target in this case.

MSDeltaDawg
05-01-2016, 05:56 PM
In light of big softie's admission---what should we expect/hope for?

30 over 3 and 2 year bowl ban?

Basically entire staff and bjoke fired?

What would the low end cut off be to suspect "foul play" from the NCAA?

BayouDawg
05-01-2016, 06:00 PM
In light of big softie's admission---what should we expect/hope for?

30 over 3 and 2 year bowl ban?

Basically entire staff and bjoke fired?

What would the low end cut off be to suspect "foul play" from the NCAA?

This is purely my hypothesis based on recent relatively recent punishments. 3-5 years total probation loss of 30ish schollys and a 2 year bowl ban. Coach could probably give a better educated guess. He's been red dead on all things unm investigation

gravedigger
05-01-2016, 06:01 PM
I'm worried the plantation pricks will be willing to do anything to weasel their way out of this. Their corruption knows no bounds.

Any worry they could bribe/pay off the NCAA to lessen penalties?

If penalties aren't extremely severe in nature we need to call for an investigation into this possibility.

Don't have to. NCAA had its hand forced. Tunsill committed violations having relations with an agent which be was punished for. Now someone out there is sending info via his Twitter and Instagram accounts. Tunsil admits to the money, current coaches knowledge and his role. But the world knows.

NCAA is holding a royal flush. The public outside the sec expects justice.

I think the NCAA is probably trying to figure how to be hard on them without using measures that make them a martyr.

Bucky Dog
05-01-2016, 06:02 PM

In the same thread!

NYDawg
05-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't think you are alone in that thinking. We all know that the Plantation runs this state and their reach goes much further than most. They are the OM Illuminati.

Thanks for the laugh. OM Illuminati...hilarious...

Coach34
05-01-2016, 06:12 PM
In the same thread!

This thread is a troll job

And to answer one of trolls- the committee that meets on infractions wont meet until this Fall- so penalties are a long way from being announced