PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbit from this article

Really Clark?
05-01-2016, 04:37 PM
http://www.secmike.com/

I haven't been on as much lately so it may have mentioned before but thought this was interesting:

"Of course Ole Miss is currently already dealing with an NCAA investigation stemming from improper benefits directly related to Tunsil. The results of that investigation were scheduled to become public knowledge this month, however a third party involved in the investigation asked to pursue independent council, which delayed the results another 30 days. From what I?ve been told, the third party is a coach/staff member at Ole Miss, which is obviously not great news for the school? and this was weeks before the draft."

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 04:59 PM
The wheels on the bus go round and round.....and somebody is going under those wheels.

RealHastings
05-01-2016, 05:16 PM
Bbbbbut Ross say he can't wait to tell his story. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Bass Chaser
05-01-2016, 05:27 PM
I thought it was a 3rd party not associated with OM.

Lumpy Chucklelips
05-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Let's hope it is a current coach. Just that much more for that individual to worry and deal with instead of recruiting and coaching. I hope this is the case for all of them. Those involved and even those not directly, but them being guilty by association. The cleanest coach on staff may be worrying about his reputation and future employment because of the others that are involved. This has to be a distraction to the staff and players alike. I hope they all go over the cliff.

Martianlander
05-01-2016, 05:32 PM
So many people involved Freeze can't decide which one to throw under the bus and which one to take to Haiti.

spbdawg
05-01-2016, 05:33 PM
#

Dawgowar
05-01-2016, 06:55 PM
I thought it was a 3rd party not associated with OM.

They would say, "The word ASSOCIATION is a broad and objectively interpreted word whose definition has baffled us for many years. We will investigate its applicability to our administrative concerns with the NCAA and report back shortly with a comprehensive report."

Schultzy
05-01-2016, 09:29 PM
So many people involved Freeze can't decide which one to throw under the bus and which one to take to Haiti.

The Hatians are now planning their mission trip to Oxford.

Mjoelner34
05-01-2016, 09:31 PM

LOL +1

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
05-01-2016, 09:38 PM

LOL +10

Leroy Jenkins
05-01-2016, 10:01 PM

I hope they are not lookin' to get mamma's light bill paid, that revenue stream may be experiencing some revision.

Jack Lambert
05-01-2016, 10:02 PM

I think self preservation is going to kick in for all and the one that gets thrown under the bus is going to spill the beans on everyone.

Mjoelner34
05-01-2016, 10:12 PM
I hope they are not lookin' to get mamma's light bill paid, that revenue stream may be experiencing some revision.

The Haitians are going to be handing out these pamphlets:
http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/energysavingbulbs2.gif

Schultzy
05-01-2016, 10:21 PM
I think self preservation is going to kick in for all and the one that gets thrown under the bus is going to spill the beans on everyone.

I think that has already happened.

Spiderman
05-02-2016, 06:54 AM

Gold

Spiderman
05-02-2016, 06:55 AM
http://www.secmike.com/

I haven't been on as much lately so it may have mentioned before but thought this was interesting:

"Of course Ole Miss is currently already dealing with an NCAA investigation stemming from improper benefits directly related to Tunsil. The results of that investigation were scheduled to become public knowledge this month, however a third party involved in the investigation asked to pursue independent council, which delayed the results another 30 days. From what I?ve been told, the third party is a coach/staff member at Ole Miss, which is obviously not great news for the school? and this was weeks before the draft."

I'm told it's Vaughn, the former Ole Miss coach.

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 08:26 AM

That's who I pegged originally about requesting an extension. But could see a current staff member if UNM did in fact also change council during the middle of filing a response.

blacklistedbully
05-02-2016, 10:53 AM

But would a request by Vaughn prevent OM from responding, or is that still their choice?

When an extension is granted, does that mean all parties must refrain from responding, or does it simply mean the requesting party gets another 30 days to respond themselves?

Really Clark?
05-02-2016, 11:05 AM
But would a request by Vaughn prevent OM from responding, or is that still their choice?

When an extension is granted, does that mean all parties must refrain from responding, or does it simply mean the requesting party gets another 30 days to respond themselves?

Well you have two things to consider. First, regardless of the responses, UNM could have released the NOA at any point once they received them. Like many other schools have done in the past. Release the NOA and then release their response once everybody has had a chance to respond. You don't have to wait to release the NOA.

Secondly, they would have to withhold their response from the public until everybody who is named with infractions has had time to respond to the NOA. That part is understandable and appropriate. But the actual NOA does NOT have to be withheld. Some schools have in the past but there have been many cases where the school released the NOA fairly soon after they have been received. But everybody knows they did not want anything official out for their recruits to read before signing day. They needed to spin to keep that class in tact. Once they went that route, they were determined to keep it hidden as long as possible.

blacklistedbully
05-02-2016, 11:41 AM
Well you have two things to consider. First, regardless of the responses, UNM could have released the NOA at any point once they received them. Like many other schools have done in the past. Release the NOA and then release their response once everybody has had a chance to respond. You don't have to wait to release the NOA.

Secondly, they would have to withhold their response from the public until everybody who is named with infractions has had time to respond to the NOA. That part is understandable and appropriate. But the actual NOA does NOT have to be withheld. Some schools have in the past but there have been many cases where the school released the NOA fairly soon after they have been received. But everybody knows they did not want anything official out for their recruits to read before signing day. They needed to spin to keep that class in tact. Once they went that route, they were determined to keep it hidden as long as possible.

Thx for clarifying. I suppose it makes sense for them to withhold disclosing the details in the NOA until they are also prepared to respond.