PDA

View Full Version : The deathnail in all of this

gravedigger
05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Im sure om spin is going to continue to deflect all this with irrelevant details like the ncaa knowing last summer on the texts or slush funds for rent or whatever.

What cannot be deflected is what will ultimately kill them.

The academic fraud is the harmful part but it isnt going to be the accelerant to the fire.

No, the ncaa must deal with this one little question.

"How could all this have gone on in the last 3 years right under your noses if you were investigating in the first place?"

The ncaa can say nothing happened or they can say they knew about it all.

This last thursday was the perfect fuse for the bomb. No expose or usa today article could have accomplised this better.

Of course, i guess the ncaa could come back and say all the violations were secondary. But then they'd have to deal with the public outrage.

See what happened no longer matters.

The NCAA is on the clock now.

RocketDawg
05-01-2016, 04:19 PM
The expert commentary by Gruden and all the other talking heads is what really put all this in the spotlight last Thursday. And the question by McCready, and subsequent answer by Tunsil, was the icing on the cake. And it's obvious to me that Miami has told him to be quiet about the whole thing ... the payments don't affect them, but the bong pipe is a bit of an issue to them. And they saved a bunch of money by getting him.

BeardoMSU
05-01-2016, 04:21 PM
deathknell**

Good points, tho.

Coldsleeve Jr.
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
"How could all this have gone on in the last 3 years right under your noses if you were investigating in the first place?"

Excellent point

gravedigger
05-01-2016, 04:24 PM
deathknell**

Good points, tho.

My english should be gooder than that.